Lixil

APB Holiday Events 2018 (Updated)

13 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Yeah, at the start of the event I kinda' resigned myself to only getting my dailies from Beacon. . . let's see if even that works, lol.

It will take u 10 days to complete that way with no shot at the slayer title. if u do both beacon and slay bells it will take u 10 days to get slayer pending you dont miss a daily for all 10 days. In layman terms @MattScotts idea of halfing the time with 2 dailies doesnt work if theres no population to keep both districts running all day and one that requires a high population to even startup.

• Like 1

Decals are pretty low res and same as epidemic rewards They didn't "mask" the symbols there is outlines and extra crap 

This is WITH a black background

C03B2F5222ECA99E52EE85057D6D99596DC1E9B6

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Decals are pretty low res and same as epidemic rewards They didn't "mask" the symbols there is outlines and extra crap 

This is WITH a black background

C03B2F5222ECA99E52EE85057D6D99596DC1E9B6

Then teach them how to convert images into APB symbols like every serious symbol creator does. I know it's meant to be on the down low because some people make apb$$$$ with it but yeah.

Sincerely,

Monolillity

2 hours ago, Monolillity said:

Then teach them how to convert images into APB symbols like every serious symbol creator does. I know it's meant to be on the down low because some people make apb$$$$ with it but yeah.

Sincerely,

Monolillity

Decals and preset symbols are not the same thing. These are not and should not be presets.

Guide's done (to the most of human ability)

Slay Bells - Christmas 2018 - Event <-- Screenshot of EVERY reward.

Unlike my previous guide I actually completed it BEFORE the event ends.

I'm waiting for the slayer title.

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

Not enough players Need 10 for Frosty Dynamic Event Financial-1 for Slay bells event. The event needs 12 to start whenever i get on it is practically no population or not enough players to start.

I only need 1 more daily for 'slayer' title. 😞

By last Sunday I had to accept and acknowledge that I couldn't get the last achievement with my work schedule even if the population levels were ok.
It feels very much like this event was going on the assumption that people most people work a 9-5 job and with weekends off, Which maybe the case but who is the target market of this game and what is their time availability like?

But for a lot of people that's not the case and work longer hours, or have multiple jobs, travel time and other personal commitments are factors.

There is not enough hours in the day and the community's world doesn't revolve around APB even if Little Orbit's professional world mostly does!

Indeed the Slayer title if for the hard core completionists but that doesn't mean those that didn't get the title aren't completionists.

The time frame was ok but population levels and what the population is generally doing in game are not a constant.

My last criticism is that again the event had 3 teams...

PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS A FREQUENT HABIT!

The server population levels low and it makes the minimum game start requirement higher, Team mate numbers are lower while the total number of opponent is higher.

It's nice to have a challenge but if it's going to be every holiday event then it's just feel try hard and sometimes a luck draw of what teammates you get.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

~snip~

I mean, it was never intended to be a title obtainable by the casual gamer. It was intended for those with the time and dedication needed to achieve it. 

I don't see the problem in rewarding those players with exclusive stuff tbh. 

(And no I didn't even come close to getting the title)

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, it was never intended to be a title obtainable by the casual gamer. It was intended for those with the time and dedication needed to achieve it. 

I don't see the problem in rewarding those players with exclusive stuff tbh. 

(And no I didn't even come close to getting the title)

I would have gotten it on my crim if slay bells had been run the last day but nobody bothered so gg

but i managed to get it on my main forcer

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I would have gotten it on my crim if slay bells had been run the last day but nobody bothered so gg

but i managed to get it on my main forcer

Nice!

It is a pretty cool title. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Nice!

It is a pretty cool title. 

Yup, im flaunting it with my hoddie (and no pants) come take a look 😛

6 hours ago, VickyFox said:

By last Sunday I had to accept and acknowledge that I couldn't get the last achievement with my work schedule even if the population levels were ok.
It feels very much like this event was going on the assumption that people most people work a 9-5 job and with weekends off, Which maybe the case but who is the target market of this game and what is their time availability like?

But for a lot of people that's not the case and work longer hours, or have multiple jobs, travel time and other personal commitments are factors.

There is not enough hours in the day and the community's world doesn't revolve around APB even if Little Orbit's professional world mostly does!

Indeed the Slayer title if for the hard core completionists but that doesn't mean those that didn't get the title aren't completionists.

The time frame was ok but population levels and what the population is generally doing in game are not a constant.

My last criticism is that again the event had 3 teams...

PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS A FREQUENT HABIT!

The server population levels low and it makes the minimum game start requirement higher, Team mate numbers are lower while the total number of opponent is higher.

It's nice to have a challenge but if it's going to be every holiday event then it's just feel try hard and sometimes a luck draw of what teammates you get.

Some things are unavoidable Vicky like server pop. Yes its low and yes LO could have made it so slay bells started with 6 ppl instead of the out of this world 12 like they did so it would have been much easier to get slayer. If we had the pop slay bells would have run all day like the gun game did. gun game ran 24/7 the entire event cause it ran with few ppl required to start. LO did better this time round then the last few events but it wasnt perfect as laid out by slay bells being dead 95% of the day.

