Sign in to follow this  
KyoukiDotExe

When Little Orbit did take over, what exaclty did they get?

Beside the base game code, license, and perhaps staff.

Did they also get the previous in service servers?

If so, long time ago G1 disabled or removed the 100 player limit and set it to 80 per district, 40 crims 40 enf's. If the servers are run on better servers or different, would it be possible to up this number? Doesn't have to be specifically 100 total, could be more. This helps in getting more matches for all the players in the district.

@Little Orbit, Are there any plans towards this idea yet?

Thanks for doing a great job about communication so far, and looking forward to how the future rolls out for APB: Reloaded.

i miss having a wider range of players in district it made it feel more like a real city than emptier when its 40 and 40\

hopefully after they fix the spaghetti coding they consider something like this

or even better if they can make it into one big flowing city like many games re now a days

i'm still teleporting every 5seconds tho...
If they can fix the game then 50 50 should be something again

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

i miss having a wider range of players in district it made it feel more like a real city than emptier when its 40 and 40\

hopefully after they fix the spaghetti coding they consider something like this

or even better if they can make it into one big flowing city like many games re now a days

Whilst I miss this, the game also has zero lag now other than those actual occasional problems whereas before it was a regularity. So if you consider it, we're doing really well now. We can only go up from here unless the engine upgrade tanks us.

Servers feel like they were downgraded to handle the bare min that we had playing before the LO changeover and now those old 386s cant handle the load anymore. Honestly for most the weekend it didn't feel worth playing with the amount of server lag going on.

Edited by SelttikS

Gamersfirst made spaghetti out of code so Littleorbit needs a bit of time to untangle it. Give them chance. I give them year for even small serious improvement (if that would be more than what G1 did over past 3 years)

Little Orbit did not merge or buy APB, they took over G1. What ensues is all of G1's intellectual properties are now under LO's control. Give Little Orbit time to fix the issues G1 caused. Let them pave the road before they start building on top of it. A unstable infrastructure is a disaster awaiting to happen.

Nice thread, very good question.

My hope is that if they are investing in BattleEye and many other things they are willing to improve, hopefully they also do something about server hardware and providers.

I think Matt said something about his intentions of study if it is possible to do something to have the ability to play across servers instead of having the EU and the US communities split, with exception of Nekrova since they have different items available there, but if so, then I think this means connectivity and server hardware should also change in these regards.

In the meanwhile, wouldn't hurt if they start to try stuff and mess with the servers settings to see what happens, as long as they are there in case everything goes wrong in order to roll back any changes asap.

Why stop at 50 vs 50? 🤔 

Imagine something like a 100 vs 100 district... hot diggity.

1 hour ago, Grizmo said:

Why stop at 50 vs 50? 🤔 

Imagine something like a 100 vs 100 district... hot diggity.

There'd be overlap like crazy, could you imagine every area of the map having several missions going at once, and the chaos on the roads... Not sure if it's a bad idea or a great idea, or an idea so bad it's great!

17 minutes ago, Archon said:

There'd be overlap like crazy, could you imagine every area of the map having several missions going at once, and the chaos on the roads... Not sure if it's a bad idea or a great idea, or an idea so bad it's great!

Not to mention the performance issues. Remember, you would need to load in every other character's live decals and customizations for their cars and characters... It was mentioned a while back that it already takes a great toll on performance, which was why we only got 40/40. We CAN look towards it when performance issues are sorted, but going further than 100 would be stopped by these 2 things - Performance, Overall chaos filling.

If they really did get everything I have some interesting questions for them...

For example what happend to that second "vehicle" that never got released after the growl came out.

Quote for good measure.

"Therefore, in the next few weeks we will be unveiling the first of two new auto manufactures and their vehicles"

from blog post LINK

3 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

If they really did get everything I have some interesting questions for them...

For example what happend to that second "vehicle" that never got released after the growl came out.

Quote for good measure.

"Therefore, in the next few weeks we will be unveiling the first of two new auto manufactures and their vehicles"

from blog post LINK

id like the second car as well but only if they change both auto manufacturers to something that already exists ingame and is lore friendly

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

Sign in to follow this