eazy-vinny

Cheaters more and more. (YES AGAIN)

On 1/14/2019 at 5:58 PM, CookiePuss said:

Let's be honest for a second... you could have posted this-

7ZcRTeE.jpg

and people would still hit you with the "hurr durr doesn't prove anything".

Its just how our community works.

Fr someone could go 80-3 with almost every badge and someone would say "doesnt prove anything or why wouldnt he change his game settings huhhh"

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Remember : the way some of you are saying to ban can and will be used against you , so is it really so bad now then?

Little Orbit is making sure that bans they do are legit and not shady like G1 did , which is a good thing.

And MattScott said himself they are in fact banning they just are not naming and shaming because it causes

toxic behavior which after a few months of doing things this way  has worked to make APB more pleasant to play.

After a few month of doing? You mean those month after which we are back at G1 low player counts? That's most likely the reason stuff got quite. And together with FF missing, which banned faster than BE even did,  the hackers have less to complain and stir up toxicity  since they don't have to reroll daily anymore.

The only real reason hackers are less around is that the game is now so low populated that they have no interesting target in APB anymore. The only good thing about making sure the bans are legit is that it does not ban falsely, but the slower rate of banning just makes sure that people cheating have not to reroll as often as before and this simply did change nothing  with the cheating issue. Jericho just doesn't notices that because it is already dead to a degree you never see waterfront being populated. And any cheater whos purpose it is to destroy other gamers fun surely do not go there because it's already too dead to be an interesting target.

The damage they did was well done, and I cannot even motivate all he old people I used to play with and that have 1000's of hours in APB. Instead they now really play top of the poop-pile games like Metin 2

Edited by LilyV3

There are some really good people at playing this game how ever I think 76 kills with 15 deaths could be a little exaggerated.But if you have and doubts about anyone being legit or not I suggest you to report them using the report command freshly revised and wait and see if you were right or not,spamming the forums about this matter is not exactly the right way to proceed on, beside complaining there is no other possible outcome.

I would agree with the fact that there's way too many cheaters in here. But I disagree with your screenshot Evidence. I myself have numerous times to scores like this with my older PC aswell. (35~  fps)

The facts:

Cheaters are here

Devs can’t do anything with them 

Devs should at least remove soft-botters/external cheaters (AHK/AU3) from the game by removing red crosshair. 

1 hour ago, PACwoMAN said:

The facts:

Cheaters are here

Devs can’t do anything with them 

Devs should at least remove soft-botters/external cheaters (AHK/AU3) from the game by removing red crosshair. 

I dunno, I kinda like the red crosshair when firing through smoke. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I dunno, I kinda like the red crosshair when firing through smoke. 

or trying to hit non visible parts of the hitbox, But guess making this feature exclusive for cheaters that see the hitbox is something PACwoMAN didn't think of.

Edited by LilyV3

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

or trying to hit non visible parts of the hitbox

Oh yeah... That's a good point. 

Imagine trying to hit that one pixel of exposed hitbox over the mobile shield without the red crosshair. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh yeah... That's a good point. 

Imagine trying to hit that one pixel of exposed hitbox over the mobile shield without the red crosshair. 

Imagine how female models suddenly become more Op due to less visible pixels, and everyone running around nude to show less pixels xD

The greatest feature of APB is simply it's customisation and how it does not impact hitboxes so customisaton has no impact on the gameplay. Such a change would heavily break with that mechanic.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 7:56 AM, Sayori said:

BE can definitely kick your butt for using winapi functions. The thing is there are no automatic bans in APB, "the team" is "reviewing" and "reevaluating" every flagged account.

Matt Scott is well aware of how widespread is cheating but if he's going to doubledown on it, the playerbase will get even smaller. He's probably waiting APB to get big through BR before cracking down ...which is never going to happen.

I see your point, I mean cheaters from "certain" countries dominate our servers.  It's ridiculous to think they will have any investment in the game other than hack so hard they make millions in in-game cash to buy legendaries.  FSo I wonder myself why the CEO of a game lets foreign players hack the game to hell and drive away the American "paying" playerbase, it just makes no logical sense.  I mean seriously, log in and you need command of foreign languages to follow the District chat, that's how bad it is. I'm not sayimg Americans don't have cheaters but dang.... how many legit Russians have you played on Citadel?

