I don't know what your point is, but I think nobody should violate the EULA.

I hope we agree on that at least.

Edited by Saxtus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Does it affect you?

Shouldn't really be your concern. But like neo said, for the third time, not (!) our main concern.

Edited by Netzu

10 minutes ago, neophobia said:

i wouldn't say so in this point - executable code, executable databases and executable files vs

all databases, all files and just executable code

it seems quite obvious but idk if it is. maybe it is. anyway.

not really my main point

6 minutes ago, neophobia said:

those are also not being >executed so the statement still somewhat holds.

but as ALSO was said above, that really wasn't my main point.

The EULA is crystal-clear. It includes BOTH executables and non-executables.

Hey everyone,

This thread has started to derail a bit, I would kindly remind everyone here that this thread is not about whether or not certain edits of files violate the EULA. If you wish to discuss this topic, feel free to create a thread for it, otherwise, I would ask everyone to stick to the topic at hand!

-Spuzva

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, SpuzvaBob said:

Hey everyone,

This thread has started to derail a bit, I would kindly remind everyone here that this thread is not about whether or not certain edits of files violate the EULA. If you wish to discuss this topic, feel free to create a thread for it, otherwise, I would ask everyone to stick to the topic at hand!

-Spuzva

Thank you. I was just about to say that. Umm @MattScott Any chance we will be getting those pics soon?

Edited by YeOldLegends

1 hour ago, YeOldLegends said:

Thank you. I was just about to say that. Umm @MattScott Any chance we will be getting those pics soon?

A person might say you like to strike the iron while it's hot.

...I'm not going to be that person regrettably, Easter holiday event just came out yesterday. We saw the Redhill ARG website with a countdown for RIOT's released, this is why it is best for staff to just get on with work not to to over hype things when there is going to anguish (for lack of a better word) if and when delays occur.

I think we all know the feeling of pressure when working and someone is demanding to hurry up when you are going as fast as you can.

One would hazard a guess this isn't your first forum account, but we're all been waiting for years and a few pictures isn't going to make me feel much better having with a carrot on a stick.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:26 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion. I am hoping to get some screenshots out soon. We have 2 blockers at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt

He posted this last week and he said the word we've all groan at with a trademark, but he did already answer your question. Note the word "hoping".

On 4/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, Flaws said:

Exactly none. Just like any other localization file edits 🙂

I would say hold to crouch is kind of unfair, cause it makes your hitbox go insane i'm pretty sure if you spam CTRL 

Didn't see that the mod added on that it got derailed xD but just my thoughts on the matter (ENGINE PICS WHEN? :^) )

Edited by blazeburner

11 hours ago, Saxtus said:

How about stoping being a stickler? Would you give someone a ticket for crossing a red light in the jungle in the middle of the night?

13 hours ago, Saxtus said:

This is actually a very good point.

We are currently operating under conflicting rulesets.

On the on hand as Saxtus points out, any editing of game files is clearly stated as being against the rules.

Without even getting into custom configs, even the Advanced Launcher does this.

I've no idea why the official rules haven't been amended to match the new stance of Little Orbit, nor do I know why we cant seem to get concrete answers as to exactly what IS and ISN'T allowed as far as file edits go. Its done nothing but further divide our tiny little community and well... that sucks.

3.5 can't come soon enough.

• Thanks 1

I just had a recent conversation with @MattScott about a third party application not to far back explaining,

"You're fine using it for now.

Just know that once we launch the engine upgrade, it wont be allowed."

in hindsight I was asking about an injector based program called Reshade"in term breaks Little orbits TOS"

Its quite possible everything will become set in stone once they've taken care of the new engine releases.

Edited by IRyanI
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

On the on hand as Saxtus points out, any editing of game files is clearly stated as being against the rules.

I've no idea why the official rules haven't been amended to match the new stance of Little Orbit, nor do I know why we cant seem to get concrete answers as to exactly what IS and ISN'T allowed as far as file edits go. Its done nothing but further divide our tiny little community and well... that sucks.

This is fair criticism. 

The plan is to revisit the ToS and EULA prior to launching 3.5, so that we can provide the concrete ruleset that the community is looking for.

We're close enough now that I didn't see the point in amending the rules and then amending them again once the engine upgrade comes out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

New engine pic?

Oh, the poster confused the threads then.

thats not 3.5

42 minutes ago, Romique said:

looks like the same engine))

It is the same engine.

Thats not 3.5

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zolerox said:

news-16.jpg?v=53750-104

Discuss.

If you snoop through the localization files in the OTW, you'll see that these are poison bombs that, once detonated by a team, make that particular district block poisonous. This is the way that LO found to shrink the map in BR style for RIOT.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, swft said:

If you snoop through the localization files in the OTW, you'll see that these are poison bombs that, once detonated by a team, make that particular district block poisonous. This is the way that LO found to shrink the map in BR style for RIOT.

😮

On 4/13/2019 at 10:28 AM, CookiePuss said:

any interference with game files is not ALLOWED . it breaks all the work of LO's team . 

question.  console players can modify the files of developers at their discretion ?

1 hour ago, Yood said:

any interference with game files is not ALLOWED . it breaks all the work of LO's team . 

question.  console players can modify the files of developers at their discretion ?

23 hours ago, MattScott said:

This is fair criticism. 

The plan is to revisit the ToS and EULA prior to launching 3.5, so that we can provide the concrete ruleset that the community is looking for.

We're close enough now that I didn't see the point in amending the rules and then amending them again once the engine upgrade comes out.

It seems you missed Matt's post.

• Like 1

just remember all the good times that you had, and...lies make baby Jesus cry!