Vante

Little annoying things everyone knows, that should be fixed or added

On 10/8/2018 at 4:01 PM, Fortune Runner said:

6. Sometimes when you run next to another player or AI, your movements will no longer be smooth and you start to kind off "lag" when you run.

This occurs because of clientside prediction, when you begin moving, you have to wait for half of your ping for the server to get it and half of your ping for the server to tell you that you've moved, but because of clientside prediction, you can move as soon as you want, even before you (or the server) have known that you are moving, however, due to this, you can begin moving against objects that you shouldn't be able to move against, however, the server hasn't been able to tell you "No, no, you can't do that." before you attempt it, this results in that stuttery feeling because the client is trying to move and the server is saying "Can't do that," this is a necessary evil when it comes to movement prediction and cannot really be fixed.

i think the code should be all handed over to the OP so he can fix it.. Seems like an expert from his post. Shouldnt take him too long.

47 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

it happens with all rockets and grenades, i assume its some sort of “feature” implemented so that you don’t you're awesome on invisible parts of hit boxes

unless op is talking about a separate issue

Never really noticed, then again I rarely use explosives 

apparently sui cide is censored

what a strange fucking choice 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

apparently sui cide is censored

what a strange fucking choice 

We use "go commit X" now

E.g. go commit not live

12. It's a proof they've became self aware. They will just die, respawn and get their "full compensation"

3 hours ago, Similarities said:

This occurs because of clientside prediction, when you begin moving, you have to wait for half of your ping for the server to get it and half of your ping for the server to tell you that you've moved, but because of clientside prediction, you can move as soon as you want, even before you (or the server) have known that you are moving, however, due to this, you can begin moving against objects that you shouldn't be able to move against, however, the server hasn't been able to tell you "No, no, you can't do that." before you attempt it, this results in that stuttery feeling because the client is trying to move and the server is saying "Can't do that," this is a necessary evil when it comes to movement prediction and cannot really be fixed.

your statement is not quite accurate because long after some of us move far away from the npc it keeps having the lag I mentioned.

It's a glitch that happens randomly to that extreme but it happens that badly none the less.

2 hours ago, Clandestine said:

12. It's a proof they've became self aware. They will just die, respawn and get their "full compensation"

I bet they are.....some hit the gas when I try to pass even though they drove like a snail just before and even cut me off during that.

22 hours ago, Sameriah said:

It happens when you are too close to cover, and not only rockets, grenades and anything you can actually throw which is a bit annoying.

This have happend to me while I was right in the open too.

1 hour ago, Vanten said:

This have happend to me while I was right in the open too.

To be fair, it never happened to me on the open unless lag or frame drop is to blame for an unprecised shot/throw, yet again i have to admit that i rarely used osmaw, but when it comes to grenades and such i'm confident that objects you use as cover that have box colliders (Walls, pedestrians, cars, even street signs...ect.) can deviate your shot/throw off it original target location at a certain range of it.

This is pretty much a very old bug i remember very well cuz it happened to me multiple times on action, however if you are speaking of a different glitch that i dont know about then i'm sorry for missleading. 

PS: you actually put 2 number 9's.

Edited by Sameriah
Writing mistakes

1 hour ago, Sameriah said:

To be fair, it never happened to me on the open unless lag or frame drop is to blame for an unprecised shot/throw, yet again i have to admit that i rarely used osmaw, but when it comes to grenades and such i'm confident that objects you use as cover that have box colliders (Walls, pedestrians, cars, even street signs...ect.) can deviate your shot/throw off it original target location at a certain range of it.

This is pretty much a very old bug i remember very well cuz it happened to me multiple times on action, however if you are speaking of a different glitch that i dont know about then i'm sorry for missleading. 

PS: you actually put 2 number 9's.

I mostly referred this problem to the Volcano, as I'm not quite sure about if this occurs with the Osmaw too since I don't use it that much either. Though some people say it does too. When it comes to the reason behind this, I think we are talking about two different bugs seeing that this bug I'm describing doesn't match what you say. For me it seems like this bug can occur at anytime no matter where you are and the frame rates.

Whatever the reason, these are some annoying bugs. However I'm not sure about grenades and such since I haven't had this problem with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

is this just me because no one mentioned this. there is a bug with tattoos, i have 48 tattoos on me and when i add or remove "a" tattoo, the "other" tattoos <<(plural)<< disappear while the one i  removed still there.....i had wasted 15k money just to try to remove a tattoo off me because of this bug. on my other character i have 13 tattoos, bug still exists. For example: i have a fish tattoo i wanna add, but after i add the fish tattoo and go outside the kiosk, my fireball tattoo will disappear >>?? so i go back to the kiosk and add the missing fireball, i notice the fish tattoo now become 2, somehow the fireball became the fish .... so i just delete the new fish and add fireball, after quit the kiosk my fish tattoo plus fireball are there but the other tattoo which is a skull now missing...and problems go on... i have wasted tons of money on this stupid bug. did anyone have same problem with me ?

