Jump to content
postalgril

are bronzes allowed to play yet?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

the problem is not win or lose, but have fun.

 

and if the score is usually 23/0 there is something wrong and not fun at all. (cheater,closet )

 

a little rework on MM and the sys with no segregations will works perfect.

 

Gold no dethreatable.

Gold vs Silver = 50% health

Gold vs Bronze = 10% Health

 

giphy.gif

 

😐

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real Bronzes are in fact busy staring at the city and scanning in-game scenery. They won't even come to the forums because they don't care about the outcome of a match.

 

Only a de-threater who got used to feasting on newbies would start such a thread.. De-threaters abused the system for far too long that to them, going back is simply unthinkable.

 

Get in the habit of fighting uphill battles every now and then, just like everybody else.. It will help you out in the long run, no joke.

 

git gud

 

lolismug.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

the problem is not win or lose, but have fun.

 

and if the score is usually 23/0 there is something wrong and not fun at all. (cheater,closet )

 

a little rework on MM and the sys with no segregations will works perfect.

 

Gold no dethreatable.

Gold vs Silver = 50% health

Gold vs Bronze = 10% Health

i can't believe i'm taking this seriously but here we are

 

the primary reason for players to be silver and bronze is a lack of game knowledge, a 50% health reduction doesn't matter much when you can (often literally) run in circles around lower threat players

 

and i have additional questions about the actual health reduction mechanic too - does it take effect at the beginning of the match? does it only happen when in combat with a lower threat player? if so, how is combat determined? how does this mechanic function when the opposing team is a variety of threats? how does this mechanic deal with backup? is the reduction interpreted as damage (i.e. will the low health vignette be forced on affected players)? how does player health return to normal after the reduction no longer applies - is it instant or do players have to regen? how does the health reduction interact with character modifications?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i can't believe i'm taking this seriously but here we are

 

the primary reason for players to be silver and bronze is a lack of game knowledge, a 50% health reduction doesn't matter much when you can (often literally) run in circles around lower threat players

 

and i have additional questions about the actual health reduction mechanic too - does it take effect at the beginning of the match? does it only happen when in combat with a lower threat player? if so, how is combat determined? how does this mechanic function when the opposing team is a variety of threats? how does this mechanic deal with backup? is the reduction interpreted as damage (i.e. will the low health vignette be forced on affected players)? how does player health return to normal after the reduction no longer applies - is it instant or do players have to regen? how does the health reduction interact with character modifications?

silvers deal 100% increased health damage against gold threated enemies

solved)

Edited by Benguin
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alani said:

they removed threat segregation?

 

lol i missed a lot

it is a temporary thing until servers are back up the way they are meant to be.

work in progress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Benguin said:

silvers deal 100% increased health damage against gold threated enemies

solved)

this would make several weapons 1 shot kills when used by silvers against golds, regardless of the skill difference i don't see that as fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having dinner with a good friend of mine recently, who happens to be a Minor League Baseball Coach.

 

As I was cutting into my sirloin, I asked most innocently, "Why don't you play against the Major Leagues ?"

 

Coach:  Huh ?

Me:  Why don't you play against the Major Leagues ?"

Coach: "Why the hell would we want to do that ?"

 

.....  at this point I drew upon my many years of APB forum experience and theories and responded;

 

Me: "To Git Gud"

Coach: "What, are you an idiot ?"

Me: "How else is your team gonna get better, you need to play against better players"

Coach: "Playing 10 games against a Major League Team, resulting in 10 losses for us, does not make us better, it demoralizes the team"

Me: "So your team needs to Git Gud ?"

Coach: "Westford,,, shut the f*ck up and eat your steak"

 

Haven't heard from him in 6 months.

Sent him a fruit cake for Christmas last week.

I received the package back with a stamp.

 

RETURN TO SENDER

 

 

I may need more APB Forum logic before I reach out to him again.

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Speedz said:

Players: "remove threat segregation so we can play"

LO: *does it*
Players: "wtf go back"

I was on the same boat until I figured how much of a double edged sword it really is.

 

Enemy calls backup and gets 2 Max Ranks, I call backup I get 2 Trainees and the game considers that fair.....

 

Still I think there should be a training district up to silver threat and R100 for people to get their bearings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Still I think there should be a training district up to silver threat and R100 for people to get their bearings. 

