Jump to content
postalgril

are bronzes allowed to play yet?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Dethreating is toxic period, and those that do it should be banned. No exceptions. 

yeah i dont disagree, i just meant they aren't like super god-mod invincible compared to the toxic gold clans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, postalgril said:

yeah i dont disagree, i just meant they aren't like super god-mod invincible compared to the toxic gold clans

what makes the “real” gold clans toxic other than wanting to play as best they can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Solamente said:

what makes the “real” gold clans toxic other than wanting to play as best they can?

not wanting to face people hteir own level makes them toxic they only want to face newbies

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, having been a gold for a really long time, I've been intentionally letting bronzes and trainees win, just to let them enjoy the game. I see how unfair it is for bronzes and trainees to get matched against golds, so I let them have a taste of the fun. I fell down to silver a few times because of that, but my intention wasn't to lower my threat level. Now, do I need to be punished for that? I think it was a friendly act of kindness, not a toxic behaviour.

 

Also: There are also players who are called for backup at the last minute, to a match that is already lost. How would you even know how they've lost their threat level?

Edited by trashpanda
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, trashpanda said:

I think it was a friendly act of kindness, not a toxic behaviour.

I think u are damaging matchmaking (yea its not working proper) even more cuz in the long therm the ppl will geht higher threat and for that way more "bad" matches...

34 minutes ago, trashpanda said:

intentionally letting bronzes and trainees win

I'll consider this dethreating! Because u know that will lower ur threatlevel.

Stop it now or u deserve a ban... 

MY OPINION 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Dethreating is toxic period, and those that do it should be banned. No exceptions. 

can we force stick them in their own collective instance now that the global networking is being done?

we get to keep the numbers then so they'd still be good for something lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

I think u are damaging matchmaking (yea its not working proper) even more cuz in the long therm the ppl will geht higher threat and for that way more "bad" matches...

I'll consider this dethreating! Because u know that will lower ur threatlevel.

Stop it now or u deserve a ban... 

MY OPINION 

So I'm supposed to inhumanly destroy bronzes and trainees? I just didn't want them to have a bad time because of the broken matchmaking. I guess you're suggesting to wreck new players and make them hate the game, helping the game lose more population. It was never my intention to dethreat.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, trashpanda said:

So I'm supposed to inhumanly destroy bronzes and trainees? I just didn't want them to have a bad time because of the broken matchmaking. I guess you're suggesting to wreck new players and make them hate the game, helping the game lose more population. It was never my intention to dethreat.

NO!  im sayin u maybe feel like the hero saving their fun and for sure u are doing this as a friendly act of kindness...

BUT they will have the bad time or a much worse time afterwards cuz if u let them win u also push their threath.

 

It's hard to handle at the moment yea...

Edited by HighSociety
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, postalgril said:

not wanting to face people hteir own level makes them toxic they only want to face newbies

but the real golds aren’t the ones dethreating, you’ve even said that yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@postalgril You're saying this as we, golds, had the choice of our opposition, which is wrong.

Unfortunaly, for the moment, threat segregation is disabled so you won't be able to avoid golds.
The only thing that would make the game easier for bronzies is a fair matchmaking, but matchmaking killed himself when Gamersfirst released the new threat system at the end of 2011...

 

Threat segregation appreared to counter a poorly-designed matchmaking, but it never worked as intented and has always been a painful issue for APB players.

I still remember facing 4 or 5 silvers / bronzies while playing solo with the old matchmaking system, which never happened to me in 7 years with actual threat system, i'd now face only 2 or 3 silvers/bronzies, which is unfair and stupid.
Nuff' said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rSyk said:

I still remember facing 4 or 5 silvers / bronzies while playing solo with the old matchmaking system

Im sorry, are you saying you played 1v5's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@CookiePuss Exactly. I still remember playing 2 golds (me and a friend of mine) vs 7 bronzies/silvers. And it was recurrent.

 

EDIT : We obviously couldn't call for back-up.

Edited by rSyk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rSyk said:

@CookiePuss Exactly. I still remember playing 2 golds (me and a friend of mine) vs 7 bronzies/silvers. And it was recurrent.

 

EDIT : We obviously couldn't call for back-up.

Very interesting.

Honestly Ive been lucky enough lately to have some people smarter than me talk about things like fairness in matchmaking, and Im not longer certain that how APB does things is the best way. (disclaimer: Im not sure it isnt either)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

and Im not longer certain that how APB does things is the best way. (disclaimer: Im not sure it isnt either)

Certainly not. 8 years without any qualitative update, it won't happen today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Very interesting.

