Jump to content
Thelnformer

Can we PLEASE go away with MARKETPLACE TAX?

Do we need marketplace TAX?  

192 members have voted

  1. 1. Do we need marketplace TAX?

    • Yes, we need money sink !
    • No ! Please it has no place in the game
    • Reduce Tax to ~5%


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Anyone can vote if you know why it's needed or not.

 

I stopped caring about money years ago.

 

Irony is if you remove market tax to "save money" your money has less value because everyone has more money so the price of everything goes up the whole "it would be cheaper if we dident have to factor in market tax" won't last very long. Do you really except people to sell cars cheaper then they were before?

And that's basically how it works. If there are no money sinks the amount of wealthy people would make prices go to the sky instead of lowering them, which results in cars, legendary weapons and valuable stuff becoming totally inaccessible for anyone else than group of players who could easily monopolize all the prices and the entire marketplace completely controlling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yeah cause the game's economy isn't inflated enough as it is, let's remove a money sink and make it worse.

 

APB needs more money sinks, not less.

Remember free armas stuff to please everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with a tax but it shouldn't be very noticeable. 5-7 % Would be enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are the economists when you need em amirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The marketplace tax is currently the only noticable money sink to most people. I think the whole approach on how to ensure economics don't get mudflated should be re-thinked, the ammo costs for example only hurt those who are just learning the game and don't have a lot of time to play it in the first place - all their mission rewards get sucked in renting guns, buying ammo and respawning cars, while some people sit with hundreds of millions on several of their characters with nothing to blow that on and no danger of ever losing any of it at the moment.

 

I think some form of wealth tax could be a thing to think about.

 

(If we had infinite dev power, I'd turn breakwater gallery into a casino. That would surely suck some of the loose dough from rotation.)

 

Edited by Chinook
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Hey, where'd you get your signature? And how did you add the image? Couldn't figure out how.

I posted a thread on the signature generator. Link:

Upload the image it downloads to imgur (or your preferred site) and then right click it, copy image location, and then paste it into your signature on your edit account page.

 

Sorry for being off topic.

 

I voted to keep it, game needs a money sink, it's what keeps the inflation down, and prevents our game from having any legendary cost 500 million +, or any symbol costing 1 billion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need the tax, especially if the game is about to rebound. The tax rate that's debatable, but it's been so high for so long... I would wait to mess with the in-game economy to way later.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i guess id be okay with lowering it on goods that need to be purchased, but i think it should def stay on "free" items like symbols and themes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This feature MUST NOT be taken off. This feature exists for a reason, that serves as a countermeasure against Real Cash Sellers. We don't need APB:R to become an AION or Lineage or whatever, with multiple fake cash sellers accounts all over the chat with: \/\/ \/\/ \/\/  .  G E T U R D A M N C H E A P C A S H H E R E  .  C  0  M  .  R  U  S

We already have more than enough toxicity and non-sense around in-game chats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont take it away, but make it some sense in to it. What about all that money go to Clan who was excellent in missions or something like that ?  You know, point in that tax. There is just tax what only "eat" money . What about tax where money sink better way ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Poperon said:

This feature MUST NOT be taken off. This feature exists for a reason, that serves as a countermeasure against Real Cash Sellers. We don't need APB:R to become an AION or Lineage or whatever, with multiple fake cash sellers accounts all over the chat with: \/\/ \/\/ \/\/  .  G E T U R D A M N C H E A P C A S H H E R E  .  C  0  M  .  R  U  S

We already have more than enough toxicity and non-sense around in-game chats.

Hey I have a wonderful business opportunity for you!

 

Wanna earn up to 2million APB$ from just a minimal amount of work? Think about investing in our new start up company. We are a grass roots, Enforcer grown organic modification seller that specialises in essential mods from natural sources. For only the low price of 200k you can buy a starter kit that can sell for millions! Even better if you recruit just a few friends you can quickly develop a downline that will pay off for years with only some minor management work from you. 

 

No this is not some pyramid scheme, those are illegal! This is a mid level management opportunity for those looking to be their own boss. 

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most games that have a in game market/auction have a tax. But 20 percent seems really steep. Maybe half it, and maybe subdue it for a new players first 10 or so postings or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Market tax is an important function for the health of the economy in the game. Without it, pretty much no money would ever be lost from the game, and the economy just gets more inflated over time. Anyone asking for it to be removed are only thinking about making some extra bucks from each transaction, and don't consider what the long term consequences would be for the game.

 

I rather think the opposite, that the game requires more money sinks. However, the economy in the game needs to be tweaked either way, so that free-to-play players are able to play the game and actually afford weapons to rent.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you dont feed the system ,it will die and begin to eat you.

