MattScott

Posting progress on Twitter #ThisOldGame

Hi all,

Rather than clutter up the forums with random posts, I'll be putting up progress shots on my twitter feed (@mattpscott) using the tag #ThisOldGame. Lately I've been bouncing back and forth between finishing the art import and starting some of the backend server programming. This test was slightly tricky because the raw data is Z-Up and rotations are in angle tenths for Yaw, Pitch, and Roll. I had to experiment a bit to get things to line up properly. Dynamic lights are all temporary values, so they don't match the actual game. I tried to line up the camera angle as best as I could for the comparison.

Here are the latest test shots of Boneclaw.

boneclaw-old.png

boneclaw-new.png

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Hi there,

It’s still early days, but right now we are using Unity to visualize the reconstructed art assets.

Thanks,

Matt

Could you maybe post updates to this thread too please?  Not all of us are a fan of censorship Social media.  I dont do twitter personally, but I have enjoyed this mmorpg for years, and want to know whats coming, but not at the cost of giving twitter my info to sell.

6 hours ago, APB2012 said:

Could you maybe post updates to this thread too please?  Not all of us are a fan of censorship Social media.  I dont do twitter personally, but I have enjoyed this mmorpg for years, and want to know whats coming, but not at the cost of giving twitter my info to sell.

Big pharma already knows who you are

On 4/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, StubbyClaps said:

Big pharma already knows who you are

That is fine, I just dont do social media.  No twitter, no facebook, no myspace.  So I dont get all those spammy emails, but I also miss out on alot of updates.  Small price to stay off the social media grid.

10 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Posted to Twitter today:

any screenshots of Embry crossroads anytime soon?

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2019 at 4:57 PM, APB2012 said:

don't even want to go there - but what in your opinion is really getting censored there?

btt: actually excited about the rework of fallen earth too, i've always wanted to try but felt like it was quite dead anyway... maybe this'll change.

Edited by neophobia