TooStrong

Install the game last night, nothing has changed

The graphics still look terrible, where's the bloom at night?

No engine upgrade yet

No offense to the new company, but at this point, i think everyone wants the engine upgrade and new visuals and you should bring back the old threat system if you want to see around 3k back into your game.

3 minutes ago, TooStrong said:

No engine upgrade yet

No offense to the new company, but at this point, i think everyone wants the engine upgrade and new visuals and you should bring back the old threat system if you want to see around 3k back into your game.

Bruh, you should be the CEO. /s

Well, why don't you read some of the post around here buddy?

LO has already:

Added Battleye

Implemented A trading system

Updated the Joker store

Reduced the Armas Prices

Added an auto renewal system for Premium

Balanced weapons (Good/Bad)

Fixed a few bugs

Added a weapon renewal system in your inventory

Added 2 new weapons and released a few previously unobtainable weapons

Increased Communications/transparency

Increased weekly update quality

Increased FPS limit

Improved server performance (IMO)

Improved Hitreg (IMO)

Just off the top of my head.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TooStrong said:

This is G1's graphics you're still playing on

No engine upgrade yet

They're working on this, and have actually laid out a timeline/roadmap for implementation.

Those two go hand in hand. The best course of action is not for them to update graphics or work on them now, but to finish the engine unification, upgrade the engine on all platforms, and then update the graphics, and settings. If they were to update the graphics now, they would have to rework it again with the newer engine, thus doing the same thing multiple times. Which... if you're a software developer, is a waste of time.

12 minutes ago, TooStrong said:

You're not everyone, and my above statement addresses this.

No

The old threat system would still have just as many issues as the current threat system. Removing visual threat of others or even yourself, would actually address the issues of dethreating.

If you can't see your threat, or you can't see others, then you won't be able to 'dethreat' (easily that is)

I'd recommend spending more time either on the forums, or playing the game to get up to date with information, instead of posting aimless threads.

why don't you just apply for a job at Little Orbit?

16 minutes ago, Vanten said:

why don't you just apply for a job at Little Orbit?

Yea nice joke, I'm going to apply for a job that is hosting a game that has barely 600 players playing.

28 minutes ago, StunStick said:

Well, why don't you read some of the post around here buddy?

LO has already:

Added Battleye

Implemented A trading system

Updated the Joker store

Reduced the Armas Prices

Added an auto renewal system for Premium

Balanced weapons (Good/Bad)

Fixed a few bugs

Added a weapon renewal system in your inventory

Increased Communications/transparency

Increased weekly update quality

Increased FPS limit

Improved server performance (IMO)

Improved Hitreg (IMO)

Just off the top of my head.

I'm fully aware of what LO has added, even though i haven't played in about 2 years, i lurked the forums a bit and read around.

BattleEye Pointless, and judging by the all the posts here, there's still massive cheaters roaming.

Trading System: Nothing special or exciting.

Updated Joker Store: lol

Armas Prices cheaper um ok

Added an auto renewal system for Premium um ok

Balanced Weapons The weapons were fine before LO got on board, but um.

Fixed a few bugs without explaining what those bugs are, great job reporting

Added a weapon renewal system in your inventory um ok

Added 2 new weapons Pointless

Increased Communications Yes i agree the Communication is better, but actually listening to what the players actually want, nope, still the same. And that's one of the reasons why the player-base is at all time low now. But you guys can keep being in denial and think everything is fine.

Increased weekly update quality um ok

Increased FPS limit um ok

None of that is going to help the game survived, if anything none of that stuff is that important, unless you count the cheaper prices in arams, and trading system if people want to trade.

38 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Those two go hand in hand. The best course of action is not for them to update graphics or work on them now, but to finish the engine unification, upgrade the engine on all platforms, and then update the graphics, and settings. If they were to update the graphics now, they would have to rework it again with the newer engine, thus doing the same thing multiple times. Which... if you're a software developer, is a waste of time.

You're not everyone, and my above statement addresses this.

No

The old threat system would still have just as many issues as the current threat system. Removing visual threat of others or even yourself, would actually address the issues of dethreating.

If you can't see your threat, or you can't see others, then you won't be able to 'dethreat' (easily that is)

I'd recommend spending more time either on the forums, or playing the game to get up to date with information, instead of posting aimless threads.

I have been playing APB since RTW, i am up to date to what is happening with this game. I have seen it at its best times and worse times and i know for a fact when the game started to go down hill. Firing Certain GM's , removing the old threat system which basically put a huge dent in the game player-base and i was a witness to it when it happen. You can sit up here and play stupid all you want, removing the threat system would be the worse idea and probably will killed the game for real. I don't speak for every player who has been playing since RTW, but i know what i am talking about. Bringing back the old threat system and promoting it everywhere, including on steam will bring back over 2000 players to the game. Now if you don't care about the threat system, that's one thing, but facts are facts, all the stuff which Gamerfirst was doing by removing the threat system, firing certain GM's who helped build the game and the community, removing the old graphics which were better, removing the old gun sounds, etc killed the game over time.

