Hyenard

Gifting option is gone from marketplace?

Well that sucks.  I was gonna buy stuff for my friends when they came back to the game 😞 Now I really don't have a reason to buy anything on Armas because I already have everything.  Please consider adding it back and just penalize those who abuse it.  Maybe set up a system where it tracks your market purchases and gifts, so if you buy a legendary from someone for a really low price, and then gift them an item on Armas it'll call for the trade to be investigated or something.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Lixil said:

I need to get more information so I can write annoucement.

Return the opportunity to send gifts. Why do you break what everyone liked! Why did you do this?

• Like 3

Вы движетесь в правильном направлении сметая мошенников на своем пути 🚆

13 hours ago, Bornstellar said:

That's a shame. Gifting caused no issues.

I don't think there is any issue when gifting when used as intended.

11 hours ago, Ketog said:

wh ... why ? :v

I'd quess it's due to outside of marketplace trades involving armas gifts and credit card fraud.

7 hours ago, DiBBz said:

legendary trading or in general APB$ for arma trading was to highly abused. because people would charge via paypal and then do chargebacks. this is most likely in move to counter fraud which they have stated that APB is having a issue with atm.

this seems like a obvious choice considering the system was so highly abused much like the refer a friend system was highly abused for free goodies.

It is the most likely scenario.

If that indeed is the case, I'd imagine that gifting could make return "Soon(tm)" with just some delay added somewhere in the process to limit damage from chargebacks.

1 hour ago, Chinook said:

I don't think there is any issue when gifting when used as intended.

I'd quess it's due to outside of marketplace trades involving armas gifts and credit card fraud.

It is the most likely scenario.

If that indeed is the case, I'd imagine that gifting could make return "Soon(tm)" with just some delay added somewhere in the process to limit damage from chargebacks.

once thy have a plan to fix the the potential fraud issues. id imagine it would make a return but as it has stands right now, since roughly the Coy Wolf release. gifting has been abused more than it has been used for good. not many streamers or community's really do that much to involve gifting. its a nice system as always as someone has said when they hit their subscriber goal they do a armas giveaway etc. but much like everything in the world. something meant for good is always abused!

9 hours ago, 111MikA111 said:

Вы движетесь в правильном направлении сметая мошенников на своем пути 🚆

эммм... ну да правильный путь не спрашивать у комьюнити об этом и просто убрать, и если что скамеры останутся они просто буду пользоваться не гифтами a просто пайпалом.....

Edited by FDBenderRus
  • Like 1

Почему то я думаю что те кто не согласен с данным решением не волнуются об игре APB а просто хотят вернуть возможность иметь прибыль с помощью данной опции .

Can we please get an official statement on if gifting is perm removed or temp removed?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 111MikA111 said:

Почему то я думаю что те кто не согласен с данным решением не волнуются об игре APB а просто хотят вернуть возможность иметь прибыль с помощью данной опции .

Почему-то мне кажется, что ты очередной местный тролль, которому хорошо когда другим плохо. А остальное не важно. И тот кто говорит, что ему это нравится, эгоистичный лжец. Отправка подарков внутри игры очень распространенное явление во многих онлайн проектах и в этом нет ничего ужасного. И пользы от этого намного больше чем вреда. Причем как для владельца игры, так и для игроков. Лучше когда деньги крутятся внутри системы,  а не мимо ее. Достаточно сделать вменяемую проверку средств, можно разрешать пользоваться услугой только аккаунтам с репутацией, с лвл больше чем тешка, да что угодно можно придумать, а не просто так брать и выпиливать функцию из игры. 

A big request to return the opportunity to send gifts to players. Do more for this feature, increase the check for unreliable accounts, but return this function.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tolikxx said:

Почему-то мне кажется, что ты очередной местный тролль, которому хорошо когда другим плохо. А остальное не важно. И тот кто говорит, что ему это нравится, эгоистичный лжец. Отправка подарков внутри игры очень распространенное явление во многих онлайн проектах и в этом нет ничего ужасного. И пользы от этого намного больше чем вреда. Причем как для владельца игры, так и для игроков. Лучше когда деньги крутятся внутри системы,  а не мимо ее. Достаточно сделать вменяемую проверку средств, можно разрешать пользоваться услугой только аккаунтам с репутацией, с лвл больше чем тешка, да что угодно можно придумать, а не просто так брать и выпиливать функцию из игры. 

Увы., вы не в праве называть кого либо  тролль   ., если даже их действия или мнения не совпадают с вашим желанием!

You should bring that option back, it spreaded positivity all over community, I used to gift my clan mates on their birthdays. Now I can’t do that 

Edited by Xnax
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 3:12 PM, Bornstellar said:

That's a shame. Gifting caused no issues.

There are alot of issues, example: If u had a Character Lifetime weapon you only need to pay around 900G1C for a Account Lifetime version of it. so that means, you could give someone a Account Lifetime weapon for 900G1C

Edited by Tsumori

1 minute ago, Tsumori said:

There are alot of issues, example: If u had a Character Lifetime weapon you only need to pay around 900G1C for an Account Lifetime version, so you could give someone a Account Lifetime weapon for 900G1C

Agreed

I think it's right that this function was banned. If anyone wants to buy any product cheaper - he just activates a premium account, which gives a discount on any product. If there is no premium, you will have to pay more. You do not need to return this function to ARMAS.

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

We removed ARMAS gifting because it has been abused quite heavily over the last two weeks.

Until we can sort it out, we've taken it offline.

This quote was taken from a different thread, but is of Matt Scott explaining why this function was removed.

5 hours ago, INY said:

I think it's right that this function was banned. If anyone wants to buy any product cheaper - he just activates a premium account, which gives a discount on any product. If there is no premium, you will have to pay more. You do not need to return this function to ARMAS.

Speak for yourself, others need this function

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I missed this thread.

We have disabled the ARMAS Gifting feature until we can get it fixed. It has been abused a lot in the last two weeks.

Please bear with us.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I missed this thread.

We have disabled the ARMAS Gifting feature until we can get it fixed. It has been abused a lot in the last two weeks.

Please bear with us.

Thanks,
Matt

Thx Matt ❤️

• Like 1

Glad to hear that it's not gone for good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

Glad to hear that it's not gone for good!

lol.

50 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

lol.

Is that a shadman avatar i spot.

On 6/1/2018 at 4:18 AM, MurkTheMerc said:

So how will I give out prizes for events? I just started one in the events section and now I have to cancel my Twitch Follower milestone premium giveaway.

Could always giveaway g1c ig

On 6/3/2018 at 9:52 AM, MattScott said:

We have disabled the ARMAS Gifting feature until we can get it fixed.

Please make sure that it's fixed before the 75% summer sale *hint hint* 😄