Aeronaut

What's your first in-game mail?

d43dd721a1.png

I haven't even owned any Jericho kits until recently so this still kinda confuses me 😛

An automated message containing an item I listed on the auction so that it would be stored in a mail attachment instead of my inventory. There's like 20 of these, and nothing else because I delete everything else to keep my mailbox clean. Really wish all those lore mails weren't automatically deleted over time...

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

An automated message containing an item I listed on the auction so that it would be stored in a mail attachment instead of my inventory. There's like 20 of these, and nothing else because I delete everything else to keep my mailbox clean. Really wish all those lore mails weren't automatically deleted over time...

it is odd that lore messages get auto deleted. dumb stuff

Just now, Aeronaut said:

it is odd that lore messages get auto deleted. dumb stuff

Archaic online game design. They auto-delete to save on server load (storage space, specifically). Still a common thing in modern free to play titles too. Cut corners at the player's expense to save pennies wherever you can, so you maximize profits until the game inevitably dies because of your shitty design choices...

Just now, Hexerin said:

Archaic online game design. They auto-delete to save on server load (storage space, specifically). Still a common thing in modern free to play titles too. Cut corners at the player's expense to save pennies wherever you can, so you maximize profits until the game inevitably dies because of your shitty design choices...

...but when you see players who have +5000 unread mail messages...

hmmmmmm

24 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

...but when you see players who have +5000 unread mail messages...

hmmmmmm

Can't do it... My OCD prevents me from not checking my mail.

As soon as I get one, I hit up a mailbox or it just bothers me, even though it's just page after page of mission rewards and weapons from gold boxes. 

it was probably the first contact email, but i deleted it long ago to make more room for symbols and clothing

r1OqHOO.png

Delete nothing.

And damn I thought I could stretch my epeen a little longer by being the oldest account here but Aero beat me by 6 months.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

2 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Delete nothing.

And damn I thought I could stretch my epeen a little longer by being the oldest account here but Aero beat me by 6 months.

i'm all about that epeen

well fought.

• Thanks 1

These two are the oldest I could find.

There were older ones but I deleted them at some point, and only kept unique ones.

One is the perm 0 slot RFP from some event, and the other... the hell do I know. 

VIJhdYA.png

• Like 1

Did old mail get wiped at some point? I just checked on my main and everything that doesn't carry attachments (or did, at some point) has been deleted, it seems.

Would surprise me if I did it myself, I had some vintage-bugged-contact-mail™ in my inbox.

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Would this count, tho?

r2qqlX9.png

• Like 2

I don't keep my messagges, i hate to have something empty and useless only to remember a date.

I prefer to leave clean my mailbox, not only in apb but in general i liek to be in order.

4 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

i'm all about that epeen

well fought.

vvgg

but those other two mofos Revo may have us beat.

1 hour ago, Revoluzzer said:

Did old mail get wiped at some point?

There was some mailbox merge a few years ago maybe they were lost in that?

1 hour ago, Revoluzzer said:

Would this count, tho?

Only if you can give us pics of the SPSD Cruiser.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
lego my mofo

I deleted my first mail but it was a blank APB mail

I still get those now and then but  don't remember what they are for since they are empty mail

21 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I deleted my first mail but it was a blank APB mail I still get those now and then but  don't remember what they are for since they are empty mail

Old reward messages, from systems long removed. One of the myriad of systems leftovers that Gamersfirst/Reloaded was too lazy to fix.

Not sure this counts but here ya go

bZn2N0z.png

Edited by Zolerox
I know you told me not to show it but I couldn't resist hope you can forgive me.

So, to be clear ... we haven't actually lost the attachments?  Nothing was supposed to be attached, even though it says stuff like "your rewards are attached."?

I've gotten a few of these e-mails recently and was wondering where the attachments went to ...

And the fact that this is still a bug when this was occurring and identified back in 2011, etc is frustrating and will only confuse the crap out of newbies just starting the game.