postalgril

this is stupid and impossible

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You dont have to uninstall, you can just exit the game.

Why not? This is all the fucking game is now lmao.

Its fucking garbage and its why apb is dead.

1 hour ago, PitterPatter said:

Still think they should have wiped the game and made us all start over again. Lost the chance for a fresh competitive game. Oh well. 

lol what?

deleting someone's characters isn't going to magically remove their skill level nor would it magically create five thousand active players for matchmaking to use, a full wipe would change literally nothing - except make pretty much everyone quit i suppose, but "fixing" the game by killing it dead is just a meme solution

• Like 3

I was just online a while ago, twice and the game got boring really fast. You know its bad when they give you 7 days of free premium and the game is still extremely boring and tiresome. As for match making, that's not as bad compared to having 1 vs 1 matches which i never play. That's worse than anything.

Matt, just allow us to play the engine upgrade and try it out, might as well,  geez.

• Like 1

I normally don't throw my two cents in on these type of threads, simply because I don't care enough. Yet here I am.

The last 5 hours or so I have also been thrown against golds almost every match, While I do not care about losing or dying, I'm here to have fun. But loosing for 5 hours straight isn't fun (going 0-15 and 'winning' because you were carried and maybe get enough for ammo doesn't count as winning), I barely saw some of these people before I was killed, and when it's not fun, I and others stop playing, not playing I might go and put my money in something I find fun and right now that's not APB.

But "Git Good" "You won't get better if you don't fight better players"

Why? 

Do I have too?

Cant I play at my own "level" as I don't want to play super-duper 1000% hardcore serious, APB is my and many others not so serious game.

If I want to get hardcore and serious, I'm going to go do that in ARMA 3.

Here's the bit that gets me, we 'bad' players get laughed at, hounded for being trash and told to 'git gud' not only by the enemy but our own damn team. It's a really good reason to not want to play.

The more of us get stomped unfairly, because either we can't or don't want to play at that level, will leave, and the population gets smaller again, and our money goes to other games.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Werefox said:

I normally don't throw my two cents in on these type of threads, simply because I don't care enough. Yet here I am.

The last 5 hours or so I have also been thrown against golds almost every match, While I do not care about losing or dying, I'm here to have fun. But loosing for 5 hours straight isn't fun (going 0-15 and 'winning' because you were carried and maybe get enough for ammo doesn't count as winning), I barely saw some of these people before I was killed, and when it's not fun, I and others stop playing, not playing I might go and put my money in something I find fun and right now that's not APB.

But "Git Good" "You won't get better if you don't fight better players"

Why? 

Do I have too?

Cant I play at my own "level" as I don't want to play super-duper 1000% hardcore serious, APB is my and many others not so serious game.

If I want to get hardcore and serious, I'm going to go do that in ARMA 3.

Here's the bit that gets me, we 'bad' players get laughed at, hounded for being trash and told to 'git gud' not only by the enemy but our own damn team. It's a really good reason to not want to play.

The more of us get stomped unfairly, because either we can't or don't want to play at that level, will leave, and the population gets smaller again, and our money goes to other games.

You can turn off in game chat. 

You don't have to read that garbage. 

Also, the no segregation is only temporary. 

Sounds like the hope is that it will last only a few days. 

Edited by CookiePuss

op you didnt even die or help your team by looking at your score.... maybe you should stop dethreating and just play... what are you going to do when they hide player's threat and you cant tell whos gold or silver or bronze?

everything is fine. Almost equal statistics . 

just decided assisting

Edited by Tappey

If you're going up against players that have better aim than you, at least make yourself hard to kill. Im trash, but at least I'll be a pain in the patootie all game by staying alive and picking my battles. You're spawning and dying 1 by 1 and not trading off any frags. Wait for your teammates, attack from different angles, and use your nades. Basic principles across all shooters.

The best apb players of all time cannot land every shot on you if you have cover and lateral movement. Make them miss.

Edited by HowDoIPlayAPB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

lol what?

deleting someone's characters isn't going to magically remove their skill level nor would it magically create five thousand active players for matchmaking to use, a full wipe would change literally nothing - except make pretty much everyone quit i suppose, but "fixing" the game by killing it dead is just a meme solution

Yeah because Diablo 3 doesnt get a giant hike in players every season? It may go back down but its proof that people like to play something fresh. Same with the classic wow servers. It would also give them a chance to purge all these useless armas weapons G1 put in and optimize the game easier.

