Lixil

APB Holiday Events 2018 (Updated)

8 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Okay, okay, wait a second here. Didn't you claim to have learned a lesson from the Halloween event, and yet you're doing the exact same thing of requiring people to participate 10 out of 14 days the event is available to get the skin? What gives?

This is absolutely ridiculous LO: you can't constantly be requiring people to be playing APB every day for every event you roll out. What's more, you're requiring this DURING CHRISTMAS where people are on vacation and trying to spend time with their families, and you're requiring them to take time off nearly every day, leave their families, and play APB. What if someone was away for Christmas, as I'm sure many people are, and can't play APB for 5 days during the event?

Have some Christmas spirit dude, let people get shit while, IDK, celebrating Christmas? Please tell me there's some mistake or I'm reading something wrong.

is there a part where it says you can only do 1 daily per day?

i was hoping they had learned their lesson and the dailies were unlimited (or at least 5 per day)

10 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

the exact same thing of requiring people to participate 10 out of 14 days the event is available to get the skin? What gives?

The activities work in both the event district and Beacon, so in 5 days you're done already.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

The activities work in both the event district and Beacon, so in 5 days you're done already.

^this^

19 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

is there a part where it says you can only do 1 daily per day?

i was hoping they had learned their lesson and the dailies were unlimited (or at least 5 per day)

I guess I just assumed dailies were once a day still, lol.

17 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

That's a step up at least. I still don't get why they'd do it this way, but it's not terrible per se. That reward list should be moved so that it's not under just Slay Bells section though, or this should be clarified, because the way I read it was a totally legitimate way to read it (if not the only technically correct way to read it.)

Edited by Kewlin

37 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Okay, okay, wait a second here. Didn't you claim to have learned a lesson from the Halloween event, and yet you're doing the exact same thing of requiring people to participate 10 out of 14 days the event is available to get the skin? What gives?

Sorry about that. I have edited the post for clarity. You can finish in 5 days total.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Sorry about that. I have edited the post for clarity. You can finish in 5 days total.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I've updated the post with all the rewards.

Slay Bells starts on December 19th through January 2nd.

Thanks,
Matt

I'll get to work on a steam guide.

Merry Christmas  Matt Scott and Matt's beard may you be extra merry this holiday season.

Ho-ho-ho..w long till we get AA skin account bound?

what's this?

48281546_2272768582756691_64428300049286

mini complaint. (I'd be forever grateful if the play testers that took the screenshots could upload them in 1080p resolution if possible.)

The images here (sent from a mac laptop)

are quite low res. The main image 

Forum topicwC6xUSp.png

Blog post

news-12.jpg?v=53376-102

slay bells news post

My point is (I know they are small for optimization) but higher resolution screenshots at least would help, it's hard to read what's on here

slay-map.jpg

the original 1920x1080's would be nice (unless these really were shot on a Macintosh)

@MattScott Where do we post Submissions for "ugly sweater" contest ?

Edited by Zolerox

3 hours ago, Zolerox said:

what's this?

48281546_2272768582756691_64428300049286

i wanna day that’s the logo/name for one of the teams in the event 

3 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Where do we post Submissions for "ugly sweater" contest ?

That is on either of the Social Media (Twitter and Facebook) with #APBXMAS included in the message. You could probably just reply to their original posts about the contest (but do include the hashtag)

The Facebook post and the tweet about the contest are now linked in here as well

Icon is done (2 versions)

Now I wait for the event to begin...

fOyNYqT.png

see Through eyes.

27lpdmq.png

Edited by Zolerox

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

Icon is done (2 versions)

Now I wait for the event to begin...

fOyNYqT.png

see Through eyes.

27lpdmq.png

Yo are you on citadel? I would pay you atleast 50k+ for tattoo design. Not for this one ofc, I would ask you for individual orderS:)

Really? You guys are still using the failed daily thing for rewards? The tried and true grinding tiers works best for events and allows those with multi chars to get it done before the end of the event (not to mention those with busy scheds arent left out if they miss afew days)

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Really? You guys are still using the failed daily thing for rewards? The tried and true grinding tiers works best for events and allows those with multi chars to get it done before the end of the event (not to mention those with busy scheds arent left out if they miss afew days)

You only need participate 5 of the 14 days to complete.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You only need participate 5 of the 14 days to complete.

Some ppl can barely do 5. Work + school + sick mom (in my case) it takes up all your time. There are others out there who work 24/7 and couldnt get in the autumn event or the halloween to complete all the days. Having a required amount of logins just doesnt work for some, it gears towards the no lives not so much the everyday gamer.

Edited by Darkzero3802

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Some ppl can barely do 5. Work + school + sick mom (in my case) it takes up all your time. There are others out there who work 24/7 and couldnt get in the autumn event or the halloween to complete all the days. Having a required amount of logins just doesnt work for some, it gears towards the no lives not so much the everyday gamer.

Maybe they should just GIVE everyone the rewards?

*giggles*

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe they should just GIVE everyone the rewards?

*giggles*

Maby they just should if they keep screwing up events like they have

22 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Maby they just should if they keep screwing up events like they have

Back to role unlocks 80s....

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Well fuck you for having a sick mom, aren't you dedicated?

29 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Well fuck you for having a sick mom, aren't you dedicated?

I love my mom and want her to be comfy as she does kemo for her breast cancer.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

I love my mom and want her to be comfy as she does kemo for her breast cancer.

It was a (dark) joke, my mom and two grandparents died of cancer and I totally get that having to take care of someone takes time and makes your schedule unpredictable.

On looking back, I hope I didn't upset you, I was siding with you.

❤️

this thread is getting a little too touchy feely y'all, lets wind it back a few notches

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

It was a (dark) joke, my mom and two grandparents died of cancer and I totally get that having to take care of someone takes time and makes your schedule unpredictable.

On looking back, I hope I didn't upset you, I was siding with you.

❤️

Nah not at all. Just saying it as it is (as I always do)

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 2:45 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Nah not at all. Just saying it as it is (as I always do)

Focus on what's important  kinda sucks the event is structured like this (and only goes for 2 weeks+)

Going to 9 different funerals in 2 weeks really hits you hard with depression last thing I wanna do is play an event for 5 days fighting people that spam V (switch shoulder) looking like a crackhead trippin'.

I've been a bit distant with some people around me "trying not to get attached" just results in being cold trying not to be hurt when someone I see everyday isn't there anymore.

1st team of the event

48363101_2272768579423358_26247816885672

2nd team of the event.

48362541_2272863692747180_73446742798263

3rd team of the event

48418694_2272864912747058_92193182147925

Edited by Zolerox

Why would you make the mistake of making it so that we have to do the daily events to get all the rewards? Some people just want to grind the event to get all the items on multiple characters. This means we have to log in and do daily activities on multiple characters, in 2 different districts, on 5 separate days. Having the roles just like all the previous years would just be way better imo.

4 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Going to 9 different funerals in 2 weeks really hits you hard with depression. . .

Oh shit.