Sakebee

Anti-Cheat Discussion

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Prove that got someone banned.

Ask administration, they have the logs. Can probably tell you who did it too, but I already know.

2 hours ago, Eerie said:

Players have been banned for expressing opinions well within the bounds of the ToS through the display points in social. Example, this meme...

http://prntscr.com/1z6y8lb

The symbol/billboard in question was not actioned. If you or anyone else has questions regarding a ban, please contact our support team (support@gamersfirst.com).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2020 at 11:16 PM, Sakebee said:

Hey everyone,

We have continued to hear concerns from various parts of the community about bans and that BE isn't working as well as EAC. We take these comments seriously. So as an experiment, we pulled the previous 10 months of stats from EAC before we switched and the last couple months of BE for comparison. We tried to think of meaningful ways we could compare them, and while I don't think these data are definitive proof of anything, I figured I would talk a little bit about what we found.

Before I jump in, it is worth noting that when we first cut over to BE, we had a bug that prevented bans from happening properly. This meant that, early on, we had a lot more cheaters than normal after the transition. That bug did eventually get fixed, but it is fair to point out that we got off to a bit of a bumpy start. Also, knowing that we haven't been running BE as along as we had been running EAC, we had to come up with comparisons that wouldn't be skewed.

First, we compared total monthly average bans between EAC and BE. Without giving specific numbers, I can say that BE bans players over 4x more than EAC. Second, we looked at the highest amount of bans in a single month, and BE still banned players 2x more times than EAC.

This data indicates to us that in the first few months of the transition, we have had many more players trying to test the new system (thinking they can get away with things) who were then caught successfully. Furthermore, while it is too early to state definitively with only a few months under our belt, those ban numbers are already appearing to trend downward, meaning this initial surge may be tapering off. New cheats can and do pop up, and those players may get away with it for a while, but BE has methods of detecting, and eventually they get caught.

Hopefully players will continue to settle as we provide improvements to the engine and the core gameplay, but either way we remain committed to improving player experience in APB and doing what we can to ensure a fair play environment.

As players, the best way you can help is to play and enjoy the game. If you come across something you think is suspicious, use the report function or submit a ticket with the evidence you have. That will help our team investigate as necessary, and it is much more productive than whispering at players or trying to accost them directly. Let's all do our part to make APB a great place to play.

Thanks guys!

🐝 Sakebee

Great news but... we still dealing with countless of cheaters in the game, but have yall figure out a new Anti Cheat? or likely, Any Features with the engine Or Trails?.

17 hours ago, Eerie said:

Players have been banned for expressing opinions well within the bounds of the ToS through the display points in social. Example, this meme...

http://prntscr.com/1z6y8lb

Memes like this have nothing specifically to do with players "expressing opinions" in-game either about LO/APB or anything in general. A "potty mouth" stands for anyone who is using bad language in any shape or form. In APB, you can get temp banned for racism, sexism, harassment of an individual and so on. Players still do these things because they're used to the old G1 team who would let a lot of these things slide and LO won't so they whine when they get punished for it. I do not know who made this meme that you claim was banned but if someone went through the trouble of making this in the designer I would assume that they have written something a bit too wild in chat and probably got suspended for it. Unless you have confirmation from LO that this symbol is the reason they were banned, you cannot be sure.

Detecting an experienced closet cheater is vastly more difficult to confirm for certain to the point of banning the individual, unlike someone just writing something objectively bad in-game which is plain and clear to anyone and can be punished immediately. Of course, there will be a lot more bans for being a "potty mouth" than for cheating. At the end of the day, that problem stems from the fact that APB has no server-side anti-cheat to analyze statistics for every player. These systems are usually automated and they would flag someone suspicious to be checked by the support team. Alternatively, you can submit video evidence from the suspect's POV (for example from a stream or video) to support where you can clearly see weird stuff going on like aimbot/wallhack. Aside from that, they seem to steer clear of banning people for suspected cheating even if its borderline blatant simply because the suspect doesn't cross a certain threshold in what they do and LO staff don't seem to play APB themselves so they cannot tell for certain even if some of us can beyond reasonable doubt. If you can't tell for certain that someone is undeniably cheating, you risk a false ban and that is something the APB playerbase is very sensitive to post-G1. You need to play your own game to be able to support it and update it properly with what it needs but APB is in such a poor state that no one on their team even wants to play it so we're stuck with what we have.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

i can always start playing APB again if you need to test if the anticheat bans legit players, after all i am the best apb player of all time

but before i play APB again I would need the servers to work, preferably not lag like crazy and have reasonable ping

also please make me GM so i can ban noob cheaters

4 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

i can always start playing APB again if you need to test if the anticheat bans legit players, after all i am the best apb player of all time

but before i play APB again I would need the servers to work, preferably not lag like crazy and have reasonable ping

also please make me GM so i can ban noob cheaters

I get it now, no wonder you wanted to be a gm so desperately, went so far to being the best GM pretender of all time.

if you wanted to be a gm that badly why don't you apply for an application it's open. 

