mtz

Legendary weapon opinion poll

Just out of curiosity, and partially because the topic of a legendary weapon rating has been brushed upon on Kempington's stream, I've made this public survey of legendary weapons. Feel free to participate - who knows, maybe Little Orbit will find the results useful in the future!

https://goo.gl/forms/42v1OQga5bPhmHD32

Those interested in just seeing the results can visit this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1zl2nz26B0FpeJWnNU7y6Am9AnXcajxcDDztUHsg3mjulGw/viewanalytics

---

This link leads to the old, incorrectly made survey. I am leaving it up to make its results available. Please use the link ABOVE to participate.

https://goo.gl/forms/gnGRaObL6IgwXJWE2

Edited by MartinPL
Added a link to the results
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted a response, hope it takes off. Will be interesting to see everything

EDIT: I can take the poll multiple times. Probably should stop that.

Edited by IROCkiller

3 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

Posted a response, hope it takes off. Will be interesting to see everything

EDIT: I can take the poll multiple times. Probably should stop that.

pHcYH5p.png

No other way around that.

Don't listen to Kemp.

Unless of course he agrees with me.

t0eRz2n.gif

...too soon?

• Like 1

why didnt u use the poll the forum can provide itself?

EDIT: i just opened it... mabaaaaaaddddd

Edited by Keshi
oops

The flare gun is not a legendary weapon, fyi

I'm glad we can all agree that the Yukon is an excellent secondary. 
Maybe too excellent, but oh well.

I'm actually sort of shocked how many people voted the Ursus to be "excellent" 50% almost I think it's good not excellent though. Based on that, those same people must think the N-TEC 5 is better than excellent..?

15 minutes ago, Skilze said:

Maybe he meant fireworks launcher? I think that's the legendary version.

17 minutes ago, Skilze said:

I honestly thought it was. Should I remove it from the list then?

I may need a point of reference. Almost, if not all weapons have their good and bad points so I'm not sure if I should label them as Excellent (as in excellently balanced, or, when used properly, it performs well) or Average (because I think it's both good and bad depending on the situation)

11 minutes ago, XIII said:

Maybe he meant fireworks launcher? I think that's the legendary version.

The FWL is already in the list. 

9 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

I honestly thought it was. Should I remove it from the list then?

That's up to you since the list is solely for legendary weapons, the only difference between both weapons is the animation of the flare. That's all.

23 minutes ago, Spherii said:

I'm glad we can all agree that the Yukon is an excellent secondary. 
Maybe too excellent, but oh well.

I think it is too excellent, I was in CQC with a guy and I tagged him a bit then when I rushed, he emptied it into me at point blank range (I had full health) and I dropped like a fly in, quite literally, a second or less. Can't tell if it was lag or what.

1 hour ago, XIII said:

I think it is too excellent, I was in CQC with a guy and I tagged him a bit then when I rushed, he emptied it into me at point blank range (I had full health) and I dropped like a fly in, quite literally, a second or less. Can't tell if it was lag or what.

The Yukon is an absolute monster in very close range, and the best way to counter that is to stay at a decent range, give it the NFAS treatment. 

The big problem is that you can't see what secondary the enemy has, so let's say you're rushing an HVR-guy and he pulls out the good ol' Yukon on your face and unloads. 

For now I think the big issue is that people still don't really know how to play against it, but it's like the old NFA if you remember those times.

34 minutes ago, Spherii said:

The Yukon is an absolute monster in very close range, and the best way to counter that is to stay at a decent range, give it the NFAS treatment. 

The big problem is that you can't see what secondary the enemy has, so let's say you're rushing an HVR-guy and he pulls out the good ol' Yukon on your face and unloads. 

For now I think the big issue is that people still don't really know how to play against it, but it's like the old NFA if you remember those times.

The last time I played before my most recent sessions was over a year ago, a little after the Yukon just came out, so I had no idea it was this good.

Also, I'm not sure about the old NFA, if you're talking about within the last 4 years, then I simply never used it much. I wasn't playing 5+ years ago though.

Edit: And speaking of NFAS, I need to start saving up to buy someone's Ogre off the market.

Edited by XIII
Umm... added a comment?

I gave opinion on weapons I owned or used and left it blank for this which i don't have.

I think it should be pretty balanced and fair response and that's what we need.

anyone who downvotes the vbr should cease to exist

3 hours ago, AgentWatson said:

I'm actually sort of shocked how many people voted the Ursus to be "excellent" 50% almost I think it's good not excellent though. Based on that, those same people must think the N-TEC 5 is better than excellent..?

Of course, right now the HVR, OCA and the NTEC are absolute. 

How are we supposed to scale these? Performance? Power? Aesthetic? I noticed the FFA 5.56 R&D III has mostly Excellent/Good votes, but it's basically only a reskin of the OBIR, and, for example, I wouldn't put it on the same pedestal as the Yukon if we're measuring how balanced we think these are. On the other hand, I think the Huntress looks awesome, but I mostly see it as a downgrade to the SR15. 

36 minutes ago, Kairi said:

How are we supposed to scale these? Performance? Power? Aesthetic? I noticed the FFA 5.56 R&D III has mostly Excellent/Good votes, but it's basically only a reskin of the OBIR, and, for example, I wouldn't put it on the same pedestal as the Yukon if we're measuring how balanced we think these are. On the other hand, I think the Huntress looks awesome, but I mostly see it as a downgrade to the SR15. 

This is why I'm considering redoing the poll with a more precise goal. I feel like people are casting their votes based on their own interpretation.

I have remade the survey. The second version should make the choices more precise and indicative of what they convey. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Great poll / topic to bring up.

Interesting to see the communities general opinion on stuff as well as what's unanimous.

LittleOrbit take notes!