4 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I mean EAC has a server side implementation, think FF but not as bad.

Some competent human resources are always a nice addition

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Clandestine said:

LMAO. Met a guy who had hacked legacy skin in DBD for months till he got banned. I doubt EAC will be any different in APB.

Getting banned for modifying save files in that game was almost impossible unless you showed it off somehow, until they actually implemented ways to detect fake save files.  Also, some of these guys speedhack and wallhack for months on DBD before ever getting caught, it's pretty concerning.

Edited by claude

16 minutes ago, claude said:

Getting banned for modifying save files in that game was almost impossible unless you showed it off somehow, until they actually implemented ways to detect fake save files.  Also, some of these guys speedhack and wallhack for months on DBD before ever getting caught, it's pretty concerning.

That's right. There's no perfect anticheat and I'm not stating that EAC is worse than BE but imo after few months APB will be same old once the cheats get updated. Not sure if it's wise to put more resources into this but it's not my money.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spore said:

We need real world consequences for those caught cheating.

bail set at 100 million

On 5/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, CookiePuss said:

Feel free to let us know know in advance if you are one of the players who will coincidentally be going on vacation or something when this goes live.

bYuOpmk.gif

I'm going on "Mandatory Fun" time for 3 weeks when this goes live ironically. So....

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

I'm going on "Mandatory Fun" time for 3 weeks when this goes live ironically. So....

Illuminati confirmed.

cool update

Edited by cheater

19 hours ago, Spore said:

As long as the cheaters have a sense of immunity against losing anything they hold sacred, nothing will ever change regardless of what anti-cheat is running, most cheaters don't care about the accounts they lose, its time they lose something else. We need real world consequences for those caught cheating.

Fortnite started suing people for sharing cheat links and going after people who make the cheats, nexon also did this, but its not cheap getting those corporate lawyers.

Edited by Willy Wonka

9 hours ago, Willy Wonka said:

Fortnite started suing people for sharing cheat links and going after people who make the cheats, nexon also did this, but its not cheap getting those corporate lawyers.

That's irrelevant to the cheating situation in APB. In fact, that's irrelevant to pretty much any small game with a cheating problem.

Cheats for larger games are stolen/produced and sold on a larger scale because there are more players who will buy them and search for them. Larger community=more cheaters, more cheaters means the accessibility to cheats increases. Small communities, such as the APB community, will have a small amount of cheaters who have no incentive to make cheats as accessible to the player base as possible. Meaning you need to know very specific people, and be willing to pay a large amount of money (in the several hundreds) to gain access to their cheats.

Edited by claude

Maybe it's time to come back to apb. I really hope EAC will work properly.

2 hours ago, claude said:

That's irrelevant to the cheating situation in APB. In fact, that's irrelevant to pretty much any small game with a cheating problem.

Cheats for larger games are stolen/produced and sold on a larger scale because there are more players who will buy them and search for them. Larger community=more cheaters, more cheaters means the accessibility to cheats increases. Small communities, such as the APB community, will have a small amount of cheaters who have no incentive to make cheats as accessible to the player base as possible. Meaning you need to know very specific people, and be willing to pay a large amount of money (in the several hundreds) to gain access to their cheats.

If it wasn't a problem they would not be changing anti cheat for a 3rd time, Matt himself even just said in the update it's a problem so I do not what you are talking about. Cheaters chase away  lots of people and that means lost revenue. It's an easy court case to win.

Just google cheat makers sued. Tons of wins for game Developers.

Edited by Willy Wonka
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Willy Wonka said:

If it wasn't a problem they would not be changing anti cheat for a 3rd time, Matt himself even just said in the update it's a problem so I do not what you are talking about. Cheaters chase away  lots of people and that means lost revenue. It's an easy court case to win.

the main issue/deterrent with civil charges against cheat creators is pursuing legal action when the creator is the resident of another country

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

the main issue/deterrent with civil charges against cheat creators is pursuing legal action when the creator is the resident of another country

Theres ways to go about that as well just more expensive, not saying it's easy, but there never going to stop so it's time to take that step.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, claude said:

Meaning you need to know very specific people, and be willing to pay a large amount of money (in the several hundreds) to gain access to their cheats.

