Jump to content
R3ACT3M

Can we expect any patches for APB 1.2?

Recommended Posts

Not a weapon balance thread, as I now believe in the philosophy: "APB players will always find something to complain about".

I just want to know if there's gonna be any patches at all regarding anything, or if it's time to hunker down until the new engine arrives soon™

(Probably hunker down time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that the only patches that are expected would be if:

  • Need to enable/disable an event
  • Something game breaking has been detected and fixed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think no...

 

Still hoping for: "Till 2.1 arrives we open districts for 100 players again and remove Segregation"

 

🙈 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

(Probably hunker down time)

u know it but u still..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

u know it but u still..

prob·a·bly: 

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

So as far as I know and can tell we'll probably hunker down, but somebody else could say otherwise. Imagine if we all thought no more patches then a GM pops up and says something is in the works.

This is why I used the word "probably". Because if I knew I would of said "It's for sure time to hunker down"

10 hours ago, HighSociety said:

I think no...

 

Still hoping for: "Till 2.1 arrives we open districts for 100 players again and remove Segregation"

LO should experiment with just matchmaking both factions against each other. No, it's not lore friendly or immersive. But it would be an interesting experiment to have crims and enfs against crims and enfs just to see what matchmaking would be like with a larger pool of players to select.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wouldn't surprise me if there was another minor weapon balance patch or two, probably bundled into recycled event patches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, xiphos said:

wouldn't surprise me if there was another minor weapon balance patch or two, probably bundled into recycled event patches

I fear that LO is going to nerf more weapons, I hope to god not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I fear that LO is going to nerf more weapons, I hope to god not.

eh

 

if they stick to the pattern we'll get some good changes, some bad changes, one or two changes that make absolutely no sense, and then half of them will get reverted a month or two later anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

LO should experiment with just matchmaking both factions against each other. No, it's not lore friendly or immersive. But it would be an interesting experiment to have crims and enfs against crims and enfs just to see what matchmaking would be like with a larger pool of players to select.

we suggest this for years now the result is obvious..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 6:34 PM, R3ACT3M said:

 

LO should experiment with just matchmaking both factions against each other. No, it's not lore friendly or immersive. But it would be an interesting experiment to have crims and enfs against crims and enfs just to see what matchmaking would be like with a larger pool of players to select.


I agree with this. The game is in a dying state, it needs more people in the matchmaking, and more diverse matchmaking and, ultimately, a faster matchmaking.

By adding the option to MM against your own faction, we would be "doubling" the "quantity" of players per server without having to add more players to said server.

it would be easier to matchmake new players with new players and veterans x veterans, thus increasing the chance of player retentio,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 6:34 PM, R3ACT3M said:

LO should experiment with just matchmaking both factions against each other. No, it's not lore friendly or immersive. But it would be an interesting experiment to have crims and enfs against crims and enfs just to see what matchmaking would be like with a larger pool of players to select.

this would be so cool tbh, reminds me of when swtor did it for pvp so you could have republic and empire in the same team. yeah it completely shits on lore but it helped a lot when the game was super low on pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, we voted years ago with old G1 to get no patches and they focus on the upgrade. LO has given us a handful of patches, mostly weapon rebalances, and joker store reworks. But it's kinda nice regardless. I don't think we'll get any major patches until EU. As almost every system added now, must then be recoded/transfered over as well. It saves resources and time to focus on EU and upgrade after.

2 hours ago, Thiagao145 said:


I agree with this. The game is in a dying state, it needs more people in the matchmaking, and more diverse matchmaking and, ultimately, a faster matchmaking.

By adding the option to MM against your own faction, we would be "doubling" the "quantity" of players per server without having to add more players to said server.

it would be easier to matchmake new players with new players and veterans x veterans, thus increasing the chance of player retentio,.

I would love to see some Praetorian vs Prentiss hate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, gogol said:

yeah it completely shits on lore

it really doesn't tbh, since both factions are broken up into multiple groups and no organization is really portrayed as good

 

just throw in some flavor text about gang turf conflict or jurisdiction miscommunication and voila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets be honest. EU wont save this game. This game is dead, and will remain so until the community has been dealt with(wich will be never).

