Sign in to follow this  
Sakebee

Community Poll - Baylan Fightclub

Baylan Fightclub Missions Poll   

189 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Takeouts/Kills (kill 150 enemy players before they do the same)
    • Territory Control (capture and hold key points to win)

Hey everyone,

Today we'd like to reach out and get some feedback regarding one of our changes in the Mission Impossible patch the other week. Specifically, we changed Baylan missions from Takeouts to Territory Control. There is a long history of complaints about spawn camping in the Baylan district, so our reasoning was that by changing the objective to something more dynamic where movement was required, we could solve that issue. This seems to have worked, but now we are hearing that some players are dissatisfied by the new mission duration.

We have gotten some feedback that you guys like to use Baylan to farm money and that the territory control mission takes too long to finish for that purpose (approx ~20 minutes vs the shorter Takeout missions which take ~10 min tops). On the other hand, we have also heard some positive feedback regarding the change because it does seem to solve the spawn camping issue. Because of the way Baylan is coded, we need to choose one or the other at this time (we are unable to rotate missions like with Asylum), so we wanted to open the question up to the community.

Which do you prefer? Why? What are the best and worst features of either option for you? Let us know when you have the chance!

🐝 Sakebee 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I prefer territory control. This mode makes the fight center around various objectives instead of being all over the place. Making it also slightly more tactical than TDM is most of the time. 

• Like 4

Why can't you do mission rotation? Back when fight club was added to the game we had territory, scavenger and kill missions in baylan.

Also yes, territory pretty please.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Territory control felt a lot easier to play in Baylan than the senseless, spawnkilling chaos of takeout.

• Like 3

fightclub sucks either way, i guess with territory control theres potentially more time to complete activities before each round ends

Edited by 404
typo

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Why can't you do mission rotation? Back when fight club was added to the game we had territory, scavenger and kill missions in baylan.

Also yes, territory pretty please.

My understanding is that mission rotation would require some code changes to implement. We are trying to keep those changes minimal since we want our engineers focused on the upgrade at this time. Also, any code changes we make now on live would have to be transferred into the upgrade, essentially creating double the workload.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Since i have to pick, Territory control simply cause its something different.  100 kills for the last five years is brain murdering.  But if we're gonna go for that, its gotta be shorter as 2000pts for 15 mins is rather lengthy, but that's more of an issue on NA since Baylan is virtually always dead.

It would honestly be worth while to get the rotation coding re-implemented asap.

fun to see that this is an option but i would suggest otherwise to make it several game modes switched baylan has been 150 kill for ages. beacon has been event games and asylum objective.

i would like to see in beacon an item hold mission but if the engineers can work on other stuff related to the engine upgrade i would  keep em on that and don't worry about the state of the game at this moment. everyone is waiting for the upgrade and if u can just implement it later on that would be fine for me too. as u said in the topic above

I haven't played for quite some time now, but territory does sound like a better experience for baylan.

anyway, I'd prefer to have FC replaced with anarchy / chaos districts.
Anarchy provided a lot more variety, since it's using the whole district, not just 10% of it.

absolute best case scenario IMO: FC replaced with anrachy, which has a turf war like gamemode implemented - all happening on the RIOT map.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snubnose said:

absolute best case scenario IMO: FC replaced with anrachy, which has a turf war like gamemode implemented - all happening on the RIOT map.

I like this idea, it would certainly vary the gameplay from missions and flight club.

This game has always been about chaos and anarchy, and I can see players joining turf war regularly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

item hold mission

I was thinkin about this for baylan like 1 briefcase in crims main spawn and 1 in enforcer main spawn(thats how starts)Goal is to score more points by holdin on both items most time untill time runs out.But i guess they cant add more modes right now to Baylan cause of the engine work

Btw what about adding deathmatch in asylum rotation of missions?I mean FFA(solo all vs all)Think about it after the engine upgrade..we dont have such mode in the game right now(actually the gun game event was FFA)

Edited by TheMessiah

3 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

I was thinkin about this for baylan like 1 briefcase in crims main spawn and 1 in enforcer main spawn.Goal is to score more points by holdin on both items most time untill time runs out.But i guess they cant add more modes right now to Baylan cause of the engine work

Btw what about adding deathmatch in asylum rotation of missions?I mean FFA(solo all vs all)Think about it after the engine upgrade..we dont have such mode in the game right now(actually the gun game event was FFA)

Item holds used to be a thing in Baylan, you had single point hold with no bases, and then multi-point hold with bases.  Adding an FFA mission requires a lot of code changes however since that's and entirely different system from what FC missions use.

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

Adding an FFA mission requires a lot of code changes however since that's and entirely different system from what FC missions use.

oh i see ok thx for the info

Is it possible to reduce the duration of the territory control missions by decreasing the time limit or score limit? That seems like a best of both worlds sort of situation. 

• Like 1

Why not include gun game perhaps just like in beacon, I would of said VIP but that just invites nade spamming ect.... 

Edited by ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™

2 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

why not have both in rotation?

Refer to this post by Sake further up.

4 hours ago, Sakebee said:

My understanding is that mission rotation would require some code changes to implement. We are trying to keep those changes minimal since we want our engineers focused on the upgrade at this time. Also, any code changes we make now on live would have to be transferred into the upgrade, essentially creating double the workload.

Rotation would've been ideal, but since it's not possible, I'd go with Territory control so we can at least have something fresher till we miss death match more

• Like 1

I like the change, I've always been more objective focused.

I still want beacon back (not in event form)

I miss the old objective missions in baylame. Especially the one with a billion medium items that each team would have to bring back to base.

The real issue here though is that it is just not a good map. It was not designed for fight club from the ground up.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Most people play baylan for JT and most of the missions to get JT is kill oriented so there is really 0 reasons to have a territory control in there. I never go for them anyways but now it is harder to find people compared to before.

Asylum is a whole different thing.

ok definitely don't rely on apb playerbase to do polls. they are very dumb

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Mission rotation was already implemented into fight clubs the past, when joker tickets and mini missions first came out. Is it possible they just turned mission rotation off?

Even if mission rotation isnt possible anymore, i would still choose to keep the kill count matches, because its not a mission area and doesn't need the same kind of missions as the main areas of the game.

Also, the map itself will be a mess either way because spawns were changed at some point by the past owners. Now spawning in any location means you have to watch your back 20m out of the spawn point because an enemy can spawn in that location as soon as you leave.

Effectively ruining any kind of cohesion in what ever mode is running because the most dangerous areas become the areas you just spawned in.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

Although i like the quick money in the kill missions, the few territory missions i was able to do were way more fun! So i'd like territory with less points to win if possibro.

Sign in to follow this