Honestly Ive been lucky enough lately to have some people smarter than me talk about things like fairness in matchmaking, and Im not longer certain that how APB does things is the best way. (disclaimer: Im not sure it isnt either)

APB matchmaking was never fair, thats why its been tinkered with so many times in the past and it still doesn't function fairly to this day. If it was working right the discussion wouldn't be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, Solamente said:

what makes the “real” gold clans toxic other than wanting to play as best they can?

a few gold clans treat anyone of a different color as trash even if they are simply new players. don't need fake friends like them.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

APB matchmaking was never fair, thats why its been tinkered with so many times in the past and it still doesn't function fairly to this day. If it was working right the discussion wouldn't be happening.

it worked better when we had a larger population

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

APB matchmaking was never fair, thats why its been tinkered with so many times in the past and it still doesn't function fairly to this day. If it was working right the discussion wouldn't be happening.

It functions as intended. I think his point was that the intention is incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Im sorry, are you saying you played 1v5's?

 

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Very interesting.

Honestly Ive been lucky enough lately to have some people smarter than me talk about things like fairness in matchmaking, and Im not longer certain that how APB does things is the best way. (disclaimer: Im not sure it isnt either)

Yeah that was pretty normal back in 2012 with old matchmaking. 

 

High gold playing silver. Get matched against a team of zerg bronzies/silvers. 

 

I had my fair share of 1v6s. Is fun in the main rounds but you are destined to lose the last stage with how much they overwhelm you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

a few gold clans treat anyone of a different color as trash even if they are simply new players. don't need fake friends like them.

it worked better when we had a larger population

Yea thats called threat shaming and its highly toxic. There are golds who arent in clans who behave the same way too, w/e I see these ppl I shake my head cause it drives the pop down not up. If ppl want a higher pop this needs to change.

If G1 had cared enough to put effort into the game when they had it maby we wouldnt be where we are, but since they didnt this is what we have and we as a community need to do what we can to preserve whats left if we want the game to survive. I remember back in the day prior to the changes made to threat where youd get highly uneven teams much like we get now, we had pop back then. Back then youd see these toxic golds kick anyone not gold from their team to call in backup to stack their side as much as they could. At least that cant be done today.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 8:48 PM, EnriquexD said:

So, which is the difference vs full DT silvers groups on bronze? 🤨

Because silvers that DT are garbage and have been playing the last few years against new players so their skill level never improved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Smh. This game used to be so fun & cool. APB's best days are long gone. 

Edited by Tumblez
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yea thats called threat shaming and its highly toxic. There are golds who arent in clans who behave the same way too, w/e I see these ppl I shake my head cause it drives the pop down not up. If ppl want a higher pop this needs to change.

If G1 had cared enough to put effort into the game when they had it maby we wouldnt be where we are, but since they didnt this is what we have and we as a community need to do what we can to preserve whats left if we want the game to survive. I remember back in the day prior to the changes made to threat where youd get highly uneven teams much like we get now, we had pop back then. Back then youd see these toxic golds kick anyone not gold from their team to call in backup to stack their side as much as they could. At least that cant be done today.

thankfully i do not see it as much today as in the past with g1

as for new population , i do not know of any decent ways to get people into apb (with or without its current state of affairs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

REMOVE COLORS~!~  MAKE THREAT INVISIBLE!~ HAVE INTERNAL COMPUTER CALCULATE THE ACTUAL HIDDEN THREAT/RANKS AND COMPENSATE LOWER RANKS WHEN VERSUS BETTER RANKED/SKILLED/THREAT PLAYERS... give them small health boost, weapon dmg boost or something... to compensate for their sheer dumb noobiness so they have a TINY chance to KILL someone and have a little fun and not QUIT.

ALSO,

GIVE A LITTLE ABILITY DECREASE TO HIGHER RANKED/THREAT PLAYERS ONLY WHEN THEY ARE UNFAIRLY MATCHED VERSUS LOWER RANKS?THREATS... THAT WAY THE GOLD GODS GET A LITTLE CHALLENGE AND DON'T QUIT OUT OF BOREDOM SHOOTING DUMB FISH IN A POND.

THE ONLY PEOPLE THIS SYSTEM WOULD OFFEND ARE THE GRIEFERS WHO PLAY TO WTF PWN, SMASH, TRASH, HUMILIATE, AND DRIVE OTHERS AWAY FROM THE GAME... AND NEGLIGENCE ON BOTH G1 + LO's PART HAVE ALLOWED THIS TOXIC SHIT CULTURE TO THRIVE AND WRECK THE TRUE JOY OF THIS AWESOME GAME.