EU will drop, pop will increase to maybe 2~2.5k and will drop afterward to what has ever been because new players will see how trashy and dumb the vast majority of the player base is.

I am a new player, started playing 1 week ago ~ and, oh boy, i've seen bad communities, but this game takes the crown, especially in silver districts. Jesus christ. 
I've seen a handfull of nice and lovely players, but on the other hand, the 99% has been toxic people trying to farm you and dont giving a fuck if you are new or not while calling me nwords and being transphobic(last week there was a transphobic duo doing hate speech, openly, on the district server.)

 

So, as a new player, giving his perspective, guys, stop hyping EU and just enjoy(if its even possible) this game until it finally shut down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Thiagao145 said:

(last week there was a transphobic duo doing hate speech, openly, on the district server.)

I hope you reported them, none of that is allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I hope you reported them, none of that is allowed.

the amount of "not allowed" i see is so high i think reporting them is equal to throwing cat shit at a wall and seeing if it sticks. use /ignore if your paper skin gets hurt by people being toxic or better yet keep a tab with district off so you don't have to see anyone talk. because almost everyone here has nothing good and/or useful to say anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

the amount of "not allowed" i see is so high i think reporting them is equal to throwing cat shit at a wall and seeing if it sticks. use /ignore if your paper skin gets hurt by people being toxic or better yet keep a tab with district off so you don't have to see anyone talk. because almost everyone here has nothing good and/or useful to say anyway

My main tab is all chat hidden. 

APB is much more peaceful that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

My main tab is all chat hidden. 

APB is much more peaceful that way. 

i keep whispers off too. if i want to talk to someone in a whisper i got a chat for that. most of them are "git gud" "git shit on" and "stop tbagging me fucker"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say the most player are friendly and want play the game when they are in san paro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eviltara said:

I must say the most player are friendly and want play the game when they are in san paro. 

Most of the players play this game silently, never saying anything in chat. However it doesn't mean they are enjoying the game 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 8:56 AM, R3ACT3M said:

Not a weapon balance thread, as I now believe in the philosophy: "APB players will always find something to complain about".

They wouldn't complain if there wasn't anything to complain about.
Without playing the game and seeing the weapon changes, you can already see that a lot of them do not make any sense.
Add an SPCT team to that with maybe 2 members that actually play the game actively to decide the changes.. It's stupid.

Get a team that actually plays the game, that knows the meta, knows what is strong and weak.. 
But that isn't anywhere near possible as most people in this game speak from their own ego's and only want to see their favourite weapon being buffed.

The game is divided in 3 groups, the tryhard Andies that are being straight-up toxic most of the time, Russians and anything below high golds aka the group that plays what they want just because they do not give a single F about anything.

Unless the population grows in this god forsaken game, there shouldn't be any weapon "balances" or changes at all. All LO has to be focussed on is this ugly engine upgrade and make sure it's not going to be the flop that people are expecting it to be after all the failed Beta tests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cuve said:

They wouldn't complain if there wasn't anything to complain about.
Without playing the game and seeing the weapon changes, you can already see that a lot of them do not make any sense.
Add an SPCT team to that with maybe 2 members that actually play the game actively to decide the changes.. It's stupid.

Get a team that actually plays the game, that knows the meta, knows what is strong and weak.. 
But that isn't anywhere near possible as most people in this game speak from their own ego's and only want to see their favourite weapon being buffed.

The game is divided in 3 groups, the tryhard Andies that are being straight-up toxic most of the time, Russians and anything below high golds aka the group that plays what they want just because they do not give a single F about anything.

Unless the population grows in this god forsaken game, there shouldn't be any weapon "balances" or changes at all. All LO has to be focussed on is this ugly engine upgrade and make sure it's not going to be the flop that people are expecting it to be after all the failed Beta tests.

In other words : game is doomed and probably dead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...