8 hours ago, liav said:

I would agree with the fact that there's way too many cheaters in here. But I disagree with your screenshot Evidence. I myself have numerous times to scores like this with my older PC aswell. (35~  fps)

Yea I have too, but it's the consistency, you play these guys a lot and they consistently get scores way outside the average of anyone else.  At least FF had a system designed to track that.

21 hours ago, Sayori said:

Or that's the only logical explanation?

Because if you are the CEO, you sure as hell don't wanna kill the game before your revival project has been completed. But you can start banning people if there was enough players.

-snip-

I can appreciate this line of reasoning. I don't want the game to die and do want a (if any /places tin foil hat on) revival project for this game to be a success... but I stand by my original opinion of what this game needs now to resolve both the overqualified players who troll weaker districts and the rank cheaters.

1. RAPID temp kicks for suspicious players. (This gets them out of mission. Players see SOMETHING is being done.  If it's unfair, it's just a temp kick for a few minutes because you are so "pro" and maybe playing too pro for the guys/district you're on.
2. Players who get repeatedly kicked can petition for a review.  If it's found their legit brilliant players, perhaps settings can be tweaked to give them a wider toleration HOWEVER under no circumstances for the Bronze district.
3. Players who are actually cheating will get annoyed they can't complete missions and rack up the millions of in-game cash to buy legendaries and sell them irl for dollars which is why they invest in the cheats for a dying game... and maybe this will reduce that incentive and thereby diminish the actual cheaters.
4. Toxic cheaters who simply like to destroy games and WTFpwn players will still be able to do so, but their antics will be much shorter lived so their video streams will show a lot of kicks to the curb.

Quick, but temporary kicks with 15 min lockout.

15 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

I see your point, I mean cheaters from "certain" countries dominate our servers.  It's ridiculous to think they will have any investment in the game other than hack so hard they make millions in in-game cash to buy legendaries.  FSo I wonder myself why the CEO of a game lets foreign players hack the game to hell and drive away the American "paying" playerbase, it just makes no logical sense.  I mean seriously, log in and you need command of foreign languages to follow the District chat, that's how bad it is. I'm not sayimg Americans don't have cheaters but dang.... how many legit Russians have you played on Citadel?

That's some interesting Xenophobia you just displayed right there. 

"foreign players"

"American paying player base"

I think your MAGA hat might be on too tight my guy. 

I mean sure, lets have an American only APB... should be dozens of us. 🤣

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That's some interesting Xenophobia you just displayed right there. 

"foreign players"

"American paying player base"

I think your MAGA hat might be on too tight my guy. 

I mean sure, lets have an American only APB... should be dozens of us. 🤣

Are you seriously... wearing that SPCT tag, going to PRETEND the Russians haven't taken over Citadel or that Brazilians haven't taken over Jericho... or that cheater clans from these respective countries don't dominate or fill the district chat with their language?  Now let me ask you an HONEST question.  How many English speaking players have been kicked from missions unjustly, simply because they aren't Brazilian or Russian?  And then tell ME about your melting snowflake leftist "xenophobia."  Not an AMERICAN ONLY.... I mean hardly any Americans left playing AT ALL.

There is such a thing as "reverse discrimination."  Once there were enough Russians and Brazilians to have their own servers.  Do you REALLY think all of them combined playing here has had a "positive" impact on the non-Russian/non-Brazilian playerbase?  Or that you should use ridiculous politically laden terms like "xenophobia" to hide these problems under the rug?  Because the TRULY xenophobic guys are the ones who kick anyone who doesn't write in Cyrillic... or spams District chat calling every non-Brazilian a "gringo" (racial put-down). How many Americans... let alone anyone else... is going to be happy logging into a game like that? The answer is they WON'T and they don't.

It's GAME-KILLING.

Edited by Rebelliousness

5 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

Are you seriously... wearing that SPCT tag, going to PRETEND the Russians haven't taken over Citadel or that Brazilians haven't taken over Jericho... or that cheater clans from these respective countries don't dominate or fill the district chat with their language?  Now let me ask you an HONEST question.  How many English speaking players have been kicked from missions unjustly, simply because they aren't Brazilian or Russian?  And then tell ME about your melting snowflake leftist "xenophobia."  Not an AMERICAN ONLY.... I mean hardly any Americans left playing AT ALL.

I can't speak for Citadel. I get like 250ms there. But I'm not sure why more players is a bad thing simply because they are Russian. 

As for Jericho I seem to remember a dead pop being saved by an influx of new players from Hoplon.