Tax are a need for keep system existence.

 

If i have to explain, you will never understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

Market tax is an important function for the health of the economy in the game. Without it, pretty much no money would ever be lost from the game, and the economy just gets more inflated over time. Anyone asking for it to be removed are only thinking about making some extra bucks from each transaction, and don't consider what the long term consequences would be for the game.

 

I rather think the opposite, that the game requires more money sinks. However, the economy in the game needs to be tweaked either way, so that free-to-play players are able to play the game and actually afford weapons to rent.

This.

37 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

If you dont feed the system ,it will die and begin to eat you.

Tax are a need for keep system existence.

 

If i have to explain, you will never understand.

Well, how did Dopefish just explain it then?

Though you are correct, I struggle to understand what you said just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weapon renting is a real shame and the main reason I bought all those Armas weapons years ago. Not to save game money but to just stop having to constantly rent and also to be able to play a mission or fightclub in a way I feel like on a whim. I get it though as G1 must have made loads of money from lazy chumps like me.

 

As for the tax, it doesn't really effect me much since I sell clothes which have a really cheap base price. So whoever said tax is there to stop symbol sellers is way off since it really has zero effect on them.

 

Due to the tax I no longer sell cars as you have to make them so much more expensive than their base price just to get your money back. I feel the tax can be a bit unfair to those people who enjoy designing and selling cars.

 

And yeah don't even think about trying to make money by buying and selling legendaries. I got out of that game pretty quick lol.

Edited by WitchQueen
Damn samsung auto correct forum issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove it.

 

There is a cap on the total cost of sales anyway.

 

It might be necessary on game with upwards of 1 million players, but on APB? Not at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First things first, get a new anti cheat in, and fix the lag.
THEN they can tackle things like the marketplace, content, etc.

 

Easy way to solve it right now, don't buy anything on Armas and wait for them to fix it.

I just want a playable game at the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Anyone can vote if you know why it's needed or not.

 

I stopped caring about money years ago.

 

Irony is if you remove market tax to "save money" your money has less value because everyone has more money so the price of everything goes up the whole "it would be cheaper if we dident have to factor in market tax" won't last very long. Do you really except people to sell cars cheaper then they were before?

Haha you have no idea for noobs a tax cut would be awesome cuz they could buy rank three mods for 20k less just the jmb weapons could go up in the future but everything else would go straight down.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

keep it in

 

it’s especially needed for stuff like symbols and themes that can be duped and resold infinitely 

this should be the obvious thing however it discourages people selling stuff at higher prices etc. i think the tax does need to be tweaked maybe 12% seems like a more reasonable tax rate

 

afterall if there was no tax then there would be no system in place to take money out of the economy. hence the reason a tax exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

APB needs more large scale money sinks (Legendaries don't really fufill that purpose in my mind). Perhaps there needs to be more expensive items that could be purchasable in game? Maybe weapon skins and titles that cost a lot of in-game cash. Or even paying through the nose to trial Armas weapons.

 

There could also be a need to introduce more tradable commodities with finite quantities. Perhaps Little Orbit could run competitions for designing items, and then release those items as limited edition fashion items which can be traded.

 

Whatever they do I hope they at least reduce the ridiculous cost of refurbishing vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, its the onyl money sink the game has.

 

however cars could indeed need some adjustment in their tax as opposed to symbols and music they aren't free to get and put in marketplace.

 

If g1 would remove the tax we all woudl just see prices skyrocketing due to inflation of money.

 

17 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

APB needs more large scale money sinks (Legendaries don't really fufill that purpose in my mind). Perhaps there needs to be more expensive items that could be purchasable in game? Maybe weapon skins and titles that cost a lot of in-game cash. Or even paying through the nose to trial Armas weapons.

 

There could also be a need to introduce more tradable commodities with finite quantities. Perhaps Little Orbit could run competitions for designing items, and then release those items as limited edition fashion items which can be traded.

 

Whatever they do I hope they at least reduce the ridiculous cost of refurbishing vehicles.

 

If statues would be like symbol boards people would buy them to place their avatars in districts, unfortunately they disappear and are only active in the one district you activate them. But they could be another money sink.

Edited by LilyV3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure it isn’t pleasant when I have to I have to pay $ 7,500 in taxes on a weapon mod sold for $ 37,500.

I rather see that $ 7,500 as a commission to the marketplace for getting advertising, distribution and a secure trade.

You could easily sell your stuff via your mailbox but have to advertise and distribute your goods to sell on your own and you won’t have the security to receive your earned ingame money.

 

The marketplace taxes should be lowered, especially for higher priced goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...