I do agree tho that @MattScott needs to drop this whole BR type setup untill server pop is high enough to support it. As it stands its only making things worse instead of better.

What??? I didnt get the skin upon completion.

must have had something to do with the server update since, I got it right before the game was patched. Rip :<

I did all the achievements apart from the Ho ho ho... 2018 on my main (and all minus that and gun-runner on my main crim too). I also gave that Ho ho ho-thing a go on my main late in the event, but it's really a pain in the neck with this community and specially the population levels. I got little over halfway it during one good session, but then the FC population died for the night and next 3 days literally nobody was handing out gifts during my online hours. It didn't help that 90% of people were using meta weapons and sweating really hard when some of us tried to make use of waywardly modded bullsharks and other nonsense the santa boxes gave us.

Also I got really scared at one point, when one daily didn't for whatever reason count towards the santa slayer on my main. Luckily I had still one extra day left when I was done on that, having played 10 days in a row which was only possible due to having easier than expected work schedule on 27th and 28th... Had those days been lost due to work (like the start of the event before 22nd day was) I would have just called it quits at that point and not bothered to play at all on subsequent days.

Most people who I know got everything.... they just grouped-up with someone on the other faction (random or a friend), not really playing the game anymore, but, just farming the rewards / dailies as quickly as possible together. Might be wise to be careful with pushing event-requirements that encourage this trend.

• Like 2

Little Orbit's event structure is flawed i saw this coming when epidemic came out I have 3 problems with the way they handle "event schedules" and rewards.

I'll try to keep this clean and not stumble over myself (doesn't help that My account has a permanent /drunkstatus )

(had to use spoilers this got bigger then I thought it would)

(click the spoilers 5778 characters of text.)

1. The rewards

The actual rewards "symbols" are armas only And were never released to the F2P public meaning a lot of players are confused "wtf i completed the event i still have decals and symbols missing, bug ? "

My guide below lists EVERY single reward you get from Epidemic (without buying with g1c) if you did every role and achievement.

EPIDEMIC - WALK THROUGH (Steam Version)

Here's a short list if what you get :

Level 1 - Title = 'Infected' 

Level 2 - Weapon Skin "choice" = Halloween/ Bats , Pumpkin or ghost . With the option to just pick 250 joker tickets instead

Level 3 - Title = 'Contagious'

Level 4 - Weapon Skin "choice" = Halloween/ Necrocite , Zombicine or Undedox . With the option to just pick 250 joker tickets instead

Level 5 - Primitive's (only 2) = Biohazard and Scales (dragon scales)

Level 6 - Clothing Item (backpacks) "choice" = Skull , Monster or Pumpkin /backpack

Level 7 - 3 more Primitives (the logo for each team) =  Necrocite , Undedox and Zombicine

Level 8 - Same as level 4 rewards

(note they did add a "login reward" to just give people 1 more chance to get all 3 "new" skins)

"but zole dole that sounds good what's wrong with those rewards?" what's wrong? I'll tell ya,

first They made over 20 primitives for "Halloween" and 4 logo's on top of that (not even including the decals) and those 20 are Armas Only and never rewarded during the event or even months after (it's been an year still no f2p release)

These are the items you were "missing" from the Epidemic event,

Halloween Animal Symbol Sheet

Halloween Costume Symbol Sheet

6 decals. Which you also don't get in the event.

Epidemic Decal Sheet

So.

the image below everything with "red square outlines" are the primitives and decals that can ONLY be bought on armas.

S1Ruo8i.png

(side note i have an artistic issue with these decals , the white outline and the fact they didn't make solo decals for each team's icon 'zombicine's' decal can be easily cropped to just see the skull)

(not gonna bother with the fact they sold bat wings on armas for g1c too much salt)

200 g1c each. So that's 1 problem "armas only" rewards in events (did i mention this event "slay bells" did it too?"

Slay Bells... the armas mistake part 2.

I have no issue with "giving the people with no time to complete the event" an easy way to purchase the decals i understand that.

However when you Completely remove any chance of someone just completing the event to get the "new" primitives and ONLY

sell them on armas that's an issue, same as last event here's the short list of rewards and a link to the "armas only" symbols.

Holiday Symbol Bundle

I even Already made a picture to state the difference.

Sdax77U.jpg

The "red square outline" ones Are the rewards you get from slay bells the rest are ONLY on armas and bought with g1c.

