Katryoshka

The RTX Crashing has Begun!!! Help me Gamers! D:

Any and all suggestions and ideas are appreciated ❤️  

{ i9 9900K 4.7ghz on all 8 cores with 16mb cache, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 , 32GB DDR4 (2933), with an SSD. }

Since the crashing is so inconsistent I'd advise to simply keep lowering the games graphics until the crashes stop happening. You can even try to mess with the advanced launcher options and see if theres a way to stop making the game crash without sacrificing quality of things you care about such as Characters, Cars etc.

There are fundamental changes in RTX cards that APB was never meant to handle. The 64-bit approach Nvidia has taken with the architecture in these cards means that APB, being a 32-bit only game, will eventually crash when it tries to communicate with the GPU's memory.

Ketog summarized everything we know about this :

Since LO never gave an official statement on these crashes, here's a complete explanation of what is the issue:

There is currently a big crash issue with the game that occurs on ALL Nvidia Turing cards that includes all cards from the GTX 16xx Series, and the RTX Series.

Here are the 3 common issues that all have been experienced users of those Graphics cards, note that those crashes tend to happen on respawn/ right after a respawn:

1: Game suddenly stops and gives you an Out of memory error.

You can mitigate this issue by playing the game in the "Low" or "Minimal" preset, but that doesn't work for everyone, you will still crash at some point.

2 :Game freezes when you respawn but you can still hear everything happening.

You can minimise / maximise the game to fix the issue, or do control + alt + del  and click back on the game to unfreeze it.

3: Game completely stops working on respawn and you get "APB Is not responding" OR The crash reporter pops up and shows you "Device lost" / "Result failed" in the log

You can mitigate this issue by playing the game in the "Low" or "Minimal" preset, but that doesn't work for everyone, you will still crash at some point.

All those issues are common to all Nvidia Turing cards, and are caused by their new driver architecture being based around 64 bit instructions.

There is no way to fix these issues other than upgrading the game engine to natively support 64 bit instructions. (That bug is already fixed in the engine upgrade)

Whatever kind of "FIX" you find will most of the time work only for you and no one else.

A quick note that i can give, is that older drivers might be able to completely fix all those problems, i sadly do not know which which driver version.

The occurrence of this bug varies heavily between users, some never had the issues while some crash 70% of the time on respawn, it is absolutely random and pretty much impossible to track down due to pc setups always being slightly different.

The only real fix that is known to work for everyone is... well, the engine upgrade, pretty much we can't do anything other than wait.

send it to me, i'll handle it.

• Haha 1

I bought an RTX card knowing the issues they have with APB and have had for years.

HELP ME GAMERS I ALREADY KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT I NEED ANOTHER REASON TO MAKE A WHINY THREAD

• Like 4
  • Dislike 3

Don't be like me and pretend that the crashing is so infrequent you can play around it,

I'd recommend getting the APB Advanced Launcher and just lowering the settings that way - I haven't had a crash so far. It is very annoying to not be able to play at the highest settings, but unfortunately until the new engine is released, there will not be much we can do.

Just boot up your old PC.

Bam, fixed.

• Dislike 2

12 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I bought an RTX card knowing the issues they have with APB and have had for years.

HELP ME GAMERS I ALREADY KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT I NEED ANOTHER REASON TO MAKE A WHINY THREAD

Honestly, what is the better place to ask how to play APB with RTX?...

I don't think that response was justifed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Catgorl said:

There are fundamental changes in RTX cards that APB was never meant to handle. The 64-bit approach Nvidia has taken with the architecture in these cards means that APB, being a 32-bit only game, will eventually crash when it tries to communicate with the GPU's memory.

Ketog summarized everything we know about this :

The game uses api to communicate, so I highly doubt it's nvidia's fault per se. And I can't even find any other games with this issue.

The whole "64-bit" theory is just lol. You have 64bit cpu and windows 7/10 64bit and you are able to run 32 bit software... LO better finally look into this and say something because. If you guys wait for the engine update  so this problem disappear, you are going to have a bad time - it's not coming any time soon.

Edited by Sayori
  • Dislike 2

20 hours ago, Katryoshka said:

Any and all suggestions and ideas are appreciated ❤️  

{ i9 9900K 4.7ghz on all 8 cores with 16mb cache, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 , 32GB DDR4 (2933), with an SSD. }

Welcome to the club friend

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mitne said:

Honestly, what is the better place to ask how to play APB with RTX?...

I don't think that response was justifed.

You forgot who made this thread.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit