Hexerin

What is the purpose of the Scoped NTEC's existence?

It's literally just an NTEC, but can't move while aiming or its accuracy breaks to shit... for what purpose would one want to use this gun?

The idea was to give the N-TEC more range and zoom, and they had to give it a little downside to not make it pay to win.

It was the first armas gun besides the Whisper PR1, and they were experimenting.

3 minutes ago, GhosT said:

The idea was to give the N-TEC more range

Does it actually have more range? APB:Db still hasn't been updated with range info for Curves weapons...

As far as I know it used to be a 5 STK weapon.

2 minutes ago, Mikarity said:

Never was

4 minutes ago, Mikarity said:

It never has. However, the Ursus, which is pretty much the exact same weapon, does.

Allright, sorry for the wrong information. Its still weird, that so many old player have this gun even tho it can't really compete with the regular ntec 5.

The only reason I bought it was the amazing model it used to have.  Then they changed it to a standard model and now I regret purchasing it.

22 minutes ago, illgot said:

The only reason I bought it was the amazing model it used to have.  Then they changed it to a standard model and now I regret purchasing it.

I can top that, I bought the Scepter. 

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Does it actually have more range? APB:Db still hasn't been updated with range info for Curves weapons...

It should have more range as it uses a different range curve than the default Assault Rifle curve.

1 hour ago, Speedz said:

It should have more range as it uses a different range curve than the default Assault Rifle curve.

I would love to know the details of the curve systems.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

We all would. 

I played scoped N-tec PR1 over the normal n-tec for 1-2 years.

It felt very different when I jumped on to try riot, I think it might jumpshoot better than the normal n-tec but not sure since I only killed 3-4 civillians with it.

If its true then its prob an oversight from some "recent" change, never seen anyone play PR1 only PR2.

It used to be a thing in the past if i remember correctly, but with the weapon changes, it got less and less relevant up to the point where it just feels like a really bad NTEC nowadays.

Something along the lines of, it's got more zoom and its drop off takes longer to hit minimum damage? 

Really not worth it when the ursus has the same drop off as the scoped ntec but has none of the down sides.

32 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Something along the lines of, it's got more zoom and its drop off takes longer to hit minimum damage? 

Really not worth it when the ursus has the same drop off as the scoped ntec but has none of the down sides.

I believe the 'Ursus' has the standard assault rifle dropoff. Which is much steeper than the one on the Scoped N-TEC 5.

Edit: though that "much steeper" I believe is a 10m dropoff vs a 15m one if I recall? So while it IS substantially higher at 50% more it really doesn't do jack all in practice. So I have to admit that the 'Ursus' or regular N-TEC 5 still come out ahead simply because they don't have the awful downsides.

Edited by Genobee

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It's literally just an NTEC, but can't move while aiming or its accuracy breaks to shit... for what purpose would one want to use this gun?

iTs tO mAkE iT lOoK kEwL mAnG

Edited by ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™

6 hours ago, illgot said:

It had a different model? I only remember it being the NTEC Stock with a scope on it.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I can top that, I bought the Scepter. 

Main reason I've never bought the gun, the only option is the Scepter and I really just don't like the VAS model. The horrendous bulky-ness of the forward grip, plus they all can't use skins for shit. The magazine isn't even a separate skinning channel ffs.

5 hours ago, Speedz said:

Interesting to know. Normally I'd just drag my friend on and shoot him a bit to figure out the approximate ranges, but he refuses to reinstall the game (and I don't really blame him).

4 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I've been hoping that Little Orbit might just remove the Curves system entirely... but @MattScott hasn't said a word about the system at all, to my knowledge.

4 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

3 hours ago, Genobee said:

I believe the 'Ursus' has the standard assault rifle dropoff. Which is much steeper than the one on the Scoped N-TEC 5.

Edit: though that "much steeper" I believe is a 10m dropoff vs a 15m one if I recall? So while it IS substantially higher at 50% more it really doesn't do jack all in practice. So I have to admit that the 'Ursus' or regular N-TEC 5 still come out ahead simply because they don't have the awful downsides.

They changed the Ursus to follow the "scoped rifles" drop off, so they actually both use the same curve.

3 hours ago, Genobee said:

"Ntec 7 - now correctly uses the scoped assault rifle effective range"

A lot of people missed this when it happened.

2 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

"Ntec 7 - now correctly uses the scoped assault rifle effective range"

A lot of people missed this when it happened.

That linked post reminds me how much I miss the Improved Rifling rebalance they came up with. That particular design is meh, but the one that has the reduced fire rate for percentage plus flat increased range... Really a shame that all the meta tryhards whinging like children forced Little Orbit to revert the change, really hope they introduce that design as a separate mod later.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

That linked post reminds me how much I miss the Improved Rifling rebalance they came up with. That particular design is meh, but the one that has the reduced fire rate for percentage plus flat increased range... Really a shame that all the meta tryhards whinging like children forced Little Orbit to revert the change, really hope they introduce that design as a separate mod later.

iirc it was removed because it was just an annoyingly confusing set of negatives and positives for anyone who hasn't memorized apbdb

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It had a different model? I only remember it being the NTEC Stock with a scope on it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjB2t3C6f7jAhWTr54KHZndCu4QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanup.com%2Fall-points-bulletin-reloaded-apb%2Fguide%2Farmas-ntec-pr1-and-pr2&psig=AOvVaw1mtXOh5hiaNz3zOyqHfj6H&ust=1565750561838722

it was a nice looking weapon, but when they introduced skins they trashed the model and went for the old Ntec model so skins would apply to this gun.

Edited by illgot

54 minutes ago, illgot said:

123.jpg

it was a nice looking weapon, but when they introduced skins they trashed the model and went for the old Ntec model so skins would apply to this gun.

There's a few parts of that model I would have a gripe with, but yea I get where you're coming from on that one.