MattScott

June 2019 - Engine Upgrade progress (screenshots & video)

8 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Reloaded never touched AA.  And i think LO was removing DX9 mode as well so right now, there isn't any.  But as Matt said earlier, visuals are not final and will be adjusted later.

I dunno everything seems to have a damn lot of jagged edges, maybe it's just my memory doing "old shits were better". I haven't touched APBR in over 3 years! 

or maybe it was my MSI laptop making everything supersaturated... and Nvidia doing that extra AA stuff! 

Edited by Thelnformer

4 hours ago, Speedz said:

iSUyypA.jpg

Yea thx asylum is ok..but this one is incredible.Finally ill be able to see enemy at night

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

realtime worlds looks better lmao

True, everything looks washed out , lots of grey, looks kinda depressing but the main focus for me is the performance anyways.

15 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

cool, there's progress. 

game still has cheaters, lower pop and is stale. hope u guys fix it :^)

they will fix by releasing jmb and garbage contents cause we have idiots who still spend on dead games.

7 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

they will fix by releasing jmb and garbage contents cause we have idiots who still spend on dead games.

do you really think the 500 people left spend enough money to actually make a profit of apb?

• Like 1

I can still show off 2 more screenshots so if you want to see a specific area then shoot me a request, I'll pick my favorite if there are too many 😃

5 minutes ago, Frosi said:

I can still show off 2 more screenshots so if you want to see a specific area then shoot me a request, I'll pick my favorite if there are too many 😃

I would like to see the social boat area from the bay.

25 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I would like to see the social boat area from the bay.

Could you get me a live screenshot for a side to side comparison?

37 minutes ago, Frosi said:

7y9NYXQ.png

You could please show this.

Edited by 7GX

11 minutes ago, 7GX said:

7y9NYXQ.png

You could please show this.

i89EFdl.jpg

Also a quick note about the font. The font is currently in the transition of being changed to the current live font so you might notice a few inconsistencies here and there.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Frosi said:

i89EFdl.jpg

thx soooo much.

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Goodbye APB aesthetic. /wave

I swear I am like the only person that actually plays at 4k.

how does it get rid of apbs aesthetic? they just use a few higher textures, the screenshots baaasically look the same

you and skay, the only ones

(there is at least one more: todesklinge showed off his two 4k screens around the time when tiggs showed off her 10k$ pc lul)

Edited by neophobia

This is amazing progress.

Nighttime looks extremely good, but I can't get over the fact how oversaturated and colorful everything is during the day. That doesn't suit APB imo.

Vehicles look very much out of place in daytime.

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

I would appreciate it if you published this one.

I found this part interesting because in the trailer of the Unreal Engine 3.5 published by G1, there are elements such as container coverage.

RmsNRpO.png

Edited by 7GX

Hi, first, thank you for the informations and screenshots

It's possible to get one from here pls? 🙂 

70IBKyL.png

Oh no, now that they're changing things up like the names of hotels, please tell me Coffee Crib is still in business! D;

(And San Paro Pizza ;~;)

This is awesome guys, thank you!  Aaaaahh you can see the clouds again!  The sky isn't just a glowing blob anymore!  Could we possibly get a few more shots of Asylum at night?  That one Kevkof posted of the courtyard looked so good compared to live!  The night time still needs some work but that's already been addressed by Matt that the visuals aren't final. (Thank you @MattScott for moving towards the old style!) 

Edited by BrandonBranderson

26 minutes ago, Hausman said:

Hi, first, thank you for the informations and screenshots

It's possible to get one from here pls? 🙂 

9rMMHta.png

Is 4:3 a requirement?

It would appear that their sign is slightly broken. I'll be sure to let RIMBAUD know.

Edited by rooq
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Frosi said:

Could you get me a live screenshot for a side to side comparison?

38D7BC43EAEA42F992284ADE35D346032ED7565C

I like the visuals of the engine update better than the live version, but I'd rather have a gritty APB... with a "used" look... dirtier - busted up. (APB textures are too plain)

looking at crimecraft gangwars I get kinda jealous...

CrimeCraft-3.jpg

also, can we finally get RAIN in APB? 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

so is that weird light coming from the earth itself that made all leather/plastic clothes look like patootie gone now? thats all I care about

and this

12 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

So what does tasty burger look like now

1 minute ago, Snubnose said:

I like the visuals of the engine update better than the live version, but I'd rather have a gritty APB... with a "used" look... dirtier - busted up. (APB textures are too plain)

looking at crimecraft gangwars I get kinda jealous...

CrimeCraft-3.jpg

also, can we finally get RAIN in APB? 🙂

If you dont like the look change it. I'm gonna have to get back to @MattScott on that though. far as I know "currently using reshade on APB is fine to use"

any update is a good update 🙂

and... not to be a downer here on positive news, but... i feel a tad underwhelmed. it appears to look a little "2014" graphically?

just nothing here that makes you look twice compared to the current game. nothing a new potential player would say "wow! i gotta try this out..."

i don't know guys... just seems  weak to me. there are so many absolutely stunning games out there i would hope (really hope) things will look much better in the 'final' release.

• Thanks 1

I wonder what the UE 4 has in store for us after the initial 3.5 core tests and release 🤔 the hype thickens.

P.S: But would there be weather effects for 3.5 or will we have to wait till UE4?

Edited by ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™
  • Like 3