A fresh slate should have been done in the first place. Now it's too late and this game will never pick up until LO sells it to some Chinese company years from now. Then they will wipe it and not care about you weirdos that sit around and still play this game in it's broken state. 

27 minutes ago, PitterPatter said:

this game will never pick up until LO sells it to some Chinese company years from now. Then they will wipe it and not care about you weirdos that sit around and still play this game in it's broken state. 

You high, bro?

39 minutes ago, PitterPatter said:

Yeah because Diablo 3 doesnt get a giant hike in players every season? It may go back down but its proof that people like to play something fresh. Same with the classic wow servers. It would also give them a chance to purge all these useless armas weapons G1 put in and optimize the game easier.

A fresh slate should have been done in the first place. Now it's too late and this game will never pick up until LO sells it to some Chinese company years from now. Then they will wipe it and not care about you weirdos that sit around and still play this game in it's broken state. 

that comparison makes no sense

aside from diablo 3 being a successful game to begin with it’s also primarily a pve focused rpg afaik

while apb has some rpg aspects it’s still a pvp shooter, and your character’s level and equipment is almost irrelevant - sure it’s nice to have 3slot guns and r195 mods, but at the end of the day any decent player will unlock a pmg/ntec/hvr within 10 missions and never really need anything else 

there’s no “fresh slate” when aim skill and game experience are the primary differences in “power levels” for apb

Edited by Solamente

9 hours ago, postalgril said:

why you thought it was a good idea putting bronzes vs full teams of golds idk @MattScott but this is UNPLAYABLE

[[impossible.png

if you're going to force us newbies/lowbies/bronzes to share districts with these toxic animals at least fix matchmaking first???

working as intended.

I hope someday we will remember these awkward moments and just laugh on it. Cause everything will be fine. 🙂

But now, I will tolerate smh...

While people complain game is unfair/ matchmaking is unbalanced, i can just point out a few things. First of all losing in this game is fairy common, let's be honest you die alot in this game as how many times you die in any other shooting game, You blame that gold is so good the wreck you, but actually what if that gold player just learned how to use his weapon propely, while you maybe you don't even want to learn your weapon what is good about it or what is bad, i can also say , if you lose on districts just play asylium and learn there how to use your weapon ( it's mostly an brawl where is 20v20 ) so its quite good to learn how to use your weapon, especially since there are alot of narrow places, and small/long/medium range which helps alot, what i am saying in short : if you don't know how to play the game, and you want to learn how to use your weapon i suggest to do asylium than normal finnancial/waterfront districts.

20 hours ago, postalgril said:

its ok i'll just uninstall, not worth playing now. you want lower pop well its just been lowered by 1 🙂

impossible to play against full gold clans. 

toxic golds are gonna be the death of this game, idc anymore uninstalling

Good decision

21 hours ago, postalgril said:

its ok i'll just uninstall, not worth playing now. you want lower pop well its just been lowered by 1 🙂

impossible to play against full gold clans. 

toxic golds are gonna be the death of this game, idc anymore uninstalling

take a deep breath.  a silver did the best , then another silver then the gold on that team.

from what i have seen defense missions are usually like that if a team is not in sync with each other.

even then however that team did decent enough by kill count.

regardless of that match the networking cant be done in the blink of an eye.

programming takes time and bugs are bound to be discovered especially on APB since it was neglected by RTW and G1 before Little Orbit bought APB

the way districts now are only temporary while they finish up on the networking.

we waited a decade for this we can wait a little longer for it to be polished up to a finish.  be patient.

Should have screen shotted my mission where it was 3 Golds vs. Our team of 3 Silvers and 1 Gold.

The Gold on our team got 3 kills.

Everyone else got 0.

It was mostly close to midrange and I had a close range gun.

3 golds on their team had about 7 kills each. The level 147 Gold had 27 kills with Obir, short to midrange fight mind you.

So Legit I'm sure.

But, we haven't tried anything different for years. And now we have.

And it's a FAILURE. 

