CommandantSteele

Community poll: Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?

Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?

• Yes, Crouchspamming is a problem and should be looked at/fixed.
    • No, crouchspamming is not a problem and you need to get better at the game.

Yeah crouch spamming needs to be fixed I sniped a guy in the head on a highway and he started crouch spamming a and hit me with 5 shots to death, I couldn't hit his fucking head back cuz he was crouch spamming and I wasn't able to find fast cover.... FIX CROUCH SPAMMING. Add one like Counter-Strike: Go

Edited by moneychixx

7 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

Yeah crouch spamming needs to be fixed I sniped a guy in the head on a highway and he started crouch spamming a and hit me with 5 shots to death, I couldn't hit his fucking head back cuz he was crouch spamming and I wasn't able to find fast cover.... FIX CROUCH SPAMMING. Add one like Counter-Strike: Go

This game doesn't have headshots..? 

How about we don't ruin this game's perfectly fine movement. I get tired of seeing people with a clear lack of experience make suggestions.

Edited by speee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, speee said:

How about we don't ruin this game's perfectly fine movement. I get tired of seeing people with a clear lack of experience make suggestions.

If 492 hours still classifies me as "inexperienced" then I'm rather impressed.

Just now, Freewind said:

If 492 hours still classifies me as "inexperienced" then I'm rather impressed.

Oh wow... yeah thats quite new my dude. Not sarcasm btw.

I've like 2k hours invested and it still feels like I'm not experienced enough.

But back on track, not sure how to feel about this crouch spamming stuff. 🤔 Never really cared much anyway, just tried to enjoy myself.

Edited by EeryeSora
Reasons

3 hours ago, Asparii said:

This game doesn't have headshots..? 

No it doesn't. But the person was only showing his head so nowhere else to shoot right? Crouch spamming made him invincible to my 2nd shot.

Edited by moneychixx

The funny bit about this thread is the 2-3 ppl who are adamantly posting against and downright dismissing (to the point of insulting other players intelligence on the game when they have hundreds/thousands hours played) are in fact the people that "abuse" crouching on the daily.

I think the CS:GO approach to crouch spamming would be amazing.

And no, to the person who said "Exploits are only exploits if they benefit you" LOL.  Just because an exploit is widely used, doesn't make it any less of an exploit or acceptable. Flaws in combat mechanics are not something you grandfather in just because you're used to something and un-accepting of change.

Edited by BuggedOut

Seems like there are more pressing matters at hand. Fixing this would probably end up making the controls more clunky and sluggish, which I think would be a major disappointment for many. 

With changing hitboxes to be below most walls and crates I do think it is a bit of a problem towards balance when soemone crouchspamfires from walls/roofs.

with the third person style it is way too easy to preaim and then click uncrouch, fire, crouch without giving your opponent any chance to react at all. Especially with snipers this is a bit of a "cheap" move. since your opponent (unless triggerbotting) has no chance to fire back by any possible angle if that happens form a roof to a downward angle.

it should definately for a short moment give some innacuracy.

but people runnign around crouch spamming and shooting, thats mostly a bad idea since well coruching makes them slower and easier to hit.

What? Crouching is fine. Fire at random or early even to catch people that do this. Also use cover yourself maybe? lol

Just now, BuggedOut said:

Then you can speak for yourself and your clan- props to the dedication. That doesn't negate the majority percentage of vets with obscene amount of hours' time is in social.

Thanks, and while that is true. I was just further wanted to explaine crouch spamming can easily be countered. It just takes a god awful amount of time to get good at this game. Along with .ini edits. If you all play with the basic setup apb has given you, then youll never get there. With push to crouch toggle sprint, visual edits to see cleaner, and also disabling mouse acceleration, if you havent fixed that you will have a much harder time

7 minutes ago, Jukin said:

Thanks, and while that is true. I was just further wanted to explaine crouch spamming can easily be countered. It just takes a god awful amount of time to get good at this game. Along with .ini edits. If you all play with the basic setup apb has given you, then youll never get there. With push to crouch toggle sprint, visual edits to see cleaner, and also disabling mouse acceleration, if you havent fixed that you will have a much harder time

Doesn't it seem odd that you have to go to these measures....the ini edits- the toggles, the "visual" edits?

Sounds like you circumvent a lot to get the gameplay "edge" you are looking for. It also doesn't sound like something you will be able to fully accomplish post-battleye patch.

In reality- what you describe is creating an artificial playing field that's tailored to you that without making the same exact "changes" people can't keep up?

See what I'm getting at?

Edited by BuggedOut

It's mildly annoying as most, but not anything that should be changed, imo.

2 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Doesn't it seem odd that you have to go to these measures....the ini edits- the toggles, the "visual" edits?