Yea blah blah i know things take time, I'm merely only stating that the engine upgrade is their saving grace, so i hope its done right. I have notice alot of devs/ companies tend to do "what they want to do, or what they think is the best idea * that didn't work out too well with those shotgun changes, eh"? *  , better stop doing that and listen to the community.

Open up your eyes and look at the steam charts, lmfao.  

https://steamcharts.com/app/113400

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TooStrong said:

No engine upgrade yet

Little Orbit has made what MoneyFirst didnt in years. Kid.

9 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Little Orbit has made what MoneyFirst didnt in years. Kid.

Oh yeah they messed up ir3 haha you're right, they made it "worse" when g1 didn't

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TooStrong said:

BattleEye Pointless, and judging by the all the posts here, there's still massive cheaters roaming.

Very untrue. Likely posts by players who hackusate anyone that beats them and can't own up to a loss so they feel the need to justify it by screaming about cheaters being out of control.  I've only seen a few people that looked kinda fishy since BE, and never saw them again.  Compare that to before LO took over when every day there would be multiple speedhackers flying around the districts at any given time.

Trading System: Nothing special or exciting.

Cuts down on stupid people getting scammed.  Players have been asking for it for years.

Updated Joker Store: lol

More Armas guns available for free.  Players asked for it.

Armas Prices cheaper um ok

Players asked for it.

Added an auto renewal system for Premium um ok

A few players asked for it.  Nobody seems to have anything against it.

Added a weapon renewal system in your inventory um ok

Players asked for it.

Added 2 new weapons Pointless

The new weapon gives a new functionality to secondaries.  I know, I know, it's just a shotgun, but up until now we've never had a shotgun as a secondary.  Better than them adding another semi-auto.  And it's pretty well balanced.  Players have been asking for a shotgun secondary for a long time.

Increased Communications Yes i agree the Communication is better, but actually listening to what the players actually want, nope, still the same. And that's one of the reasons why the player-base is at all time low now. But you guys can keep being in denial and think everything is fine.

All of these are things that players have been asking for believe it or not.  Sorry, but they have been listening.  Hell, soon they're adding a territory control mode that players have been asking for for years.

Compare all this to the absolute standstill in development for the entire 2 year duration that you were gone.  Right now they're unbreaking the shit that G1 broke.  I agree the visuals are absolute shit at the moment, but that's not LO's fault.  G1 did that years ago, and it wouldn't make sense to fix them right now since the engine upgrade is due fairly soon and they would have to redo a lot of junk on the new engine.

The change to the threat system itself isn't what killed off half of the playerbase.  The fact that you were restricted to your own threat's district is what did that, and we still haven't recovered even though G1 partially undid that.

They did botch the weapon balance a little, and that would be the most recent dip in population, but to me it seems like a big overreaction from people who are pissed that their meta guns aren't meta anymore.  I'm kinda indifferent on the changes personally.

Though you might not personally care about the changes they made, they still did a hell of a lot more than g1 has in the past four years.

Sorry, but saying nothing has changed is really stupid.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

but to me it seems like a big overreaction from people who are pissed that their meta guns aren't meta anymore.  I'm kinda indifferent on the changes personally.

Yeah the guns people learned and depended on for years now need a nerf, just cause a few people want more guns used?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, February said:

Yeah the guns people learned and depended on for years now need a nerf, just cause a few people want more guns used?

Yeah.  Humans are pretty good at adapting to changes.  One of the only ways to keep the gunplay from getting stale is to change the meta every once in a while.  Otherwise it just gets boring.  Plus it's not like any of them became completely useless.  You're acting like people need one certain gun to even play the game.  There's a large variety of weapons in APB, branch out and try out some other ones if you don't feel your favorite one is the absolute best anymore.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming you were an Ntec user and you don't like the IR3 changes?  

Oh look another one of those, "I was gone for two days and nothing has changed," thread. Stop complaining, you dont work at Little Orbit. 

In the short time that LO has acquired G1 and in turn owning the rights to APB, They've made more progress than what G1 could of done in the last 8 years than G1 would have done, So cut em a break nothings ever done over night. 

jesus christ another bonehead who expects miracles 

do you go to construction sites and post flyers about how slow the workers are?

• Like 1

He just looked at that list and went "meh" ok kid. How much have you done to improve apb?

Edited by Zolerox

What a bonehead.

