Jump to content
VladimirChekhov

Why are you nerfing the NTEC?

Recommended Posts

They like to unnecessarily change things. Just look at the shotguns changes¬†ūüôā

Edited by Benguin
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VladimirChekhov said:

The Ntec is quite possibly one of the best balanced guns in the game right now.

lol what the fuck?  It doesn't take much practice at all to get really good at the ntec.  You just have to time your shots properly.  The main problem with it is that its good in every situation.  The gun is simply too versatile.  It's very good at long range with properly timed shots and also a very good gun for spraying in close range.  Possibly one of the easiest guns to use right next to the ATAC.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

What weapons do people even play with, and in what range that they cant counter ntec? If ntec kills you while u r holding an smg in its comfortable range, well Iam sorry, but u are simply bad or u just messed up. There is nothing more into it. Ntec is not OP, and does not need any change.

BUT

there is sooo many off-meta underpowered weapons that would use some buffs or seriouse tweaks, becouse they are mostly outclassed or they are straight up useless - and you could do this instead of nerfing the most ballaced, and skill based weapon of whole game.

CSG

M-1922

Joker SR15

AR-97

Agrotech ACES SMG

CAP40 need 3 open slots

EOL

FFA Bullshark

H-9 Curse

ISSR Artemis

NCR-762 'Anubis'

Norseman series

S1-FA

S1-TIC

SBSR rifle/sniper

SG-21 Strife

SWARM

COBR-A

 

SEE! THERE IS SO MANY WEAPONS THAT NEED BUFF OR TWEAK THERE IS NO WONDER YOU THINK THAT ALL BASIC WEAPONS SUCH AS NTEC ARE OP!!!!

FIX THIS WEAPONS FIRST!

 

 

100% agree with this.

 

we must remember that people pay actual money to buy weapons. Weapons should not be nerfed, instead fix the broken weapons to counter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a lot of buthurt people here about their precious ntec...if u dont like the changes start using other guns
Besides range nerf and that jumpshooting was really needed tbh

 

NTEC user here...

Edited by Keshi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Weapons should not be nerfed, instead fix the broken weapons to counter

Agreed. N-TEC 5 is more fun to play, so people use it.
Instead of making the gun LESS fun, maybe make some of the other guns MORE fun.

I could be wrong of course, I dunno if "fun" is the end game for APB.

 

 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Agreed. N-TEC 5 is more fun to play, so people use it.
Instead of making the gun LESS fun, maybe make some of the other guns MORE fun.

I could be wrong of course, I dunno if "fun" is the end game for APB.

 

 

EXACTLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LChristy said:

stop nerf n-tec and go nerf that stupid volcano

Explosive weapons are easy to counter... if you have access to Flak.  If Flaks rank requirement was lowered to 85 (like most mods) you could neuter explosive users easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sooner the better! Its soooo booring! EVERYONE and their brother uses and abuses this thing. Might NOT be so bad if ALL U vaginas didnt cry soo hard for IR3.

AND U did. You cried and cried. Soo much soo LO had to give u a pacifier.

 

Maybe just make the Ntec be EXACTLY like the Star,

That would do it','

The Star is good, 

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Agreed. N-TEC 5 is more fun to play, so people use it.
Instead of making the gun LESS fun, maybe make some of the other guns MORE fun.

I could be wrong of course, I dunno if "fun" is the end game for APB.

 

 

 

N-TEC is so easy I really don't see where it's any fun for more than a couple missions. Just slaughtering people on all ranges gets boring fast.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 7:25 AM, FarQ1R3AP3R said:

the ntec is a good base line gun for almost anyone

That's probably because it performs really well and isn't very difficult to use.

Unfortunately most proponents of the N-Tec use this argument to also say all other guns should be balanced around the N-Tec. Which would be necessary if you don't adjust it. But as @GhosT correctly laid out this would quite certainly lead to mostly samey gunplay.

The N-Tec can still do everything from killing as fast as SMGs to reaching as far as designated rifles.