You do know smurfing is a thing? Unless we start tracking accounts by HWID?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, plainawful said:

You do know smurfing is a thing? Unless we start tracking accounts by HWID?

Probably already do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

they do 

so if you make new account it tracks your threat based on your main account? I find that hard to believe, they might track you to catch ban evaders but not threat.

Edited by plainawful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nickolai said:

I was on the same boat until I figured how much of a double edged sword it really is.

 

Enemy calls backup and gets 2 Max Ranks, I call backup I get 2 Trainees and the game considers that fair.....

 

Still I think there should be a training district up to silver threat and R100 for people to get their bearings. 

It really should be trainee and bronze only district.  Though the NA population may be too low for even this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 7:50 AM, Solamente said:

 

the primary reason for players to be silver and bronze is a lack of game knowledge, a 50% health reduction doesn't matter much when you can (often literally) run in circles around lower threat players

 

Not just that, You can get them to kill themselves Here's how a few matches went since this "threat segregation removal".

 

1. I managed to hit a bronze with a hvr then run towards him as he threw his grenade, It bounced off me and killed him.

2. While getting shot at by a bronze His friend was also trying to run me over i just circled the bronze till his friend ran him over.

3. I got 2 team members kicked by tagging an enemy and just lineing up 2 enemies so they shot through each other.

4. Again I tagged a bronze enemy he missed his Greanade and just hit the cover infront of him and died instantly (perc to the face)

 

It's funny till you realise this is making people rage quit and probably never return to apb. I'd rather lose to the same group of max golds steamrolling everyone because Matchmaking means Zip if you can just group up and beat everyone because your team isn't based on a dice roll. Farming bronzes isn't a challenge I had to resort to using a xbox controller to give myself a disadvantage (even then I still have to make sure the other team wins)

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some truth in the argument that facing better players teaches newer players how to play and it will make em better in the long run, even tho they may start with a lot of losses initially.

 

However a gaming community is a lot more diverse then just people in prime time gaming age and good health. Games also have people with disabilities playing (be it only one working arm, one hand, less fingers on a hand, one eye not working etc.. ) or simply being older players that aged past prime time for gaming. When you get older your reactions only get slower and you won't respond well to adrenaline spikes anymore... yet all of those people may still enjoy playing a shooter casually.

 

Aging happens naturally to everyone, picking disabilities up can also happen to everyone so there is a lot of reasons why there are high rank low threat players that stay that way and why golds also should be able to lose threat if their performance gets worse. This game simply doesn't feature a player pool large enough (especially on the us server) to support better match making without the old threat segregation band-aid fix especially when taking grouping into account and finding a match within a reasonable waiting time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are bronzes even aware that they're playing the game? i feel like they just accidentally log in and end up walking into walls the entire match

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, Benguin said:

silvers deal 100% increased health damage against gold threated enemies

solved)

200%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past we used to say: "Well let them go on and get deep gold, then they can go and play in silver district with the other cheaters."

Now... you have to play with them again and again and again...

 

BTW: How do I get gold in a mission where i end up with 3-9, and 0 comleted objectives????? Are you bloody serious?

 

And it's not like the problem of dethreating is solved. Golds will still dethreat to up their team strength.

And to think i actually gave you money... for destroying the game...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

How do I get gold in a mission where i end up with 3-9, and 0 comleted objectives?????

FKW7EfK.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 1:56 PM, Queen of Love said:

the problem is not win or lose, but have fun.

 

and if the score is usually 23/0 there is something wrong and not fun at all. (cheater,closet )

 

You know I get 30-0-0 sometimes doesn't mean I am cheating it means either my op is weak or I just had a damn good match with good positioning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thing is the people who dethreat i face them all the time yeah but they're not, idk how to explain it

 

the golds that are in now just one of those could take out like 10 of the dethreaters by themselves they could single handedly win every match vs them without a single death, they're just a whole other level

 

so yeah the dethreaters are tough and sometimes they're not fun to play against but they're also not infallible and sometimes they CAN be fun to play against, especially the ones who aren't dethreating to be toxic but to play casual. but the people above those, they just aren't fun at all. i'll take matches with the dters over the toxic golds anyday. i still will lose but the match will at least be fun

 

i dont think thats what the toxic golds understand. its not about caring about losing its caring about having fun

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, postalgril said:

especially the ones who aren't dethreating to be toxic but to play casual

Dethreating is toxic period, and those that do it should be banned. No exceptions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...