BACK IN THE DAY... BEFORE THREAT SEGREGATION MADE LOWER THREATS A TARGET AND STARTED THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL... A RANK 10 GOLD WOULD HAVE TO COMPETE AGAINST 5 Bronzes and 2 Silvers (when threats were actually a TRUE reflection of skill)... and SOMETIMES the noobs would win and have a lot of fun... back when there used to be 2 million accounts and the game was still alive.

Go back to the more casual fun-times, allow HUMOR in the game so the TOXIC HATRED, RACE-BAITING, ETHNIC TRASHING, HACKUSATING, MURDEROUS TKing, SILVER/BRONZE DUMPING SHENANIGANS CAN FK OFF AND MAKE THE GAME GREAT AGAIN>>> AND FUNNY AGAIN... WHEN IT WASN"T ABOUT KILLING EVERYONE 50x BUT ACTUALLY BEING ON A TEAM THAT HELPED NOOBS BEAT GOLDS.

FFS bring back the original RTW threat system, but mask the THREAT COLORS... it worked so much better than the tweaked crap we have now that RUINED this GREAT GAME.
latest?cb=20100712232600

Edited by Hey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hey! said:

REMOVE COLORS~!~  MAKE THREAT INVISIBLE!~ HAVE INTERNAL COMPUTER CALCULATE THE ACTUAL HIDDEN THREAT/RANKS AND COMPENSATE LOWER RANKS WHEN VERSUS BETTER RANKED/SKILLED/THREAT PLAYERS... give them small health boost, weapon dmg boost or something... to compensate for their sheer dumb noobiness so they have a TINY chance to KILL someone and have a little fun and not QUIT.

Little Orbit has already made a statement on this matter and something similar has been in the works.

 

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

GIVE A LITTLE ABILITY DECREASE TO HIGHER RANKED/THREAT PLAYERS ONLY WHEN THEY ARE UNFAIRLY MATCHED VERSUS LOWER RANKS?THREATS... THAT WAY THE GOLD GODS GET A LITTLE CHALLENGE AND DON'T QUIT OUT OF BOREDOM SHOOTING DUMB FISH IN A POND.

unnecessary once Little Orbit has the global networking and matchmaking functioning together as planned.

you shouldn't run into situations like this as we do now .

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

THE ONLY PEOPLE THIS SYSTEM WOULD OFFEND ARE THE GRIEFERS WHO PLAY TO WTF PWN, SMASH, TRASH, HUMILIATE, AND DRIVE OTHERS AWAY FROM THE GAME... AND NEGLIGENCE ON BOTH G1 + LO's PART HAVE ALLOWED THIS TOXIC SHIT CULTURE TO THRIVE AND WRECK THE TRUE JOY OF THIS AWESOME GAME.

it offends me and i am not any of that. Little Orbit has better plans than this and i want a new thing that is much better than just a band aid that wont fix the real problems so no thank you.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

BACK IN THE DAY... BEFORE THREAT SEGREGATION MADE LOWER THREATS A TARGET AND STARTED THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL... A RANK 10 GOLD WOULD HAVE TO COMPETE AGAINST 5 Bronzes and 2 Silvers (when threats were actually a TRUE reflection of skill)... and SOMETIMES the noobs would win and have a lot of fun... back when there used to be 2 million accounts and the game was still alive.

this was due to a larger population back then and is not accurate to assume what you are implying.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

Go back to the more casual fun-times, allow HUMOR in the game so the TOXIC HATRED, RACE-BAITING, ETHNIC TRASHING, HACKUSATING, MURDEROUS TKing, SILVER/BRONZE DUMPING SHENANIGANS CAN FK OFF AND MAKE THE GAME GREAT AGAIN>>> AND FUNNY AGAIN... WHEN IT WASN"T ABOUT KILLING EVERYONE 50x BUT ACTUALLY BEING ON A TEAM THAT HELPED NOOBS BEAT GOLDS.

I do not follow this in full but part of it implies  how others perceive you and enjoying it. that is your choice to make it fun or not .

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

FFS bring back the original RTW threat system, but mask the THREAT COLORS... it worked so much better than the tweaked crap we have now that RUINED this GREAT GAME.

@NotZombieBiscuit ill leave this part to you since you explain it better than anyone else can lol ( btw ginger beer is pretty tasty i like it )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hey! said:

 back when there used to be 2 million accounts and the game was still alive.

latest?cb=20100712232600

2 million registered accounts (the claim was 3 btw) in a game that peaked somewhere around 150k players and lost 99%+ of it's player base in the first year. 

 

But yeah, let's bring back the threat system used in that time. 

Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...