 

 

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Agreed. N-TEC 5 is more fun to play, so people use it.

Well it easily wins fights. Of course that's more fun than losing to an N-Tec user. Naturally people will try anything that beats them. And once they use the N-Tec those situations become less common.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Revoluzzer said:

That's probably because it performs really well and isn't very difficult to use.

Unfortunately most proponents of the N-Tec use this argument to also say all other guns should be balanced around the N-Tec. Which would be necessary if you don't adjust it. But as @GhosT correctly laid out this would quite certainly lead to mostly samey gunplay.

The N-Tec can still do everything from killing as fast as SMGs to reaching as far as designated rifles.

 

 

Well it easily wins fights. Of course that's more fun than losing to an N-Tec user. Naturally people will try anything that beats them. And once they use the N-Tec those situations become less common.

N-tec often is just downright better than most other mid-range guns in a lot of situations. You shouldn't have to buff 6+ weapons (which would be a statistical nightmare to get right) when you can nerf a single one and do minor changes to the developing meta.

 

On 9/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, BrandonBranderson said:

lol what the fuck?  It doesn't take much practice at all to get really good at the ntec.  You just have to time your shots properly.  The main problem with it is that its good in every situation.  The gun is simply too versatile.  It's very good at long range with properly timed shots and also a very good gun for spraying in close range.  Possibly one of the easiest guns to use right next to the ATAC.

did you mean nfas?

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'd say I'm a main Joker Carbine user but a total a fan of my Joker CR 5 and N-Tec 7 Ursus which I consider too op, so I totally agree with any sort of nerf they could apply to these guns, but I also agree that is not a priority when we have a gun like the OSCAR landing every single shot with almost no recoil at +60m and that needs to get fixed urgently.

 

 Regarding N-Tecs, I can beat any Obeya/Obir and even snipers with it most of the times which makes me say 'wtf' every time as same as I say 'wtf' when I get wounded so heavily from 90m by N-Tec users as well. I also found so op how I beat SMGs and other cqc weapons with it in many occasions. And yes, I measure these distances in many ways so I'm being very accurate with the mentioned ranges.

Edited by Salvick
Paragraphs.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 9:56 AM, GhosT said:

Honestly its a very easy gun to master and becomes very rewarding at almost any range, that's why. It's the most used weapon for a reason.

 

Also, balancing every gun around the current N-TEC would result in way faster gameplay which APB was never intended to be, and it'd ultimately force less unique gameplay as every gun more or less plays the same then.

 

Look at Battlefield 4 where they tried to buff a bunch of guns instead of nerfing one, it now has a thousand ARs which combined offer pretty much just 3 different rifles with a different model and sound.

 

 

 

Oh and why did this need a new topic?

DING DING DING.


Someone gets it.

 

A lot of crying from people afraid to lose their any-range crutch.

Edited by MrChan
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

simple answer:

there's no reason to use any other AR over the ntec b/c it is literally the most broken gun in this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because they listen to bad players and cater to them for some reason, which is why we also have incredbily overpowered shotguns right now (as if they weren't overpowered enough originally). It doesn't have anything to do with the New Glory. The N-TEC is balanced just fine but since it's quite good when a good player masters it and utilizes it against a noob, it suddenly becomes "overpowered". We've seen this before in APB. I wish we could see a skill based APB in the future, not further casualising it from how bad it already is.

 

It's kinda hard to get the truth about the N-TEC across without hurting someone's feelings in the process on the forums, but the truth is the truth. Nerfing every weapon that you can't face won't solve the skill gap issue for you. Neither does being able to tap fire silvers away on your own with the N-TEC mean that that's all there is to the weapon. A competitive game isn't supposed to cater to the casual players, but to the high/top tier players and lower skilled players need to strive to become better, that's the whole point. Like I said before, if you are dying to an N-TEC in close quarters while using an OCA, over and over then that's your fault and yours alone. That's just one example but examples are infinite in this regard.

