Hintaro

merge jericho and citadel ?

is it possible to merge jericho and citadel ? i mainly play jericho but the population is so low, always 100 - 130 when i log in. playing missions and face the same players are boring too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

please tell me this is satire 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

please tell me this is satire 

mate we need that fast before people leave jericho for good, oh my god
quick merge US with EU, more players for citadel

• Like 2

I think they will be eventually tbh. Just that some districts will be hosted in the us amd some in europe. No more 'servers'.

• Like 3

I like my latency the way it is now, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah let's give half the population 400ping. Hilarious.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yeah let's give half the population 400ping. Hilarious.

What population? Oh those poor 100 people? Yeach they migh suffer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wHisHi said:

What population? Oh those poor 100 people? Yeach they migh suffer.

HAN already got merged.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

What population? 

then why is the merge so important?

If I recall correctly, there are plans to do away with individual servers and put people into matches based on an upgraded matchmaking algorithm anyway.

Why not throw ping/location into the mix and unify the login/marketplace/character servers?

• Like 5

Aussies, BRs, so many got the short end of the stick already, if they merged it would just be unplayable for so many.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Archon said:

Aussies, BRs, so many got the short end of the stick already, if they merged it would just be unplayable for so many.

As a BR myself, I can say that playing on EU is pretty much possible. I've been playing on EU instead of NA for like 6 months now, it's not like going from 160 to 190 is a big of a deal tbh. And I prefer EU over NA (even with the high ms) since you play with different people at least 3/5 matches.

+1 for the merge, IO doesn't need to actually delete NA servers, just merge them in one and keep districts like "NA-Financial" "EU-Financial". This way you can actually play on both without switching characters.

1 minute ago, displacement said:

As a BR myself, I can say that playing on EU is pretty much possible. I've been playing on EU instead of NA for like 6 months now, it's not like going from 160 to 190 is a big of a deal tbh. And I prefer EU over NA (even with the high ms) since you play with different people at least 3/5 matches.

+1 for the merge, IO doesn't need to actually delete NA servers, just merge them in one and keep districts like "NA-Financial" "EU-Financial". This way you can actually play on both without switching characters.

LO** (why can't I edit my own post smh)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, displacement said:

LO** (why can't I edit my own post smh)

That's because you're still marked as a 'Starter Member'

Just now, displacement said:

Keep districts like "NA-Financial" "EU-Financial". This way you can actually play on both without switching characters.

That is a simplified version of Matt's plan in the future, and it's a good one in my opinion, (it would help out the ingame marketplace alot) but merging them together the ol' fashioned way is not a good idea. I'm kinda surprised the ping is only that much higher for you, I went and looked at a map actually, Brasil is 4,000 miles from Texas and 5,500 miles from Germany, (I think that's where EU is at)  not that much further, the more you know I guess.
P.S. +1 for being a BR who can speak English well 😛

the apple does not fall far from the tree apparently

3 hours ago, Fenton said:

If I recall correctly, there are plans to do away with individual servers and put people into matches based on an upgraded matchmaking algorithm anyway.

Why not throw ping/location into the mix and unify the login/marketplace/character servers?

The plan is to do away not with servers, but with threat segregated districts, for cross district matchmaking. Thus, the instances, not the servers.

Problem with merging servers, you have the distance to the server to account for.

Back in the "good old days" there were two servers in North America, Colby and Joker. One served the NA West, the other the NA East.

However, now, the server should be located in Texas, and serves both regions. (ironically, I picked NA West for my main, but living in the middle of the country had it's perks to access both servers with ease.)

17 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

The plan is to do away not with servers, but with threat segregated districts, for cross district matchmaking. Thus, the instances, not the servers.

There are 2 different plans. 

The short term plan is the district phasing, as you mentioned.

But in the long run Matt said he wanted to go to the model of a central character server and districts all around (as Fenton mentioned)

The post where Matt mentions this: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

There are 2 different plans. 

The short term plan is the district phasing, as you mentioned.

But in the long run Matt said he wanted to go to the model of a central character server and districts all around (as Fenton mentioned)

The post where Matt mentions this: 

I have not heard of this, thanks!

figured the time I spend on studying I'm bound to miss something

A unified playerbase - Hopefully that's a chance to sell more stuff via the marketplace and see the good work of people I've never seen before.

• Thanks 1

Not only does the ocean not care about smooth internet, but jericho is like my safe place when I get mental breakdowns after getting owned by russian kids too many times.

Even tho I got 150ms, but that's ok americans svck.

• Like 1