I also play Jericho pretty much every day and have for years and have not been kicked from a single match for being an American.

Have you considered the more likely scenario that  you may just be disliked? 

5 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

i’ve been playing apb for almost a decade now and i’ve never been kicked, or even teamkilled, because i’m not brazilian lmao

i also see far more english speaking players being toxic in /d (although one could argue that i just can’t understand the occasional foreign language - but then if you can’t understand it, is it really toxic?)

not to to mention that the (imo) most well-known/most active current cheater speaks fluent english 

33 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

Yea I have too, but it's the consistency, you play these guys a lot and they consistently get scores way outside the average of anyone else.  At least FF had a system designed to track that.

i... dont get this. at all.

lets see

33 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

I see your point, I mean cheaters from "certain" countries dominate our servers.

ok, he is eather talking about brazilians or russians, those are your vanilla "H4CKz0R g4M3s the great UNION sH0ulD N00K3 3v3Ry D4y!!!!!"

36 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

FSo I wonder myself why the CEO of a game lets foreign players hack the game to hell and drive away the American "paying" playerbase

oh, he is talking about brazilians. also, are you impling that only americans pay?

because im from south america, living in south america, and i've spent between 90 and 120 dollars in this game. (and i would put more if i wouldnt be so uncertain about how much this game will remain alive)

i also know foreigners that put a lot of money on this game, from friends of mine to people i cross in the action districts with premium stuff that are clarely not from the US.

37 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

how many legit Russians have you played on Citadel?

...and now you talk about the russians? why do you care about citadel? after all, only americans pay.

on top of all that:

9 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

1. RAPID temp kicks for suspicious players.

and how do you know what a "suspicious player" is? "he gets reported a lot?" gimme a break, in this game reporting anybody who killed you is already musle memory to many players.

"fairfight said so"? yeeaaah, beacause fairfight flagging worked sooooo well last time

... and as i was writing the response, this arrived:

6 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

do you play in the bronze districts or something? i play in jericho,  i've never crossed a hacking brazilian actually, and its pretty uncommon to see portuguese in any chat at all, at least in the action districts.

"kicked from missions for not being a brazilian or russian"? first, you need a demerit to get kicked, and second, i asure you having a silver icon next to your name grants you a lot more chances to get kicked than to be from any certain place.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I can't speak for Citadel. I get like 250ms there. But I'm not sure why more players is a bad thing simply because they are Russian. 

As for Jericho I seem to remember a dead pop being saved by an influx of new players from Hoplon.

I also play Jericho pretty much every day and have for years and have not been kicked from a single match for being an American.

Have you considered the more likely scenario that  you may just be disliked? 

Do me a favor... log into Citadel and just follow the chat.  If you want to play a few matches.  The problem isn't "Russians" it's cliques of Russians, many of whom cheat.  Now... we have POPULATION.  Conversely the "population" we have is out of control and not healthy for any OTHER population, is the point.  I get kicked routinely on Citadel IF... and WHEN I write something in English.  They didn't seem to dislike me before when they were writing to me in Cyrillic. And yes, Jericho has a problem with Brazlian cheaters as well, and also hostile toward non-Brazilians.  I mean look at the times in District chat they call out "gringo."  Seriously, foreigners calling Americans foreigners on an American server... and that's okay? When the US server is populated predominantly by Brazilians... don't you think it warrants an evaluation?
"
Oh wait it's easier to blame me personally.  Yeah, it's no problem at all,,, nothing to see here, move along.
sand-2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

Do me a favor... log into Citadel and just follow the chat.  If you want to play a few matches.  The problem isn't "Russians" it's cliques of Russians, many of whom cheat.  Now... we have POPULATION.  Conversely the "population" we have is out of control and not healthy for any OTHER population, is the point.  I get kicked routinely on Citadel IF... and WHEN I write something in English.  They didn't seem to dislike me before when they were writing to me in Cyrillic. And yes, Jericho has a problem with Brazlian cheaters as well, and also hostile toward non-Brazilians.  I mean look at the times in District chat they call out "gringo."  Seriously, foreigners calling Americans foreigners on an American server... and that's okay? When the US server is populated predominantly by Brazilians... don't you think it warrants an evaluation?
"
Oh wait it's easier to blame me personally.  Yeah, it's no problem at all,,, nothing to see here, move along.
sand-2.jpg

You realize it's a North American, and not a US server, right?  So that already includes English, Spanish, and French speaking players. You have to be pretty thin skinned to let a little Portuguese ruin your day

On top of that the Hoplon players were invited to Jericho by the game's owner, and re-welcomed by Little Orbit. 