 

Edit: It is amusing to see short-sighted people on these forums who don't realise that even if the N-TEC gets nerfed, high skill players will pick up the next weapon on the line and they will demolish about as much as they did prior to the N-TEC nerf ūüėõ

Edited by Flaws
Added Edit
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 9:16 PM, illgot said:

Explosive weapons are easy to counte

i do not have flak and i counter.

the firing patterns , range , and explosive patterns are a good thing to learn

so is how to dodge them by the methods for each weapon.

but the most important thing is how to recognize when to shoot them before they shoot you ( the firing pattern )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Flaws said:

Because they listen to bad players and cater to them for some reason, which is why we also have incredbily overpowered shotguns right now (as if they weren't overpowered enough originally). It doesn't have anything to do with the New Glory. The N-TEC is balanced just fine but since it's quite good when a good player masters it and utilizes it against a noob, it suddenly becomes "overpowered". We've seen this before in APB. I wish we could see a skill based APB in the future, not further casualising it from how bad it already is.

 

It's kinda hard to get the truth about the N-TEC across without hurting someone's feelings in the process on the forums, but the truth is the truth. Nerfing every weapon that you can't face won't solve the skill gap issue for you. Neither does being able to tap fire silvers away on your own with the N-TEC mean that that's all there is to the weapon. A competitive game isn't supposed to cater to the casual players, but to the high/top tier players and lower skilled players need to strive to become better, that's the whole point. Like I said before, if you are dying to an N-TEC in close quarters while using an OCA, over and over then that's your fault and yours alone. That's just one example but examples are infinite in this regard.

 

Edit: It is amusing to see short-sighted people on these forums who don't realise that even if the N-TEC gets nerfed, high skill players will pick up the next weapon on the line and they will demolish about as much as they did prior to the N-TEC nerf ūüėõ

 

Why is it that all your counter arguments are basically "lol ur bad git gud" and low key insults?

Can't you defend your precious N-TEC wtih actual facts or what? I love it when people have no real arguments to defend their crutch.

 

Yes, players will either stick to the slightly nerfed N-TEC or move on to FAR, NSSW, Obeya or whatnot, but all of the other options are at least a lot more balanced.

 

Also, stop trying to make "lol pick an oca to beat ntec" an argument, the OCA can't do anything against an N-TEC outside of its comfort zone, while the N-TEC continues to shred.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 3:51 PM, LChristy said:

stop nerf n-tec and go nerf that stupid volcano

https://imgur.com/wUaxris

 

Edited by Spy
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I compare:

 

Enemy: with Ntec + Clotting Agent

 

Me: with ISSR-A + Kevlar 3

 

The enemy can defeat me on higher range and in close combat, that makes no sense.

 

 

Kevlar have to less HP Bonus and the ISSR-A deal to less damage. The Range of the ISSR-A is to less (on the stats, the ISSR-A have +50% Range compared to the Ntec, but Ntec do more effective damage on higher range).

  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

I compare:

 

Enemy: with Ntec + Clotting Agent

 

Me: with ISSR-A + Kevlar 3

 

The enemy can defeat me on higher range and in close combat, that makes no sense.

 

 

Kevlar have to less HP Bonus and the ISSR-A deal to less damage. The Range of the ISSR-A is to less (on the stats, the ISSR-A have +50% Range compared to the Ntec, but Ntec do more effective damage on higher range).

the issra has a 50m range, just like the ntec

 

you may be thinking of the issrb, which has a 90m range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

I compare:

 

Enemy: with Ntec + Clotting Agent

 

Me: with ISSR-A + Kevlar 3

 

The enemy can defeat me on higher range and in close combat, that makes no sense.

 

 

Kevlar have to less HP Bonus and the ISSR-A deal to less damage. The Range of the ISSR-A is to less (on the stats, the ISSR-A have +50% Range compared to the Ntec, but Ntec do more effective damage on higher range).

 

Classic Todesklinge stuff.

 

Enemy: Best loadout

You: Worst loadout

 

And then you expect to win.. seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó
×
  • Create New...