Sign in to follow this  
ZoriaDunne

Colby SNR Range and Accuracy

Hey guys, I've been using Colby SNR a lot lately, and I love it, kinda annoys me it's 4 stk having 6 rounds, but hey, it's pretty accurate in short range.
What bugs me is that having 30 m range (50 at minimum damage) the crosshair is quite big even crouching, so hitting from 15 m+ is kinda impossible.
Shouldn't it have a smaller crosshair so you can use those 30 m properly?

Edited by TheKeanuReeves

The SNR was intended to be the starting sidearm, but G1 changed it to the FBW, which is superior in most cases. I agree that the SNR needs a little better accuracy.

If you need more range atm, us the ACT44. It has the same ttk with higher accuracy. The downsides are it's draw time and moving accuracy. You could also use the .45 if you want more damage per shot.

1 minute ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

The SNR was intended to be the starting sidearm, but G1 changed it to the FBW, which is superior in most cases. I agree that the SNR needs a little better accuracy.

If you need more range atm, us the ACT44. It has the same ttk with higher accuracy. The downsides are it's draw time and moving accuracy. You could also use the .45 if you want more damage per shot.

My problem with ACT and RSA is that they make a lot of ghostshoots, a lot.

• Thanks 1

Maybe more accuracy to make it viable up to 20 metres would be more fair but the damage drop off matches the OCA which makes me think it was always intended to be a CQC weapon.

I will say that logic and mathematics would suggest that along with range, accuracy should be increased with a greater rifle barrel (obviously factors of rifling angle and length).

The velocity of the gun would suggest it should be more accurate with the exception to the fact it is a hand gun with iron sights and human factors then come affect.

Do snr and rsa share the same caliber?

Anyways ive used it and its an underated gun. After the dmg nerf and faster fire rate is more viable, but since its a short range gun they shouldnt have nerf the dmg and bump its fire rate a bit to keep it 3 hit to kill.

Edited by Excalibur!

31 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

I don't use them, so I can't confirm or deny, but if that's the issue wouldn't the solution be to fix those instead of trying to get another gun to fill their role?

As far as buffing it goes, I'd like to see a very slight accuracy buff, but nothing more. I personally want the gun to keep meme status. If they made it any good, they'd have to change gun game events, as well as daily missions that require kills with it, as it would no longer be challenging. 

13 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

I don't use them, so I can't confirm or deny, but if that's the issue wouldn't the solution be to fix those instead of trying to get another gun to fill their role?

As far as buffing it goes, I'd like to see a very slight accuracy buff, but nothing more. I personally want the gun to keep meme status. If they made it any good, they'd have to change gun game events, as well as daily missions that require kills with it, as it would no longer be challenging. 

I gave up on Devs fixing many things years ago.

31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I dont think anyone would mind a buff to the SNR. 

As is, gun is a total meme. 

27 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'd rather it be left as a meme gun to be honest.

21 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

I stand corrected. 

There is still someone that use that puppy little old starter pistol ? thats cute ! :3 ^^

Edited by iDontThinkSo

I agree with the accuracy buff suggestion, it won't make it meta but the RNG it has currently makes it frustrating to use to say the least.

Though whatever niche it might have had is mostly gone with the Thunder being a thing, which feels a bit like a pre nerf SNR on steroids. At least the SNR is uncontested in terms of equip time and per shot damage combination.

Not only is the accuracy laughably bad but also this: APB_2018-11-25_19-34-03.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archon said:

Not only is the accuracy laughably bad but also this: APB_2018-11-25_19-34-03.png

wOrKiNg aS iNtEnDeD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Hey guys, I've been using Colby SNR a lot lately, and I love it, kinda annoys me it's 4 stk having 6 rounds, but hey, it's pretty accurate in short range.
What bugs me is that having 30 m range (50 at minimum damage) the crosshair is quite big even crouching, so hitting from 15 m+ is kinda impossible.
Shouldn't it have a smaller crosshair so you can use those 30 m properly?

the way i see it, the SNR is intended to be used as a finisher weapon. you run out of ammo on your OCA? bum, SNR, thats why it drains 25% of your health on every shot. so... i dont think it was intended to be used as a standalone weapon.

2 hours ago, Leefekyn said:

yeah sure, just let me learn how to program at a level where i can work in a videogame really fast, then i just need to get a job in LO and fix the thing and i can come back to my game. it should take me just a couple of years.

polarbearcub.jpg

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

1v1 snubnose tournament tonight. Come along and showcase your SNR skills. Apologies for posting, no one goes in the events forum.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Do snr and rsa share the same caliber?

They did originally deal the same damage, which implies they do.

Obviously one is an unwieldy, but accurate long-range sidearm, while the other is a quickly drawn, inaccurate CQC shooter and that's what sets them apart.

Buffing the SNR to 350 damage would make it a more viable choice again. Combined with the attempt to make shotguns more reliable, while dealing less damage, the original reason for lowering its damage (iirc, shotgun -> SNR quickswitch) would be less of an issue, too.

15 hours ago, Archon said:

Is that wall at a 10m distance? Because that's what the crosshairs represent: The weapon's accuracy at 10m.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Archon said:

So that's why I cant hit them, I was aiming to them, my mistake.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

They did originally deal the same damage, which implies they do.

Obviously one is an unwieldy, but accurate long-range sidearm, while the other is a quickly drawn, inaccurate CQC shooter and that's what sets them apart.

Buffing the SNR to 350 damage would make it a more viable choice again. Combined with the attempt to make shotguns more reliable, while dealing less damage, the original reason for lowering its damage (iirc, shotgun -> SNR quickswitch) would be less of an issue, too.

I am asking because i dont remember well. i think snr is a bit smaller than rsa and i am not talking about the barrel.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:01 PM, TheKeanuReeves said:

gold plate doesnt tho, only the normal act

• Thanks 1

just give the snr .1s rof, to match its equip time

perfectly balanced

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

perfectly balanced

I'd scrollwheel the duck out of that.

13 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

perfectly balanced

I'd love to have a revolver that can "Fan the hammer" from hip, and slow, accurate in marksman.

2 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

I'd love to have a revolver that can "Fan the hammer" from hip, and slow, accurate in marksman.

same

that’s what the harbinger is supposed to be, but in practice it doesn’t work at all

12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

same

that’s what the harbinger is supposed to be, but in practice it doesn’t work at all

Yeah, It sucks and it also sucks that you have to buy a big pack for 1 weapon.

Sign in to follow this