Hintaro

merge jericho and citadel ?

1 hour ago, Niilyn said:

Just because you sleep at those times doesn't mean every single human being does assuming so is proof of willful ignorance. There are many lines of work that span many hours of the day. In case you didn't realize not everyone in all of NA is  following your schedule lmao. Like how selfish to assume everything is about you.

Yes It is 100% unacceptable that things become so dead its unplayable (because it drives people away from the game) but thats okay because usually when a game server is at that point they do one thing and that is merge or move into some kinda world server, to ensure a better quality experience for everyone which is a good thing.
This is a positive change that many players who work the afternoon and get most of their gaming done from 11pm-7am will be thankful for.

Well first let me say that people of North America are not working to my benefit so I don't know how you can say that was selfish... Especially when I live Europe!

So yeah thank you for that chuckle, it brought a smile to my face for reasons unintended.

Life is not fair I work all times of the day and night. 

Being medical staff I do morning shifts, Evening shifts and sometime night shifts and full days. (depending on week and rota cover).

It was unrealistic for me to even try and attempt to partake in the Autumn Assault event but that's not anyone else's concern.

Back on topic:

Personally and a lot of people have felt for a long while that overall game Quality of Life is a priority, again that's after GamersFirst's neglectful handling of APB:Reloaded.

The servers populations of APB was on the decline over 2017 and got to a alarming state in 2018 but there is a reason for everything, the reason for the declining server population has to be addressed.

Have you heard of "Customer acquisition vs Retention costs"? It is easier and cheaper to retain existing customers than the retain new customers.

If a product is good then it should be able to sell itself after some initial awareness is made of it.  For example MineCraft, while spin offs games and new versions have come. The original vanilla game doesn't need advertisement because of the branding and quality in it's simplicity.

If a product isn't good then it doesn't matter how much money is waste in promoting it, it's just going to get a bad reputation and new customers that won't come back... Like in Fallout 76 is actually losing both new comers and long time Fallout fans, It's has had a few near game breaking bugs, some content wasn't as described, actual in game content could be described as barren and Customer service was poor (A service can be considered a product).

TL;DR:

Thanks for the chuckle, yes I'm selfish as f-ck and I'm sorry you're not having fun in game right here and now... But I don't want APB to die. 

GamersFirst did try a recruiting new players with the live action trailer "Be all you CAN'T be", but profits and population numbers still declined.

I'll use the metaphor of running out of all water supply, because more water was wasted than trying to patch a leaking pipelines!

Edited by VickyFox

1 hour ago, Niilyn said:

I'm no game dev so obviously it's just a opinion of mine, but as a 11pm-7am NA player what motivation do I have to log in and play when the only district I can access due to a threat lock is usually 10v10 or less as it gets later. Especially when the APB:R i fell in love with back in the day didn't have this issue, I've played many games and many smaller mmo's and in the end they either moved down to a single server to remain active or died. Apb is a bit far from  being totally dead in the EU (or the EU server at least) so i'm not going all the end is here mode, but it is still a hard situation for us who don't want to reroll/deal with ping.

I feel you. Im mostly available to play Jericho during normal work hours and sometimes Im luck to find even a 10 v 10 district.

On 11/28/2018 at 12:33 AM, displacement said:

just merge them in one and keep districts like "NA-Financial" "EU-Financial". This way you can actually play on both without switching characters.

I love this idea

7 hours ago, Ketog said:

hell no

and where even would the servers be.

a little tiny island  exists in a mostly isolated area on the map in the ocean......so probably there

Imagine the EU server having to deal with the Brazilian MS haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

-yikes gotta cut all that useless information out-

Nothing you said here has anything to do with my response or the OP post, please try to stay on topic.
We are talking about population issues in NA, obviously you don't have this issue being a EU player.
The fact you think helping out the NA player base is redundant tells me all I need to know, I know you like to write a bio of your self in every thread but I really don't care for any of this information.
Thanks for trying though.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I feel you. Im mostly available to play Jericho during normal work hours and sometimes Im luck to find even a 10 v 10 district.

Hopefully something will be done soon so we can play at any hour of the day once more on our main characters.

1 hour ago, wibsey said:

Imagine the EU server having to deal with the Brazilian MS haha

The Russian vs BR show down has begun.

i agree.

jericho is fking dead.

either merge servers or let us transfer our characters to citadel.

• Like 1

You're not thinking ahead. What happens when this new server only has 100-200 players left? What are we gonna merge Jerictadel with?

• Like 1

mierda

On 11/27/2018 at 11:14 PM, Hintaro said:

is it possible to merge jericho and citadel ? i mainly play jericho but the population is so low, always 100 - 130 when i log in. playing missions and face the same players are boring too. 

awww, well looky here, I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this frustration and hardship my tender little buttercup 😞 but guess what ? nobody gives a shіt

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:04 AM, Fenton said:

If I recall correctly, there are plans to do away with individual servers and put people into matches based on an upgraded matchmaking algorithm anyway.

Why not throw ping/location into the mix and unify the login/marketplace/character servers?

yes I remember that too, but the road to this is long till it happens, but having access to all servers with all my characters would be great,

On 11/27/2018 at 9:33 PM, displacement said:

+1 for the merge, IO doesn't need to actually delete NA servers, just merge them in one and keep districts like "NA-Financial" "EU-Financial". This way you can actually play on both without switching characters.

i think this is the best option 1 character for both sv, and + the social comunity is gonna grow alot.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:04 PM, Fenton said:

If I recall correctly, there are plans to do away with individual servers and put people into matches based on an upgraded matchmaking algorithm anyway.