Edited by Tosei

I have actually encountered many of these problems myself. They are very annoying...

5 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

jumping off of a car driving at max speed and not getting any penalty is the real game breaker for me.

True never did understand this. and people are like hell thats no issue.

Edited by EMilika

On 10/12/2018 at 7:11 PM, Tosei said:

is this just me because no one mentioned this. there is a bug with tattoos, i have 48 tattoos on me and when i add or remove "a" tattoo, the "other" tattoos <<(plural)<< disappear while the one i  removed still there.....i had wasted 15k money just to try to remove a tattoo off me because of this bug. on my other character i have 13 tattoos, bug still exists. For example: i have a fish tattoo i wanna add, but after i add the fish tattoo and go outside the kiosk, my fireball tattoo will disappear >>?? so i go back to the kiosk and add the missing fireball, i notice the fish tattoo now become 2, somehow the fireball became the fish .... so i just delete the new fish and add fireball, after quit the kiosk my fish tattoo plus fireball are there but the other tattoo which is a skull now missing...and problems go on... i have wasted tons of money on this stupid bug. did anyone have same problem with me ?

I have not encountered this bug myself. I have a few tattoos, but the bug you're describing might be because of how quite many tattoos you have?

On 10/12/2018 at 8:11 PM, Tosei said:

I actually noticed  the tattoo bug aswell, i have about 30-40 tattoos on one of my characters and occasionally it bugs out similarly to yours. However, i think i might have found out, what triggers such behaviour. Might i be wrong to suggest that when you added/removed tattoos, you also changed their layers (aka moved one or several tattoos above or below others in your tattoo order)?
Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have multiple tattoos on your character

2. Add new tattoo

3. Move the new tattoo below others in the tattoos list

4. Save

Outcome: You should probbably see the new tattoo doubled, one should be on top of the list and one should have overridden a tattoo in the place to where you originally moved the new tattoo to.

The issue seems to be with saving the tattoo order to database maybe? Something to do with merging arrays/lists on a code level?

One can bypass this issue tho, by duplicating another tattoo in that exact place in the tattoos layers list where you want the new tattoo to be and then replace the created duplicate with the new one you want to add.

3 hours ago, Vanten said:

I have not encountered this bug myself. I have a few tattoos, but the bug you're describing might be because of how quite many tattoos you have?

afaik this has bug has existed since the character kiosks were coded in, it’s super annoying when you’re in and out of the kiosk checking the affects of ingame shaders

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

10 hours ago, Drollin said:

I actually noticed  the tattoo bug aswell, i have about 30-40 tattoos on one of my characters and occasionally it bugs out similarly to yours. However, i think i might have found out, what triggers such behaviour. Might i be wrong to suggest that when you added/removed tattoos, you also changed their layers (aka moved one or several tattoos above or below others in your tattoo order)?
Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have multiple tattoos on your character

2. Add new tattoo

3. Move the new tattoo below others in the tattoos list

4. Save

Outcome: You should probbably see the new tattoo doubled, one should be on top of the list and one should have overridden a tattoo in the place to where you originally moved the new tattoo to.

The issue seems to be with saving the tattoo order to database maybe? Something to do with merging arrays/lists on a code level?

One can bypass this issue tho, by duplicating another tattoo in that exact place in the tattoos layers list where you want the new tattoo to be and then replace the created duplicate with the new one you want to add.

i found a way to fix this:  when i try to change/add/remove/edit a tattoo, i dont buy immediately when im done. i went to the "hair" tab and changed my hair, after that still do not purchase yet, i moved my mouse and clicked the close "X" button, after that it will ask if you want to apply the changes or not > Select Yes. No more tattoos bug for me 😄

44 minutes ago, Tosei said:

i found a way to fix this:  when i try to change/add/remove/edit a tattoo, i dont buy immediately when im done. i went to the "hair" tab and changed my hair, after that still do not purchase yet, i moved my mouse and clicked the close "X" button, after that it will ask if you want to apply the changes or not > Select Yes. No more tattoos bug for me 😄

Yo if this is a legit thing, you sir are a hero.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:27 PM, Vanten said:

1. Indestructible lamp posts

Glad I'm not the only one looking forward to this, seems like /ourguys/ REALLY enjoy indestructible posts, judging by the way they responded back when. 

Edited by _chain

when you are jumping over a fence and someone happens to graze by you and are instantly stopped.

or when modding your weapon, it will sometimes freeze up when trying to clear a mod.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:27 PM, Vanten said:

26. Headlights on vehicles does not work. *

Are you talking about your car or NPC's cars?

If you repair your car, get out and then get back into it then the lights will work again.

However traffic lights do not work anymore

Armored police truck transmision has been bug for years, it turns on its own to the left slowly.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

Are you talking about your car or NPC's cars?

If you repair your car, get out and then get back into it then the lights will work again.

However traffic lights do not work anymore

I think he means that they don't have any actual effect. Like they're visibly on, but there's not light emission.