APB is great. Things are better than ever.

How dare you say otherwise.

GOTY 2k19 for sure.

Esports ready.

You are aware that the old threat system is still around, right?

Only difference is that there's only 4 displayed ranks instead of 30.

Gold for example goes all the way from Silver 6 up to Gold 10.

6 hours ago, StunStick said:

I'm not sure what the other new weapon is... unless you're counting Showstopper and Thunder as two diff weapons, kek
And I know about the AMG variant in the Joker store now, is there any other completely unobtainable items added? 🤔

6 hours ago, TooStrong said:

Ok, let's just listen to the salty dweebs who can't stop crying hacks because that's their only defense mechanism to deal with losing... instead of actually being objective about this, good call

Guys, LO have already finished the engine upgrade they're just not releasing it yet for any reason. Apparently they finished it in a day, it was that easy!! Whew-mama!

/s

Edited by Grizmo
bigger /s
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grizmo said:

Guys, LO have already finished the engine upgrade they're just not releasing it yet for any reason. Apparently they finished it in a day, it was that easy!! Whew-mama! /s

That /s needs to be bigger. 

OP hasn't supported the game for 2 years, comes back and lists a bunch of demands coupled with mild insults to the work both G1 and LO have done in that period. In that same period APB lived on without OP's support and will continue to live on with or without it. OP is a bundle of sticks whose opinion and suggestions are about as useful as that white stuff that gathers in the side of one's mouth when they're thirsty. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TooStrong said:

~snip~

I have been playing APB since RTW, i am up to date to what is happening with this game.

Congrats.

I have seen it at its best times and worse times and i know for a fact when the game started to go down hill.

Here's the next explanation:

Firing Certain GM's , removing the old threat system which basically put a huge dent in the game player-base and i was a witness to it when it happen. You can sit up here and play stupid all you want,

Why, thanks, I appreciate the insult...

removing the threat system would be the worse idea <I never said remove threat> and probably will killed the game for real. I don't speak for every player who has been playing since RTW, but i know what i am talking about. Bringing back the old threat system <Do you even know how the current threat system works? If you wanted to bring it back, then you don't know what you're talking about. The current threat system is the same as the previous, with a couple exceptions> and promoting it <promoting the game? I would assume they would after the engine upgrade anyways> everywhere, including on steam will bring back over 2000 players to the game. <Please give some statistical, or empirical evidence for your assertion.> Now if you don't care about the threat system, that's one thing, but facts are facts, all the stuff which Gamerfirst was doing by removing the threat system <They didn't>, firing certain GM's who helped build the game and the community <Of which, L.O. is looking at bringing back>, removing the old graphics which were better <Subjective opinion>, removing the old gun sounds <subjective opinion>, etc... killed the game over time.

Yea blah blah i know things take time, I'm merely only stating that the engine upgrade is their saving grace, so i hope its done right. <As do we all, glad to agree.> I have notice alot of devs/ companies tend to do "what they want to do, or what they think is the best idea * that didn't work out too well with those shotgun changes, eh"? *  , better stop doing that and listen to the community.

They've already apologized, and are correcting their error.

Open up your eyes and look at the steam charts, lmfao.  

https://steamcharts.com/app/113400

Steam charts are not the full population. Sure they might be a significant portion, but not the whole game.

There is also the fact of the matter that a majority of the players are students, high school, college, and university.

Like me, they probably don't have enough time to play the game every day or consistently.

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

That /s needs to be bigger. 

OP hasn't supported the game for 2 years, comes back and lists a bunch of demands coupled with mild insults to the work both G1 and LO have done in that period. In that same period APB lived on without OP's support and will continue to live on with or without it. OP is a bundle of sticks whose opinion and suggestions are about as useful as that white stuff that gathers in the side of one's mouth when they're thirsty. 

alternately, the other white stuff (though sometimes gray) that appears in one's crotch region after having not showered for a long time.

(naturally, i'm talking about smegma)

Edited by Mightyena

I'm kind of in the middle on this one. LO is trying really hard to make this game better, but that doesn't mean that I'm not happy with the rate of progress that they're going at. Nothing significant has really changed other than what battleye did for the game. Like, the game feels almost exactly the same as it did when i was forced to leave it years ago, but that doesn't mean that they're not making progress. 

I haven't played the game in a couple of weeks but it's mainly because there's really nothing new to do in it. After I got another 4x4 Vegas I felt like I had nothing else to really work towards... The game was already frustrating me with the lack of balance and I just haven't felt the urge to play for a while. I might hop back on for the Halloween event but otherwise I'm going to wait till the engine upgrade is released... Cause hopefully that will bring back a large portion of the community (and Jericho won't be embarrassingly dead). 

• Thanks 1