Why not throw ping/location into the mix and unify the login/marketplace/character servers?

^

It would only work in a way that we get rid of worlds in general, and each district has it's own location (EU / US districts). Then users could switch to the EU servers when the US ones are empty. 

Would be hell for the devs to do and they got bigger fish to fry right now

On 11/28/2018 at 9:12 PM, Pinpuce said:

Not only does the ocean not care about smooth internet, but jericho is like my safe place when I get mental breakdowns after getting owned by russian kids too many times.

Even tho I got 150ms, but that's ok americans svck.

Priceless😂

On 11/29/2018 at 10:30 PM, Kewlin said:

I'm sure somebody's already said this, but Matt has stated that eventually they plan on merging the two populations and making the run off of servers that are more spread out to improve performance, but that's way down the road, like, way down the road.

I keep seeing  "merge merge merge" in this thread but has anyone read this post from it?

Merging NA and EU would be too much lag.

little Orbit  already has a better game plan so I'll wait for that instead of killing APB from creating  more lag

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

I keep seeing  "merge merge merge" in this thread but has anyone read this post from it?

Merging NA and EU would be too much lag.

little Orbit  already has a better game plan so I'll wait for that instead of killing APB from creating  more lag

Clearly you didn't understand what I said, when Matt said he wanted to merge the two worlds, he said he would put servers all around the world so you could play from different locations, as has been being done in MMOs and other games for over a decade.

So no, LO doesn't have a better plan than their own plan, lol.

*EDIT* See below

Edited by Kewlin

Just now, Kewlin said:

Clearly you didn't understand what I said, when Matt said he wanted to merge the two worlds, he said he would put servers all around the world so you could play from different locations, as has been being done in MMOs and other games for over a decade.

So no, LO doesn't have a better plan than their own plan, lol.

exactly....

I'm just quoting you because I agree and so that they see again what you said

7 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

exactly....

I'm just quoting you because I agree and so that they see again what you said

Oh oh, sorry, I was confused by your tone.

MB ❤️

Just now, Kewlin said:

Oh oh, sorry, I was confused by your tone.

MB ❤️

And this is why typing sucks and people should talk face to face instead of texts on a phone lol

That and go have lunch or something fun like that

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 6:39 AM, VickyFox said:

A lot of people have been saying bla bla blah my ping and latency!!1!

I want to ask the Original Poster to look at this objectively, and consider what benefit would there be seriously?

The point of the OP was because of a low population count and game opposition didn't have much variety.  North American and Europe are different continents with different time zones, You're going to get a population boost of 10 to 20%...

When people are playing in Europe, most Americans would be busy with day time working hours. When North America finally starts to become more active online, that's when Europe starts going to bed if they haven't already.

Sorry I just wanted to point out that the merge would be quite redundant, and yeah I feel a lot of these comments on this thread are coming from a place of selfishness... and no I don't care if i get a dozen dislikes to this post by this time next week.

hi, im sorry i didnt expect this post to be so huge, it was my question rather than an idea. if it is bad then it is so. Thanks for all replies!

16 hours ago, Hintaro said:

hi, im sorry i didnt expect this post to be so huge, it was my question rather than an idea. if it is bad then it is so. Thanks for all replies!

First off we've had server merges before and while the population was boosted for a bit... well... you know where we are with population levels now.

Jericho and citadel are 2 servers that were made up of a further 2 servers in their respected continents: Colby(NA West), Joker (NA East) and Obeya (EU1), Patriot (EU2).

Either all servers are unlocked and players can then load on to whatever server they want or keep things as they are but...

MattScott has said the reason individual characters migrating is difficult is because while the games on all PC servers should be the same, It's the custom player made content that could cause glitches and errors.

To avoid damages to either server or loss of content on the player's part, it's just safer to avoid it. Like turning off wireless devices on a plane.

To migrate whole servers would request months of planning, testing and contingency plans.

Personally, my main character is on Jericho but I live in England. This because the Europe servers were offline when creating my first character but there's nothing I can do about that.

Server merging/migrations have not helped population numbers in the long run as we can tell from past experience. Server merging would only be treating a symptom and not the actual cause.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

Either all servers are unlocked and players can then load on to whatever server they want or keep things as they are but...

Agreed. Sort of. Letting people freely bounce between districts in other regions would be ideal in my opinion. However the game just plain doesn't like that in the slightest. They'd have to do a good deal of work before they could even consider it a viable option. 

Then again there was a bug that hinted at some degree of functionality for this. Colby servers would sometimes show up in Joker's instance selection menu. Whether there was any intended behavior behind that code is up in the air. My guess is a strong no. It does however hint that there may be potential for such a solution to at least kinda-sorta work in APB:R. 

Been pushing hard for them to investigate it ever since that bug reared it's head countless times over. Not sure if they ever poked around a bit to see if something useful couldn't come from that error. Really wish it would turn out to be something beneficial. Or had as the case may be. Don't know the outcome of all that.

Letting everyone play together on an instance of their choosing would be amazing. 

• Like 1