20 Primitives for "Slay Bells" are armas only hmm... sounds familiar...

Guide Link again:

Slay Bells - Christmas 2018 - Event (steamy)

Rewards run down

(each level had A. primary reward you got anyway and B. a reward you had to pick (you only got 1) so I'll shorthand those)

Decals you could pick 1 per level

'Nut Crackers'

'Snow Ballers'

'Pain Deer'

'Stalk Kings'

'Scrooge Squad'

'Missile Toes'

'Frosty Freezers'

'Silent Knights'

Level 1 - 'Bell-Ringer' title

Level 2 - 2 primitives 'stocking 1 & 2'

Level 3 -  2 primitives 'Santa hat 1  & 2'

Level 4 -  1 clothing item (new) 'Elf Ears' It's a direct rip from the "elf hat" clothing item they just removed the ears and made it a standalone item.

Level 5 - 2 primitives - 'Reindeer' and 'Polar Bear'

Level 6 - 2 primitives - 'Dreidel' and 'Christmas Star'

Level 7 - 1 clothing item (this is is actually 100% new) 'Rudolph Nose' Glows constantly (and in the dark of course) colour able I'm waiting for someone to make a cool outfit with it "look like HAL 9000  or something i dunno"

Level 8 - 2 primitives - 'Christmas Tree' and "Christmas Bauble'

Level 9 - 1 Weapon skin  'Santa's Sleigh' yes this is also 100% new content (or a slightly better Christmas-holly version I like it.)

and other things like daily's and achievements (guide link is up there if you wanna see images of any of these rewards)

So the problem? well I already showed you a picture (the one with red square outlines) of how many "rewards" were never included and only sold on armas so let's start on the decals... 

where do i start

- The art style

No issue here.

-The art Quality

Let's get started on those

I'll single out the one's i have issues with

This one.... It's missing it's string (it's black not white so it blends into my background)

DFB51BC6C331EBF39AFA30189C0C25A5034564BC

not going to post every picture but DAMN

The "quality" of these 'decals' are so damn low keep in mind this "digital fuzz" on the images is apb's fault the engine does that to images (ever noticed when you're selecting a character your rank icons look fuzzy and random pixels all over)

496CBEE047CAD45343F2062BB70CE112E813693D

another issue is the fact they are Ripped Directly from the HUD (the icons they used during the event) they even have the "little black circle" that goes around the icon so it fits into the HUD

even the armas page uses black backgrounds so you don't actually see what the symbol really looks like.

Slay Bells Decal Sheet

Compare what the decal looks like with no background (it's set to white)

352AEE2994B03FD3729FD8D7742F14562D9E40F1

To what it looks like on the HUD (notice the black circle they made to "blend" into the hud)

siUrWMv.png

Both images have those blocky "digital fuzz" problems but the icon just hides it better.

Again it wouldn't be as bad if they at least released the "standalone" skull decal 

Here's a rushed mock up i made

xSle0x9.png

(Frankenstein)

<characters 2142>

2. The Schedule

So I saw this problem from a mile away the millisecond they released epidemic a event where you have to "complete daily activitys" It was going to be one of those events were if your not here for the beginning your gonna be scrooge-ed out of some event rewards (hell even autumn assault had a bad schedule on top of the fact the same 3 people kept winning)

I now realise why g1 did the events the way they did, the whole "OMG L O are actually doing holiday events when the holidays are actually running" was a bad thing and at the time it felt like I was the only

person to see the problems with that.

Let me make it simple for yall rite here rite naw,

Starting an in game Christmas event which on top of everything is "daily dependant" during actual Christmas means it takes time out of spending Christmas with your actual family and enjoying Christmas.

Here's 7 seconds showing another game that knows this problem and just goes "ehh who needs family"

Starting events weeks (in the usual g1 way) before the actual holidays start worked and if you wanna keep doing the "daily activitys" way of events go ahead "complete the entire event in 5 out of 12 days" doesn't count if even 1 reward requires 10 days.

Don't even bother with "but that makes it exclusive" that word's been dead for years long before the LCR.

General rule for APB events , they should be completable with a small amount of players (after everyone does their dailys they just all log off unless the event is a lot of fun *cough butcher*)

So what did we learn, Daily activity events ensure people play the event for longer instead of just grinding for 1 day and never touching the event again (not in LO's best interest what good's an event you can complete in 2 days?)

Don't schedule events like AA when everyone's either at work or school 

If you HAVE to use daily's make 'All' rewards completable in half the event's run time

(if event goes for 2 weeks all rewards should be obtainable within 7 days.)

And as always, Bring back Dynamic events or at least the 'original Easter event' "The Butcher a.k.a. Hot Cross Gun"

And 

(won't even need a spoiler)

3. Daily Events

Less of a complaint more of a suggestion,

In short , Bring back Dynamic events (they caused fps issues fix that and they would be golden) Drug Mule (enforcers answer to Ram raiding alt's) and The Butcher (Easter event from 2015 re-skinned)

And fix the "event tracker" and set up a schedule for daily events g1 did "player's make up an idea for a daily event" thing a while back that was alot of fun

"Kill 5 Team mates"

Then tiggs went crazy and gave out OPGL codes for the

"get 5 explosive kills" event

and we had lvl 15's destroying entire rows of cars (and mostly killing themselves in the process)

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Zolerox said:

~snip~

I entirely agree on all points.