MattScott

Removing weapon drops from opposed missions

Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dropped weapons in Fight Club?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that yesterday's patch accidentally included the ability for players to drop their weapons when dying across all districts. Essentially we created a new flag for this feature that is a core part of RIOT, but that flag wasn't turned off on the other district types. This was not intended, and will be removed on the next patch.

For those players that like this feature, I think the context of my decision is important. This topic was discussed a lot with the SPCT, and in the end I agreed with the position that choosing a strategic loadout is a fundamental part of APB, as it forces players to choose wisely and lean into specific play styles. The addition of dropped weapons trivialize some of those choices, and has the potential to reinforce gameplay we don't want to see.

However now that we've seen this can actually happen, do you guys want this feature left on for Fight Club?

Thanks,
Matt

Criminals with stun launchers? no thank you.

Bote should be leave wep drops across all game district.

This is a upgrade APB needed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolpack said:

you know that this weapon drop system is different from the one we had before right? this one completely overwrites the gun you are holding, by actually replacing the gun in your hands, so you can swith between guns and use it as if its your own, rather than having 2 primary guns at once

many people dont seem to realize this

even if it cant be abused to the same extent as previous weapon drop mechanics, ive already had several situations ( both with me picking up dropped weapons and being the weapon dropper) where dropped weapons significantly affected match balance

i also don't think we need even more encouragement not to push (at the risk of giving opp a valuable weapon) and instead sit on corners or spam low yields

Was just thinking that I missed you seeing what the community preferred before taking action on changes. Nice to see you back at that again.

I understand your decision, I do like the weapon drop in any mode. 

I think it would be good for marketing. I think the Riot layout is spectacular and I think You Collage Boys Done a Good JOb. 🎖️

• Like 1

Everyone complaining about wep drop in action district , and the fact someone work really hard or purchased. Are not taking into account a new player coming into the game.

He never will get past the fact he is going to have to sink ether money or real time into the game to get to even try out weps. 

Look at the game from a fresh player point of view, currently the worst thing about this game is the lack of a player base. Anything that makes the game seem fun from a new player's point of view is good in my opinion.

In the end the game should feel fair, wep drop does that really well in the action district, some weps have no recoil what so ever and are great for certain situations, an enemie that changes wep but dies, gets double punished I think its a really good mechanic, adds another layer to the game, that has felt stale for quite a long time.

The action district has not seen any love, since basically the game coming out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, however it would make more sense if every player would drop both primary and secondary weapon as a lootable box with added resupply timer.

Just now, xHenryman90x said:

Yes, however it would make more sense if every player would drop both primary and secondary weapon as a lootable box with added resupply timer.

falls than you are shooting the opponent in the time of the murder . two weapons should not fall .

On 6/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that yesterday's patch accidentally included the ability for players to drop their weapons when dying across all districts. Essentially we created a new flag for this feature that is a core part of RIOT, but that flag wasn't turned off on the other district types. This was not intended, and will be removed on the next patch.

For those players that like this feature, I think the context of my decision is important. This topic was discussed a lot with the SPCT, and in the end I agreed with the position that choosing a strategic loadout is a fundamental part of APB, as it forces players to choose wisely and lean into specific play styles. The addition of dropped weapons trivialize some of those choices, and has the potential to reinforce gameplay we don't want to see.

However now that we've seen this can actually happen, do you guys want this feature left on for Fight Club?

Thanks,
Matt

If it is a special event round for FC then I don't know why not so long as after it is over people get their normal guns back.

A new mode to add onto the others already in FC would be fine by me.

I mean how else would you add onto an already existing FC map.

but that just my thinking and not even my opinion since I am undecided

Edited by Fortune Runner

Please keep this feature in mission district I don't really care for it in fight club, it makes the game much more fun and makes people more likely to buy the weapons if they like it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

keep it entirely

• Like 1

Yeah yeah first ask if we want something. That way you can be sure it is not going to end up like RIOT.

My dropped armas weapons free to use for the new f2p rage hackers. Sounds like a good plan...

/sarcasm

Edited by Spy

As a modifier to a game mode in FC perhaps. Otherwise no and hard no to action districts because of balance.

Im ok with that but on business point of view is bad idea.Why players will buy your guns when after they die-everybody will be able to use dat gun.Makes no sense and will pssd of a lot of players if this stays permanent

I dont vote on this cuz i play FC barely and maybe i dont think over every point

But i dislike the idea to give an “OP-Player“ that ran out of ammo just another weapon to go on

Cuz resupply ur ammo also belongs into the game

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

choosing a strategic loadout is a fundamental part of APB, as it forces players to choose wisely and lean into specific play styles.

Sooo much this ^^

i dont care too much for FC but i don't think this mechanic belongs there either.

it's just not APB

Merged.

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

This was not intended, and will be removed on the next patch.

is there an ETA on this "hotfix"?

please don't say we gotta put up with this until next wednesday.

Im not happy with that non-intended change honestly, it made me so sad when in mission, because enemies had my guns, that's not balanced, this is why we wanted this in the past but needed to be fairly balanced.

i like in the mission district - i took a NHVR from 1 guy and started camp like he does and won the game. but there is a several issues in this fun feature - we have the winner - the guy who picked up the gun - and the victim - the guy that payd 100000 g1c to have that gun. he actually payd for using this gun - will that guy be disappointed? is that fair? i love the feature, but i dont think its fair for those who payed to use this gun, - but again  LO - that victim guy that dropped the weapon for which he payd 1000000 g1c - is ur COSTUMER - the guy that bring money in game - you need think about his need first of all - is he want  that winner guy use his gun that he payd for?.............i cant say actually - no one used my gun vs me

40 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Im not happy with that non-intended change honestly, it made me so sad when in mission, because enemies had my guns, that's not balanced, this is why we wanted this in the past but needed to be fairly balanced.

probably u right but i love that thing - mb bcoz no one wanted to use my  osmaw or volcano lol

Allow weapon drops in fc. Something more interesting and also will allow to try different weapons till you die

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Im ok with that but on business point of view is bad idea.Why players will buy your guns when after they die-everybody will be able to use dat gun.Makes no sense and will pssd of a lot of players if this stays permanent

exactly 

They've done this in the past and I personally hate it in mission districts. It'll certainly benefit players who haven't spent money on the game since they likely have a very limited weapon selection. I'm a bit less opposed to it in Fight Club, but I almost never go there anyway.

don't you guys want people that just get in the game to have a fair time ?

• Thanks 2