That's about to change. A cheat on a BE game is taking way more time to maintain then a game on EAC. Prices of a cheat will drop so it will be easier accessable to the public. I know for a fact that 2 known cheat providers already have an APB EAC cheat on their 2-do list and I'm pretty sure more will follow.

1 hour ago, LilWonka said:

What the hell are you saying man.. ?

We have been told countless times that there really isn't a cheater problem and we all just need to "git gud"

I'm so confused.

1 hour ago, Westford said:

What the hell are you saying man.. ?

We have been told countless times that there really isn't a cheater problem and we all just need to "git gud"

I'm so confused.

So true, I forgot the new gen pro players have x-ray vision and just superior aim that let's them snap between 4 targets and killing a whole team in a split second. I will put down the volcano and pick up an ntec to try and git gud.

Well this is most disappointing ..

My biggest nemesis has been @NotZombieBiscuit, as he has forcibly encouraged me to "git gud"....

And I have.

I have excelled my skills beyond all means.

I "got gud"...

And now this .. ?

I don't know.... 

giphy.gif

Just make people who aren't furries, girl gamers or silvers game moderator with banning privileges. Cheaters gone overnight (or atleast reroll).

13 hours ago, LilWonka said:

I'm not saying it isn't a problem, im saying they cannot be sued. You stated that the issue is that LO can't afford lawyers to go after cheaters of APB. How do you expect a company to sue people who aren't even identified? When these companies sue these "cheat makers," they're suing the websites that host downloads and sell them, since cheats conflict with their games integrity. It's much easier to take legal action against a website than it is to sue very specific people in the community, who are unidentifiable.

I promise you, Easy Anti Cheat wont do any better than Battleye does. After EAC is implemented, people will complain just as much as they do now, to no fault of Little Orbit, but to the fault of the player who, for whatever reason, much rather blame the game and the anticheat when they lose instead of admitting that there are players always better than them, and learning from a brutal stomp from insane players.

Merged.

12 hours ago, Spy said:

That's about to change. A cheat on a BE game is taking way more time to maintain then a game on EAC. Prices of a cheat will drop so it will be easier accessable to the public. I know for a fact that 2 known cheat providers already have an APB EAC cheat on their 2-do list and I'm pretty sure more will follow.

Yeah I don't understand why people think yet another anticheat swap will do anything better for the game. Don't really know why people see anticheats as this drag-and-drop solution to any game, ever. Only thing I hear people say is EAC and UE games are usually paired together, so therefore, it will magically be more effective than BE. Whether this argument his plausible or not is beyond me.

I'm just going to say this, based on games using this system, If it fails on apb, I'd rather put the blame on LO this time. rather then the anticheat

Put blame on the company lol. I mean what else is there? Xigncode? Don't make me laugh. In-house one could be amazing but cost a lot too.

5 hours ago, claude said:

I'm not saying it isn't a problem, im saying they cannot be sued. You stated that the issue is that LO can't afford lawyers to go after cheaters of APB. How do you expect a company to sue people who aren't even identified? When these companies sue these "cheat makers," they're suing the websites that host downloads and sell them, since cheats conflict with their games integrity. It's much easier to take legal action against a website than it is to sue very specific people in the community, who are unidentifiable.

I promise you, Easy Anti Cheat wont do any better than Battleye does. After EAC is implemented, people will complain just as much as they do now, to no fault of Little Orbit, but to the fault of the player who, for whatever reason, much rather blame the game and the anticheat when they lose instead of admitting that there are players always better than them, and learning from a brutal stomp from insane players.

There are cases where private individuals have been sued, just because theres no advertising website does not mean they can not be found, the point your making is very flawed.

If EAC hits live, cheaters will finally get HWID Bans.

Theres one bad thing about it tho;

its one of the easiest bypassed anticheats; speaking from experiences of other games.

seriously game needs a perfect spectate system to combat cheaters.  

• Like 1