Sounds like you circumvent a lot to get the gameplay you are looking for. 

It is annoying i give you that. But it is really a 20 minute fix with walkthroughs on fourms. And really this should be all the things people should have the option for in aob, and hopfully they will. Because changing only those things i mentioned, will curve the skill gap tremendously. I personally couldnt get out of silver threat till i did this 4 years ago/6 years in the game. But after that i havent been under gold threat scince. Its just the gane was never catered to like it should have. It was one big cashgrab where every even or update was there to implement more armas purchases

3 minutes ago, Jukin said:

It is annoying i give you that. But it is really a 20 minute fix with walkthroughs on fourms. And really this should be all the things people should have the option for in aob, and hopfully they will. Because changing only those things i mentioned, will curve the skill gap tremendously. I personally couldnt get out of silver threat till i did this 4 years ago/6 years in the game. But after that i havent been under gold threat scince. Its just the gane was never catered to like it should have. It was one big cashgrab where every even or update was there to implement more armas purchases

I agree. It creates quite the disparity when X amount of your community members are playing basically a different feeling game vs the rest of the pack. To an advantage, no less.

Edited by BuggedOut
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure I can get out of cover, fire my HVR, and back into cover before the opponents game even registers it. That is OP, and the animations revolving crouching should be slowed down. Especially on heavy hitting weapons such as the HVR, or even the Obir.

Edited by Landsfaderen
*Spell check

9 hours ago, Zascha said:

Seriously? Is that really where we are, now?

"NERF CROUCHING!"

"CROUCHING IS OP! NEEDS A COOL DOWN!"

Literally take a step back, and just read what you're on about.

... Man...

they want nerf everything xD, please nerf run, is... is to fast!

18 minutes ago, Landsfaderen said:

I'm pretty sure I can get out of cover, fire my HVR, and back into cover before the opponents game even registers it.

zt9VPp0.gif

Sorry... no.

10 hours ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

I do not think of it is a problem as people would do this in real life like in paintball

But even so, if you suddenly stood up, shot and then crouched again, I'm not sure your shot would land where you intended it to 100% of the time.

it's not like nerfing this will affect much anyway, an HVR will still be easily able to tag you before you can retaliate regardless of what kind of effect you put on crouching.

this is going to end up being the same thing as sprint shooting, everyone went RA BARABABRA NERF THIS SHIT ITS OP FOFIJEOIFJE IM GETTING OWNED BY CARBINERS I CANT HIT CUZ MY TRACKING BAD then they nerfed sprint shooting and nothing changed. The same people who got owned by carbine players and oscar players STILL get owned by carbine and oscar. It made animations smoother, I guess? but otherwise did nothing.

I feel like this will be the same thing. Theres two types of crouch spam, one involving cover, like a wall, and one not involving cover, like oca battles.

Involving a wall, with cover it allows you to be able to make sure you actually can have the upper hand even against something like the hvr. Think about it, if an ntec/obeya can no longer crouch spam behind a wall to fight an HVR, that makes the HVR even just that much better. The only way to really fight one is from corner hugging or crouch spamming a wall (or you know, using tactics as well, such as flanking, but we will pretend no one knows about that) Sure it can be kind of busted for say, an HVR to crouch spam. But are you really going to be able to fight that hvr while hes behind a wall either way? Only really good players are going to be able to ttk in the time that it'd take for an HVR shot to go if you add any kind of delay without breaking the game. So thinking of the general populous, why even bother fixing it if you can't without ruining the whole point of it?

Involving open battles, basically you'd just be getting rid of a dynamic that makes battles interesting rather than just boring running around fests. Crouch spamming mid battle doesnt do much as long as you aim below torso, which you should be doing if you know your opponent is into doing that. However, throwing a sneaky crouch or two mid fight really can offset peoples aim, and give you the upper hand allowing you to win. I think thats a really nice dynamic, and if your opponent is good enough on reactions (or aiming down) they might negate that crouch.

Personally after having that quick crouching ability in the game for so long, it's almost too integral with the way guns work. I feel like changing the way crouching works would result in needs for massive change in a lot of areas. Mainly HVR would probably be more broken, and OCA would be more broken, for their certain battles respectively (ntec/star can more easily battle an OCA using well placed crouches, especially ones behind an object)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry... no.

Even if it's merely quicker than what a normal human brain is able to register, it's still pretty bad.

Edited by Landsfaderen

whats next.. nerf running?! jumping and then mooving,what about snub? nerf snub 1 shot kill at 500m range too op cmon guize 

Image result for retard

"No, crouchspamming is not a problem and you need to get better at the game."

Well seems you answered your own question and the community voted you correct!

Might need to slow the crouch/rise speed a bit to be more real but honestly it is not a problem.