Sign in to follow this  
Franswa

Strife JT3 shotgun

is it a good shotgun that's worth buying i heard it's getting changed or something 

• Like 1

all shotguns will eventually be getting another balance pass last we were told

the strife is a decent shotgun but if you're looking to buy a permanent i'd go for the jg or csg

its the shotgun version of the hvr

one shot and you are out of the game.

its like 850 damage, which means you will either get a lot of assists or piss people off by stealing their kills

if you can connect both shots needed to kill, you will be annoying as fuck. But if you can't connect both shots, you will die a lot.

If your enemy is competent they will kill you more than you will kill them basically

it a lot more punishing if you miss shots with the strife than with a csg or other shotgun because of the slow fire rate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

all shotguns will eventually be getting another balance pass last we were told

the strife is a decent shotgun but if you're looking to buy a permanent i'd go for the jg or csg

I believe the strife will remain the only 2stk shotgun

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I believe the strife will remain the only 2stk shotgun

not after im done with the shotgun changes feedback thread :^)

I d LOVE to play strife so much. Its such a fun weapon to play with, and it sounds great... But JG and even CSG is better in the most practical ways.

Its range is very bad, and its TTK is too high to compete againts any other cqc weapon.

Not worth of your precious JT. U wont play this shotgun much.

There is a reason why nobody plays it.

strife is worth going RFP strife combo,
1 pistol shot quickswitch strife bam, strife alone does +85 but sometimes the pellets are confusing as hell doing +15 on a full shot

It used to pack quite a punch, but they unnecessarily nerfed it. As of now, it certainly isn't a good shotgun.

Wasn't really a good choice before the nerf either, it shoots incredibly slow. Getting two shots into your target is hard enough and if you manage to get out a third shot it's a miracle you're still alive.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

It used to pack quite a punch, but they unnecessarily nerfed it. As of now, it certainly isn't a good shotgun.

Wasn't really a good choice before the nerf either, it shoots incredibly slow. Getting two shots into your target is hard enough and if you manage to get out a third shot it's a miracle you're still alive.

isn't it just 14 less damage?

If you have a teammate also running pointman, you can make a pretty potent 2 man team if you run the Strife.

At least, thats how Ive always viewed it, as a fun weapon that only really shines as sort of a cqc support weapon.

It also has the best range for a pump shotgun, you can literally 2 shot someone at like 15-20m with it. If your hit is on point that is. I believe the damage it does currently is 93.

5 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I d LOVE to play strife so much. Its such a fun weapon to play with, and it sounds great... But JG and even CSG is better in the most practical ways.

Its range is very bad, and its TTK is too high to compete againts any other cqc weapon.

Not worth of your precious JT. U wont play this shotgun much.

There is a reason why nobody plays it.

i play it over any other shotgun honestly except for the shredder (when i want range shotgun). People will play what they are comfortable with. I've done really well with the strife against competent players, but it normally depends on map and mission.

8 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

isn't it just 14 less damage?

it also has the garbage new pellet mechanics afaik

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crusade said:

Strife is a slow TTK until you equip a snub nose and don't miss.

its still a slow ttk at that point since the strife has a bolt timer

if you're going snub first you might as well use pretty much any other secondary

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

Dammit they thought of everything.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, Alani said:

yeah and you know what people do with the hvr right? they tag you and hit you with a perc instantly in cqc.... now imagine a mobile qcq HVR and percs... yeah it really is broken. try it

On 9/25/2019 at 1:46 AM, crusade said:

Strife is a slow TTK until you equip a snub nose and don't miss.

why use strife when you can do this even better with a modded JG? to look cool?

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 3:13 AM, Alani said:

That is the perfect way to describe it. Except with the HVR you've got a nice 99m gap between you and your opponent in CQC that gap ain't so nice so waiting for that bolt-action to decide when its ready is basically asking to be put on your knees.

On 9/25/2019 at 3:48 PM, Solamente said:

Speaking my language, man.

On 9/25/2019 at 3:06 PM, Solamente said:

it also has the garbage new pellet mechanics afaik

I swear sometimes I shoot through enemies instead of into them or there is a slight delay in between me firing and the pellet leaving the gun. Or maybe I'm just lagging my balls off because other people say the hit reg on the Strife is really good.

All in all I regret buying the JT Strife - 2/10 because that's how many shoots I can connect in a day.

50 minutes ago, OfficerKovacs said:

I swear sometimes I shoot through enemies instead of into them or there is a slight delay in between me firing and the pellet leaving the gun. Or maybe I'm just lagging my balls off because other people say the hit reg on the Strife is really good.

Honestly i think this is a mix of multiple issues.  The pellet change didn't do much of anything but there's been a pre-existing issue where the hit boxes aren't exactly where they should be.  Also a thing where you think you should've hit but in reality you straight missed.  Had to learn that one out by doing a frame by frame of some recordings.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 1:42 AM, SkittyM said:

Honestly i think this is a mix of multiple issues.  The pellet change didn't do much of anything but there's been a pre-existing issue where the hit boxes aren't exactly where they should be.  Also a thing where you think you should've hit but in reality you straight missed.  Had to learn that one out by doing a frame by frame of some recordings.

While it applies with every shotgun, its especially aggravating with the strife to fire and see every shot land behind the enemy in a circle. xD

• Like 1

it's finisher shotgun 1 perc 1 shot or 1 shot secondary 1 shot shotgun

On 9/29/2019 at 3:42 PM, SkittyM said:

Thanks so much for the insight! I don't have the patience or technology to do that CSI on my fight scenes so will take your word for it. But it does make sense - maybe the JG's slightly faster RoF means that a miss isn't as devastating or as noticeable as it is in the Strife where a miss basically means death. 

15 hours ago, OfficerKovacs said:

Thanks so much for the insight! I don't have the patience or technology to do that CSI on my fight scenes so will take your word for it. But it does make sense - maybe the JG's slightly faster RoF means that a miss isn't as devastating or as noticeable as it is in the Strife where a miss basically means death. 

All you really need is shadow play and you can use blender to scrub through the footage.  Simple and free.

But yeah, the biggest issues with APB is the fact that hitboxes often lag behind players.  Usually why you die just after you get to cover.  Shots can also seem to lag behind resulting in you getting kills mid reload.  Its a very weird game.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this