Jump to content

Does RFP need a nerf?  

154 members have voted

  1. 1. Does RFP need a nerf?

    • Yes generally
      60
    • Yes on range
      58
    • No it's fine
      36


Recommended Posts

RFP is a pocket Obir as you know.

Would you change it? If yes how?

 

I would make spread wider with every shot in burst so its not that strong on range.

Edited by DonBlack
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind the RFP. 

It's certainly not a "pocket obir". 

But making it less useful in all situations might not be a bad idea. 

Hipfire accuracy nerf maybe. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It's certainly not a "pocket obir". 

47 effective meter range for the Fang, not a pocket obir

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

knock the ttk back so that it can no longer outshoot an obir under 50m

 

or

 

roll back the last buff it got to hipfire/accuracy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cheater said:

47 effective meter range for the Fang, not a pocket obir

it can actually kill people in 3 burst up to 52 due to overdamage .

 

unknown.png

 

 

I think it's minimum damage should be reduced , and it's hipfire accuracy mostly too , maybe a very slight rate of fire nerf so you can't just outplay an obir under 52 meters.

 

i honestly don't really know what to do to nerf the gun and keep it's feeling but it definetely needs some tweaks .

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cheater said:

47 effective meter range for the Fang, not a pocket obir

Obir is effective up to render distance.

Git Gud.

 

 

Jokes aside, as I said before the problem with the RFP isnt that its effective at range, its that its both effective at range AND cqc.

 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

@CookiePuss seems a lot of these threads are popping up. Maybe I should make a few of my own :^)

51YwGmz.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Obir is effective up to render distance.

Git Gud.

 

 

Jokes aside, as I said before the problem with the RFP isnt that its effective at range, its that its both effective at range AND cqc.

 

So knock off some of the range and drop the damage by a hair and its all good then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nite said:

So knock off some of the range and drop the damage by a hair and its all good then?

Yeah you could just make all RFP have the Talon base range of 30m.

Or just nerf the hipfire accuracy and leave it.

 

I doubt it will go unchanged once LO is able to focus on balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Obir is effective up to render distance.

Git Gud.

 

 

Jokes aside, as I said before the problem with the RFP isnt that its effective at range, its that its both effective at range AND cqc.

 

That's the point

now either you keep it as a ranged beast while nerfing its CQC capabilities
or you keep it as a trusty CQC sidearm (which is what it was designed for)

If they decide to go the ranged route, I'd love to get a 2rd burst sidearm that's cqc oriented... dreams

35 minutes ago, Nite said:

So knock off some of the range and drop the damage by a hair and its all good then?

that'd be the best, even without the damage nerf part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nitronik said:

That's the point.

That's probably why Ive said it 3 times in this thread already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

That's probably why Ive said it 3 times in this thread already.

at least you changed your mind... progress 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

at least you changed your mind... progress 🙂

Not really, I still dont mind the RFP, just as I didnt mind the Yukon and the HVR.

But if it will keep bad players from crying, I say whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah you could just make all RFP have the Talon base range of 30m.

Or just nerf the hipfire accuracy and leave it.

 

I doubt it will go unchanged once LO is able to focus on balance.

 

Keep in mind that just lowering the dropoff range increases the relative impact of the Fang's IR3, so while it would help when playing against it with ARs, it'll make the Fang seem more overpowered in comparison to the F2P version than it is now.

 

This is what I would do:

- Put the Talon in line with the other variants with 40m dropoff range. Come on LO, it's a bug, not a balance change...

- Set damage to 112 so a perfect 9 shot is required to kill a full HP target in 3 bursts. This'll also reduce its effective range indirectly. It will also reduce its effectiveness in hipfire due to the high likelihood of not hitting a full burst.

- Downgrade the Fang's Improved Rifling from level 3 to level 1 or 2 (not sure what the best option would be here). Another more risky option would be to replace it with HS3, since it has a scope after all. 

 

In all honesty, I would be perfectly fine with the RFP if the Fang wasn't a thing, or at least wasn't a straight upgrade over the standard RFP.  It's hard to fight the P2W stigma of this game with weapons like this.

Edited by Lyfeld
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replace ir3 on fang with ir1 or nerf base accuracy to make it harder cornerpopping and hit full burst from 40m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:

 

Keep in mind that just lowering the dropoff range increases the relative impact of the Fang's IR3, so while it would help when playing against it with ARs, it'll make the Fang seem more overpowered in comparison to the F2P version than it is now.

 

This is what I would do:

- Put the Talon in line with the other variants with 40m dropoff range. Come on LO, it's a bug, not a balance change...

- Set damage to 112 so a perfect 9 shot is required to kill a full HP target in 3 bursts. This'll also reduce its effective range indirectly. It will also reduce its effectiveness in hipfire due to the high likelihood of not hitting a full burst.

- Downgrade the Fang's Improved Rifling from level 3 to level 1 or 2 (not sure what the best option would be here). Another more risky option would be to replace it with HS3, since it has a scope after all. 

 

Those are interesting ideas. Well done.

48 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:

 It's hard to fight the P2W stigma of this game with weapons like this.

Especially because for some unknown reason it still hasn't been added to the joker store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fang is busted

fang users: 🐒

Edited by lauo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lauo said:

fang is busted

fang users: 🐒

I'm a .45 AP man myself. 

Sexiest gun in APB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lauo said:

fang is busted

fang users: 🐒

  • meme choice - A
  • meme format - C
  • meme execution - F

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't mind the RFP. 

It's certainly not a "pocket obir". 

But making it less useful in all situations might not be a bad idea. 

Hipfire accuracy nerf maybe. 

You're right. It isn't a pocket obir.

 

It is pretty much overall a better obir within the current meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You're right. It isn't a pocket obir.

 

It is pretty much overall a better obir within the current meta.

Seems odd to compare the two tbh... Other than being burst weapons, they don't play the same at all. 

 

And if you are comparing burst weapons, why not compare it to the superior OSCAR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Seems odd to compare the two tbh... Other than being burst weapons, they don't play the same at all. 

 

And if you are comparing burst weapons, why not compare it to the superior OSCAR?

Y'know that would be a more apt comparison.. 

 

Both behave quite similarly, as opposed to the OBIR which is off in a whole different range grouping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...