Luminesca

Let's talk about FC

So after years of neglect, FCs are in a bad state. Baylan suffers from horrible spawns, godawful team balance(saw 40-100 victory today)
TDM doesn't seem to appreciate the map for what it is, if it's made a bit bigger, and say added CTF and other fun mods, it could be a real fun. Even considering the above, it still manages to be the more playable of the two.
Asylum, is absolute shitshow. Optimization is worst out of any map, so there is constant micro stutters, OPGL's making it even worse. TDM works best there, because most missions(item hold, VIP) are simply not fun for anybody.
Also for the oldies here, even though I really hated beacon, I still kind of miss it. The map has some potential, but needs touching up.

Open discussion how to improve our FCs.

You're breaking the first rule of Fight Club.

More seriously though, I think Asylum's bad performance is just weird as hell. I can go from 40fps when a round ends to 32fps when the next round starts and all the teammate names pop up onscreen without even moving. Something about that map and large player counts just subtracts from client performance.

I bet districts would be just as bad if you could have 20 dudes in a mission team....

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Spoiler: I am going to get rid of Fight Club and Open Conflict.

Besides the awkward FPS problems, I don't feel either of these are fulfilling their role in the game at all.

We're 100% focused on cleaning up the lag and server performance right now.

But as soon as that's done, and the game is playing smoother, then I'll announce the new mode that will be replacing them.

EDIT: FC will stay in until we fully release the new mode, and we see a significant drop off in FC players. Apologies for upsetting anyone. My excitement got the better of me in this post.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Delete them all.

GG 2 EZ

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Besides the awkward FPS problems, I don't feel either of these are fulfilling their role in the game at all.

But as soon as that's done, and the game is playing smoother, then I'll announce the new mode that will be replacing them.

Thanks,
Matt

Jeez, I was only joking. 

3 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

Yikes, Fight club is all I have ever played in this game for the past 6 years.

Edited by Serro
  • Like 2

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Jeez, I was only joking. 

Many a true word said in jest 🤣

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Jeez, I was only joking. 

be careful what you wish for

1 minute ago, eXezon said:

be careful what you wish for

cuz it might just happen

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Serro said:

Yikes, Fight club is all I have ever played in this game for the past 6 years.

I think a lot of players live for FC, if it goes 😢 but changes can be good (wait and see).

7 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

but I like FC ;-;

• Like 3

This is it,

We're gonna get what this game really needs. . .

A Sports related game mode to compliment the Sports Clothing Pack.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

I can't tell if this is serious or not.

I have to say I'd be against FC being gutted. Open conflict is useless, I agree on that. No one plays OC. People still play FC and eithet an Asylum or Baylan server will always be full. If you gut FC you should run an event for people to earn Joker Tickets in mission districts.

Edited by IROCkiller
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sadira said:

but I like FC ;-;

how else will we fail yukon + shotgun combo close range PepeHands

• Like 1

Just now, IROCkiller said:

I can't tell if this is serious or not.

I have to say I'd be against FC being gutted. Open conflict is useless, I agree on that. No one plays OC. People still play FC and eithet an Asylum or Baylan server will always be full.

Agreed, nobody actually uses OC unless its being abused to farm levels.

After having 3 max ranks I dont ever see a reason to play missions because of there being no progression for almost X amount of years - thus why i only ever pull the game up for fight club. Removing them is silly imo

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Jeez, I was only joking. 

Well I guess we know who to blame now.

I'll start passing out torches and pitchforks in Social tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiida said:

Well I guess we know who to blame now.

I'll start passing out torches and pitchforks in Social tomorrow.

I would like two please

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

Niceeeeee!!! I dont care about FC and OC. Hopefully it will be an awesome new mode.

18 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

And what about Joker Tickets?

19 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

glad.. its shit anyway

When I play nowdays it's mostly FC. So I hope there will be something equivalent.

FC is the perfect place to try weapons and experiment with mods, practice shooting, leveling weapon roles etc. I like it alot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VegaStar said:

When I play nowdays it's mostly FC. So I hope there will be something equivalent.

FC is the perfect place to try weapons and experiment with mods, practice shooting, leveling weapon roles etc. I like it alot.

i totally agree with u,  i dont know whats the point,  and why he doing this lmao. There will be no fun in the game anymore when fc is gone LOL

Edited by kuyichimasterflex

Open Conflict should be taken out. I can agree on that point.

Fight Club is my bread, and the main reason I still play APB. I've been playing since RTW, I have no max rank character (R217 highest) and Fight Club is my favorite part of the game. Even most of the money I've spent in Armas (Thousands of $) was spent to improve the levels of fun I have in Fight Club.

I'll wait another period of time (6 months, 1 year, etc.) to see how all of this goes, and I really hope the new mode does a good job replacing the amount of fun that Fight Club brings to me. I don't want to quit APB, I still have so much money to spend in Armas 🤑, but Fight Club (or a game mode similar and of equal, or more, fun) is the only enjoyment I currently have in the game.

Please let the new mode rock. Thank you.

Edit: Let me say some more things to explain my position better.
I'm all for doing missions, but the way everything is right now just feels so boring to me. I did missions up until around 2014/2015 and finally made my switch to exclusively play Fight Club.
I currently see mission districts as a means to unlocking game content to use in Fight Club.
Maybe this means that I feel mission districts need a huge makeover before I will feel comfortable going back to them to play missions. The only time I go to a mission district right now is so I can casually drive one of my cars around and relax while playing music.

Either way, here's hoping a to a bigger and better future for APB.

Edited by Neonis
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

Nah NAH NAH, dont remove Baylan, FC is the funnest thing in this game. If you wanna remove something remove low yields.

17 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I am going to get rid of Fight Club

I used to play Baylan 3-4 hours daily, people usually go there because they dont want to soloqueue vs premades.

I'd imagine the new mode is something similar, otherwise you might slice away a part of the community.

Can't wait for more info.

• Like 2