You can already see that the population overall is way down.

People very hungry to play after a week of nothing and more people with  time to play because of the holidays. 

But CLEARLY alot will try and say No Thank You.

I'll just try playing one of my lower level characters using inferior gun so when I do get a kill it will be twice as sweet.

Thank You Gold Tiger for not having a ego and getting it.

And just for being a decent human being. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Havana said:

level 147 Gold had 27 kills with Obir, short to midrange fight mind you.

So Legit I'm sure.

How much worse do I get when instead of playing on one of my 4 max rank characters (soon to be 5), I instead play on one of my random low rank characters?

oh i didnt realize it was supposed be only temporary i thought this was it. i'll reinstall when segregation comes back then.

yes we will still get opped with dethreaters under segregation, but, that really doesn't bother me. see the dethreaters play casual. i assume that's why they dethreat? because they want to play casual, i've only met a minority of them that are toxi, usually the clan types. they kick our patootie but it doesn't matter, we whisper each other they're always friendly, i've made friends with many opp just chatting in whisper and having a laugh in matches.

sure, they mostly win still but i actually don't care about wins/losses, i have just as much fun losing as i do winning bc the end result is irrelevant to me. what is important is how fun the match is. and the fact is playing against full gold clans is not fun. their playstyles are cancer, their tryhardness is cancer, their cheap tactics are cancer, their macros are cancer. the difference is bronze & silver district players are different cultures playing for different reasons.

bronze & silver don't even describe people's threat levels, they more accurately describe people's attitudes, personalities & reasons for playing.

bronze server: casual players playing for fun. they're all about enjoying matches, it's all about the lulz

silver server: competitive players playing to win at all costs. they're all about boring matches, it's all about the score brah

we need a district where it's about having fun and playing casual. segregation works everyone gets what they want. the competitive ones get their competitive matches against people their skill level and the casual players get other casual players who just want to have fun. i don't know why toxic golds are so against this and only want ONE player type playing. it's like they wont be happy until there's only a dozen people playing all from the same 3 competitive gold clans or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, postalgril said:

oh i didnt realize it was supposed be only temporary i thought this was it. i'll reinstall when segregation comes back then

we'll be here 😉

3 hours ago, postalgril said:

~snip~

Whilst there is some truth in your post, I wouldn't a priori come up with such conclusions, especially not with generalizations. One simply shouldn't banalize things like that - "bronze district: casual players playing for fun", "silver district: toxic competitive players playing for win". Saying "bronze & silver don't even describe people's threat levels, they more accurately describe people's attitudes, personalities & reasons for playing" is nonsense, because the difference between bronze and silver district is in players' skill ceiling only, in both districts, the majority plays the best they can, striving to win.

Of course, there are also players who care less about matches outcome, like me, yet more about spending some quality time gaming, however, that doesn't mean being competitive eliminates fun from the process of playing. One can be a good, competitive player, going for wins, getting them and having a blast while doing it. On the other hand, I know many people from silver districts who have an equally good time winning or losing as a win is just a sort of reward, a cherry on top.

As someone who's well familiar, or well used to be, with both threat districts, on both EU and NA servers, I can tell you the toxicity is an individual thing, you will inevitably come across a toxic person in both districts, but far less in silver districts, at least judging by the amount of "best wishes whispers" and the district chat (this is a personal experience, could be wrong). Either way, I am positive I encountered more 'NFAS-Kev3-perc' and similar type of people in bronze than in silver district.  

I agree, going 0/20 all the time kills all the fun and will to play, but also doesn't make your gold opponents toxic people who are just playing for the win and ego boost. You have chilled, casual, fun and friendly people in both districts, as much as you have repulsive pricks. 

Edited by Bambola

On 11/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, postalgril said:

if you're going to force us newbies

There are no newbies on your team in this screenshot. You do know newbies are new players? 3 players on your team are max rank and you are 220+. You should have at least 500 hours to get to that rank

The match actually didn't seem that unfair based on the scoreboard to be honest.

As of right now the matchmaking is turned off temporarily on all districts.

Hopefully we can get back "threat level" districts asap. Although I dont think this will fix the issue, but it will lower the chance of facing golds for people with Silvers/Bronze/Green threat level.