And as for blaming you... If you are the only one having this issue with being kicked... Chances are that it's a "you" problem and not a "they" problem. Then again what do I know... I've never even added anyone to my ignore lists. 

Edited by CookiePuss

9 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

I mean look at the times in District chat they call out "gringo." 

it probably happened 1 or 2 times and you're making a big fuss about it. i've never seen it happening, its far from being a "00000hHhHhh 1T h4Pp3ND5 5LL d4H T1m333333!!!!!!"

on top of that, im not being attacked by brazilians any more than any other players. (i normally dont write in non-english, and i tend to not use voip. normally people doesnt know im not from the US)

it seems like you are the problem, not them.

30 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

lets see

ok, he is eather talking about brazilians or russians, those are your vanilla "H4CKz0R g4M3s the great UNION sH0ulD N00K3 3v3Ry D4y!!!!!"

... and as i was writing the response, this arrived:

do you play in the bronze districts or something? i play in jericho,  i've never crossed a hacking brazilian actually, and its pretty uncommon to see portuguese in any chat at all, at least in the action districts.

Dude, you have ZERO credibility. none.

Citadel%20chat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

Citadel%20chat.jpg

Oh no! Cyrillic!!!!!

How did you survive that???

"I'm not a snowflake like you lefties."

"Aaaaaaaaah a foreign language, HELP!!!"

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Oh no! Cyrillic!!!!!

How did you survive that???

"I'm not a snowflake like you lefties."

"Aaaaaaaaah a foreign language, HELP!!!"

I guess you overlook the part where many of them cheat, and they are hostile to non-Russians, but hey... shit all over me for simply saying.  It's not my game... and more and more I'm not interested in playing.  it just deteriorating sadly. And hey I spent over 2000 USD on Armas. Losing players like me definitely doesn't help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebelliousness said:

i see no portuguese in there, and even if it were all portuguese, it would only show that it happened 1 time, not that its a "rampant problem" (if you can call it a problem).

btw, i never said anything about citadel, i stated i play in jericho, you on the other hand has stated that jericho has a "8RaZZz1L14N PrU8l3m", riiiiight... here:

36 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

And yes, Jericho has a problem with Brazlian cheaters as well, and also hostile toward non-Brazilians.  I mean look at the times in District chat they call out "gringo."  Seriously, foreigners calling Americans foreigners on an American server... and that's okay? When the US server is populated predominantly by Brazilians... don't you think it warrants an evaluation?

wich i fail to see, as i rarely see portuguese in the chat, i have never seen brazilians being hostile more than american players, and i rarely see brazilians cheating (at least in this game)

49 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

While Hoplon *DID* bring a needed boost to pop (Jericho) when the servers originally died, this is no longer the case. We now have more than enough players that if Hoplon was recreated, we'd still have plenty of people. It's not "xenophobia" to state factually correct arguments like Russians and Brazilians cover the majority of the cheater-base. A certain popular cheat provider is literally based in Brazil. Problem is, a lot of sketchy shit happens after-hours. From about 5PM EST onwards, Brazilians basically invade the server and the amount of sketchy or otherwise questionable actions rises substantially. This is not a placebo either, I noticed the questionable actions long before I noticed that is was mainly Brazilians doing them.

Xenophobia is judgement without base. Simply hating another country or it's people because it isn't/they aren't yours. I don't hate people from Brazil, I don't hate Brazil. I just hate the fact that a lot of cheaters come from it and I wish we could bring back Hoplon so that we wouldn't have to be the main victims of such a group.

Remember kids, facts don't care about your ideals, they're not racist.

Edited by NotTheEnforcer
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i see no portuguese in there, and even if it were all portuguese, it would only show that it happened 1 time, not that its a "rampant problem" (if you can call it a problem).

btw, i never said anything about citadel, i stated i play in jericho, you on the other hand has stated that jericho has a "8RaZZz1L14N PrU8l3m", riiiiight... here:

wich i fail to see, as i rarely see portuguese in the chat, i have never seen brazilians being hostile more than american players, and i rarely see brazilians cheating (at least in this game)

I had been talking primarily about Citadel.  Why should I alter my subject since someone elected to derail it in defense of Brazilians on Jericho?