Edited by Deadliest

Rant:
Seriously, I know this is dumb to say but it's true about what is happening now, plus, who cares at this point. People are turning to cheats just because there are so many cheaters that they can't even play otherwise. It's actually understandable in a way, especially as most people feel it'll shut down soon-ish anyway so they don't care. People getting banned just reroll. Constantly new names playing who are the best players I've ever seen but whom I've never heard about before in my life, having played this game for 10 years. Streamers closet wallhacking and aimbotting thinking it looks legit and nobody there to ban them. Reports having no effect. Video proof having no effect. Cheat developer actually running around in fightclub super blatantly f-ing everyone up and nobody there to stop it. Like what the f is this mess?
Say the community is bad all you want but LO has really dropped the ball and are always coming with more and more excuses. It's like nothing is really their fault and they are such nice people that we are not really allowed to blame them for anything. Well I don't f-ing buy it anymore. At what point do we blame them? Well how about now? .. "ohh it was G1's fault, they sold them a lemon", everyone is saying now. Yet another excuse. Nothing is ever their fault.

There is no way LO is profiting on this financially even, with the low population compared to the cost of running it and paying salaries (anyone who has ran a business knows this), yet they keep it up, year after year. No company would invest like that. It'd be stupid. They'd sell or cut it lose to stop the loss. Even putting FE back up, which is even more dead than APB, tells me something is very off. The only way to make a profit of APB and FE at this point would be to use it for freakin laundering money or something. Even selling it would be selling at a loss, most likely.

Meanwhile we get these obscure reports of the "development of the new engine" which is a couple of lines each time from one person seemingly alone updating code, fixing some bugs to make it seem like something is happening. But it isn't, obviously, but the community keep believing in it.

Even returning to FairFight is better than this, amazingly enough.  I'll take it any day over this BE mess. At least people will be able to play.

AND... just tell us the truth, or all you'll get is more speculation (kind of like what I'm doing now).

Is there any point in doing anything or should we all act like it's the last week and get cheats and go crazy this remaining time? Because that's how people are playing the game right now.

And I don't need the "huh-huh tinfoil warning" replies from the same old forum warriors who spends all their time making sure people understand that they know everything and that most other people are idiots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haddock said:

Streamers closet wallhacking and aimbotting thinking it looks legit

I'd love to hear which streamers are doing this. Feel free to DM me, I'm curious. 

On 11/16/2021 at 5:21 AM, CookiePuss said:

I'd love to hear which streamers are doing this. Feel free to DM me, I'm curious. 

why so you can tell them to make their cheats less obvious?

All of you are acting like children sadly most of you are Adult children who need to grow up.

Baseless accusations and assumptions well hate to tell you assumption is the mother of all screw ups so have a nice up of S.T.F.U. and get good and realize there is always someone better than you out there your community toxicity is what is killing this community. Then again perhaps you enjoy the drama most likely because you get no attention at home; or even have a life for that matter.

32 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

All of you are acting like children sadly most of you are Adult children who need to grow up.

If we grow up, who will play this video-game then? 🤔

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nabiki said:

All of you are acting like children sadly most of you are Adult children who need to grow up. Baseless accusations and assumptions well hate to tell you assumption is the mother of all screw ups so have a nice up of S.T.F.U. and get good and realize there is always someone better than you out there your community toxicity is what is killing this community. Then again perhaps you enjoy the drama most likely because you get no attention at home; or even have a life for that matter.

That's some next level projection right there.

11 hours ago, Nabiki said:

Baseless accusations and assumptions well hate to tell you assumption is the mother of all screw ups so have a nice up of S.T.F.U. and get good and realize there is always someone better than you out there your community toxicity is what is killing this community. Then again perhaps you enjoy the drama most likely because you get no attention at home; or even have a life for that matter.

Whoo yea that community is so toxic, but not this statement lol

On 11/17/2021 at 1:04 AM, FakeBungo said:

why so you can tell them to make their cheats less obvious?

Even if they wanted to contact LO directly it wouldn't make a difference. LO refuse to look at clips you send them. I've sent them clips off those streamers aim locking, but the view counts haven't increased. LO care more about banning for hurting someone's feelings than banning cheaters. You can aimbot 24/7 and nothing happens, but say something LO deems offensive in /w and you get the ban hammer. A few cheaters were recently banned for harassment when they should have been banned for cheating months ago. Sad cheaters would aimlock and mag dump into the wall you're hiding behind and then rage whisper you when you killed them on the reload.

3 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Even if they wanted to contact LO directly it wouldn't make a difference. LO refuse to look at clips you send them. I've sent them clips off those streamers aim locking, but the view counts haven't increased. LO care more about banning for hurting someone's feelings than banning cheaters. You can aimbot 24/7 and nothing happens, but say something LO deems offensive in /w and you get the ban hammer. A few cheaters were recently banned for harassment when they should have been banned for cheating months ago. Sad cheaters would aimlock and mag dump into the wall you're hiding behind and then rage whisper you when you killed them on the reload.

I’m happy to look at them if that makes you feel better 🙂 

10 hours ago, BlatMan said:

LO refuse to look at clips you send them

6 hours ago, Deadliest said:

I’m happy to look at them if that makes you feel better 🙂 

Same here

On 11/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, BlatMan said:

I completely agree and this forces me to switch to games where the fight against cheaters is a priority. Goodbye APB...

Proton support enabled wen ?