Thelnformer

Can we PLEASE go away with MARKETPLACE TAX?

Do we need marketplace TAX?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need marketplace TAX?

• Yes, we need money sink !
    • No ! Please it has no place in the game
    • Reduce Tax to ~5%

4 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

And yeah don't even think about trying to make money by buying and selling legendaries. I got out of that game pretty quick lol.

Not trying to make money reselling legendaries, I just didn't like what I bought and wanted to sell it and get something else, but losing 200k or so was pretty steep, I'd have been fine losing some money but that was a lot

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Not trying to make money reselling legendaries, I just didn't like what I bought and wanted to sell it and get something else, but losing 200k or so was pretty steep, I'd have been fine losing some money but that was a lot

this could be solved by adding all JMB guns to the joker store so people can test them.

• Like 1

so thread title is "can we go away with marketplace tax?" and i thought yea maybe, but the question on the thread itself is the opposite: "should apb keep it?"

LMAO

so if I  say YES, am i answering the thread title or the answer in it?

smh

Edited by Uhtdred

1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

this could be solved by adding all JMB guns to the joker store so people can test them.

That's an interesting idea... but then I just wondered, what if everyone was running around with 7-day leased Ogres? I guess you could make it cost a hefty amount of JTs though.

1 hour ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Yep the same happened to me too. People dealing with things that have  huge base price are massively penalised.

If i want to sell a 0 slot car which cost me 40k then if I want to make any meaningful money on it I need to sell for over 50k to break even and 60k just gets 8k profit.

2 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:

Yep the same happened to me too. People dealing with things that have  huge base price are massively penalised.

If i want to sell a 0 slot car which cost me 40k then if I want to make any meaningful money on it I need to sell for over 50k to break even and 60k just gets 8k profit.

I once had a 3 slot car I no longer wanted and I think I had to sell it dirt cheap cause no one would buy it at the price I would have wanted to sell it at to break even...

I either did that or just gave it away and dealt with the loss.

7 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

That's an interesting idea... but then I just wondered, what if everyone was running around with 7-day leased Ogres? I guess you could make it cost a hefty amount of JTs though.

I am alread ypast my "need JT" part in APB, so I don't know whats currently possible to gather, but 700JT's for 7 days lease of a legendary should be ok?

1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

I am alread ypast my "need JT" part in APB, so I don't know whats currently possible to gather, but 700JT's for 7 days lease of a legendary should be ok?

*shrug* I rarely use JTs, or more accurately, I never care how much I have, if I'm in social and happen to stroll into the Joker store and find something (like a title or body kit I wouldn't pay G1C for) and can afford it, then I buy it. So I really dunno what a fair price would look like.

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Where are the economists when you need em amirite?

They are the ones that will not even click on this topic.

Just beggars complaining they don't have enough money.

The correct prices (the prices i sell my items at) are Mathamatic.

Equip lvl 4 costs 20k Market takes 20% so the best price is sell at 60k.

0 slot cars cost 40k (jericho vegas etc.) market takes 20% so sell at 80k 

Get where im going with this? Without tax there is no reason why you wont just sell cars at 100k to make it better People are greedy and the whole "without market tax it will only make legendarys cheaper" yeah no. Everything is effected by market tax Don't be so short sighted I don't like losing money but it's better to lose 20k then have that 20k be worth 30k less. 

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zolerox said:

They are the ones that will not even click on this topic.

Just beggars complaining they don't have enough money.

The correct prices (the prices i sell my items at) are Mathamatic.

Equip lvl 4 costs 20k Market takes 20% so the best price is sell at 60k.

0 slot cars cost 40k (jericho vegas etc.) market takes 20% so sell at 80k 

Get where im going with this? Without tax there is no reason why you wont just sell cars at 100k to make it better People are greedy and the whole "without market tax it will only make legendarys cheaper" yeah no. Everything is effected by market tax Don't be so short sighted I don't like losing money but it's better to lose 20k then have that 20k be worth 30k less. 

if the taxes wernt so high from the beginning then the overpriced shits would of never started. think about that
So now its kinda way too late to remove tax...but still not late to adjust it.

Edited by Keshi

1 minute ago, Keshi said:

if the taxes wernt so high from the beginning then the overpriced shits would of never started. think about that

Guess you forgot how much it costs to a. Get a legendary (which is only possible with real money) and b. Make a 4 slot car.

2 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Guess you forgot how much it costs to a. Get a legendary (which is only possible with real money) and b. Make a 4 slot car.

The cost to get a legendary varies

Depends on how many JMBs you bought or on how much you bought it for on the MP

8 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

The cost to get a legendary varies

Depends on how many JMBs you bought or on how much you bought it for on the MP

I don't count All mine are bought in game so Never really Brang more legends into the marketplace.

4 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

I don't count All mine are bought in game so Never really Brang more legends into the marketplace.

Mine too, my girlfriend did win some but she kept most

I see a new option to vote for... but I can't re-vote

22 hours ago, Chinook said:

I think the whole approach on how to ensure economics don't get mudflated should be re-thinked, the ammo costs for example only hurt those who are just learning the game and don't have a lot of time to play it in the first place - all their mission rewards get sucked in renting guns, buying ammo and respawning cars,

ammo costs?      its already dirt cheap

respawning cars?      why not take one of the npc cars to get around then?

not enough time to play?      not my fault....cant help with that

once again - there was a market exploit for free money so the money sink is needed..... as long as g1 didn't fully delete it then its somewhere on the old threads

also like others mentioned - having more money from no money sink only means prices go up because no one would sell stuff dirt cheap lie it is now  legendary's used to be in the millions just for one gun

one final thing - the ones who have millions made themes clothes and sold off armas gun s for the money they have now

the rest said they got it from ram raiding

<--- 10+ million Never sold a legendary for cash and im an enforcer don't even think about saying "All from ram raiding" and on han the (3 players online) server everyone jokes about.

Can this thread end The people that understand how market tax is needed obviously need it to stay and the people who are broke want it gone Leave the game changing suggestions to the Vet's 

Anti Cheat More content Engine upgrade. Market tax is not even a game breaking issue.

The game needs a money sink.

If the marketplace tax were removed, a new money sink would have to be added somewhere: either in the form of a percentage pricing fee, or through percentage ammo and car spawn costs.

How would you feel if instead of losing 20% of the money received from the sale, you'd have to pay 20% of the price you put an item up for, regardless of whether or not it gets sold?

Or how would you feel if ammo and car spawns costed a percentage of your money, resulting in car spawns costing in the thousands, if not tens of thousands?

36 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

The game needs a money sink.

If the marketplace tax were removed, a new money sink would have to be added somewhere: either in the form of a percentage pricing fee, or through percentage ammo and car spawn costs.

How would you feel if instead of losing 20% of the money received from the sale, you'd have to pay 20% of the price you put an item up for, regardless of whether or not it gets sold?

Or how would you feel if ammo and car spawns costed a percentage of your money, resulting in car spawns costing in the thousands, if not tens of thousands?

that would be worse because with only 1 day auctions it woudl amssively suck for any item having a premade price.

the "unfair" part is free2copy vs priced items. cars should probably only have 5% tax while smybols could even have 25%. They are free to copy so they are 100%profit -tax. While every car is always a low profit item.