Sign in to follow this  
Triksterism

Guilty by association?

Hoping someone from Little Orbit can answer this: Are we going to see stricter bans for people that repeatedly group up with cheaters?

To clarify: I feel that people who are grouped, as in manually teaming up with a cheater or cheaters, should be temp banned for a 1st offense, a longer temp ban for their 2nd offense and a permanent account ban for their 3rd offense. I also don't think this should be something that happens to someone immediately. Instead I would hope this only happens after a few initial repeat offenses -> "Hmm, this person has manually grouped with x people over time who have been banned for cheating" vs "Hey this guy may not have known his friend was cheating *BANHAMMER*"

inb4 "You point the finger at me again"

Edited by Triksterism
Clarification
  • Like 7

i would also like to see stricter bans for people who associate with the apb furry community

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i would also like to see stricter bans for people who associate with the apb furry community

Plis don't ban 2842145feec908b57783ddc69e3fc638.png

• Like 3

If you're openly grouping with someone who's blatantly cheating you should def get a temp ban and then a real ban if you keep doing it.

Same for the super small "clans" of 5-6 people who constantly have someone getting banned in them.

Edit: uh oh, someone doesn't want to get punished for getting carried by bots. Lol

Edited by TheAceNinja

24 minutes ago, Frosi said:

ur ded furry kid

oh wait. fuck.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Frosi said:

3 minutes ago, Kiida said:

ur ded furry kid

oh wait. fuck.

rip you 2

As much as it sucks when people are grouped with hackers. I think this stigma is a slippery slope and just leads to even more "Witch Hunting", How can you be 100% sure that these people are even aware of the person cheating. Even if the person is guaranteed to be knowingly doing this IMO a straight up ban seems unjust, its like the death penalty for someone for using drugs instead of committing mass murder. As stated perhaps a temp-ban system would work here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tamashiii said:

As much as it sucks when people are grouped with hackers. I think this stigma is a slippery slope and just leads to even more "Witch Hunting", How can you be 100% sure that these people are even aware of the person cheating. Even if the person is guaranteed to be knowingly doing this IMO a straight up ban seems unjust, its like the death penalty for someone for using drugs instead of committing mass murder. As stated perhaps a temp-ban system would work here.

Key word here is repeatedly. If someone is constantly grouped up with someone who keeps getting a ban, the other person is fully aware as to why. 

Unless the persons themselves are also cheating, then no.

Leave the bans for people who are actually cheating, not those who you think may be "aiding and abetting".

• Like 1

yayayayayay furries ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Unless those people are being toxic while themselves actively grouping with cheaters, I don't see any reason to start wasting manhours finding evidence of their grouping behaviour.

I reserve right to change my opinion if the cheating situation doesn't get noticeably better after battleye.

31 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

yayayayayay furries ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

giphy.gif

disgusting

3 minutes ago, Kiida said:

disgusting

Oh it gets much better qt~

RnTN.gif

id like to take this opportunity to apologize to triksterism for accidentally summoning the fur brigade into his thread

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

Oh it gets much better qt~

RnTN.gif

🤮

There are a few people that come to mind, but I've never been one to call anyone out, because you really can never know who is, and isn't breaking TOS. But I'm sure we all have our own suspicions. I'm sure some type of punishment could be given out to players who continue to group with reroll cheaters could be created, but it would be hard to enforce, and as lame as it is, I cant see it justifying a permanent ban. 

TLDR, yeah it would be nice, but its prolly not gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, Kiida said:

aw dont be like that bby lets do missions check out my new pio~ ❤️

giphy.gif

I hope so. I also feel like that's where a fair amount of those "untraceable" bans went. Where people cheated on an alt account to carry groups and then were so surprised their main account came under the microscope and also got a ban. 

I bet some of those cases investigated by LO and considered wrongly banned fall under such category.

I went out of my way to report 2-3 players that made it really easy to accumulate documented proof of them doing exactly that.

They did end up on ff while (imo) not cheating themselves - justified nonetheless.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

id like to take this opportunity to apologize to triksterism for accidentally summoning the fur brigade into his thread

What horrors have you wrought?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

What horrors have you wrought?

ff1cgp.gif

hai ^_______________^

*friend seems a lil fishy but you trust him when he says he doesn't hack, get banned*

No I don't think guilt by association is justifiable.

Sign in to follow this