Tigrix

📢 2 cents about players and GM recruitment 👀

46 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Okay since you openly give your opinion i will do so.

so in short, it makes you a "butt-kisser" if anything LO suggests falls within reason of your own logic or experience and you find it worth to discuss/point out why or why not. (...what's a forum for again? :classic_huh:)

Making a welcome video is butt-kissing too? lol, ok dude. There are other things to do on the internet, than seeing everything in the most negative way.

I sure wish I could've included outside of missions game-play, but as things stood when their announcement came, I hadn't exactly been recording myself in the designer box and I was pressed on time already. I did try to encapsulate more than "only pew pew lazer game-play" and give a humorous look at the game they had just taken over and make them feel welcome, yes.

why? because I'm genuinely happy a studio was willing to take the chance on a game most of us had all but abandoned.
I think most people was hoping that, but nobody, nor myself, thought it was ever going to happen at this stage.

Edited by Tigrix

9 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

so in short, it makes you a "butt-kisser" if anything LO suggests falls within reason of your own logic or experience and you find it worth to discuss/point out why or why not. (...what's a forum for again? :classic_huh:)

Making a welcome video is butt-kissing too? lol, ok dude. There are other things to do on the internet, than seeing everything in the most negative way.

I sure wish I could've included outside of missions game-play, but as things stood when their announcement came, I hadn't exactly been recording myself in the designer box and I was pressed on time already. I did try to encapsulate more than "only pew pew lazer game-play" and give a humorous look at the game they had just taken over and make them feel welcome, yes.

why? because I'm genuinely happy a studio was willing to take the chance on a game most of us had all but abandoned.
I think most people was hoping that, but nobody, nor myself, thought it was ever going to happen at this stage.

Don't be butthurt, i told you is just my pov and it doesnt mean its true. I told you how you made me feel, a mix of disgust and sadness seeing someone act like an excited children when they didn't actually took actions yet (more than communication, i mean not visible in the game).

Edited by LuzExtinguido

10 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:
  Hide contents

Don't be butthurt, i told you is just my pov and it doesnt mean its true. I told you how you made me feel, a mix of disgust and sadness seeing someone act like an excited children when they didn't actually took actions yet (more than communication, i mean not visible in the game).

I may be more confused than originally anticipated.

😕

so the "GMs" are basically SPCA?

wait, whats the point of a GM if they don't have any power?

31 minutes ago, Nessie said:

wait, whats the point of a GM if they don't have any power?

Admins are employed with a pay-check and power to ban, but there can't be admins everywhere 24/7, they're expensive cuz' they're on a payroll 🙂 

GM's will be the intermediary between admins and players. (an SPCM, but with heavier responsibilities to ensure rules are being upheld, while under strict oversight)
They'll resolve things that can be done via Q&A and monitor the districts for violations of the TOS you sign up to follow upon account creation.
If a player violates it, they can warn/kick them. If they disregard and continue, the GM has a more direct line to an admin that can show up and take the appropriate action.
(This is all what i'm estimating btw, so don't take it as gospel, but I believe @Lixil already said similarly (if it's miss-interpreted, delete my post^) ~ I'll try find the quote).

(edit: source )

Edited by Tigrix

the players should be able to watch other players, spectate..., so they can record the cheaters and show the proof

5 minutes ago, g00gle said:

the players should be able to watch other players, spectate..., so they can record the cheaters and show the proof

So sort of an opportunity for streamsniping on steroids?

3 hours ago, g00gle said:

Some people have already used outside of mission friends to "ghost" opposing team pretty much since APB's launch. Being able to spectate specific player freely would be missused.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

So sort of an opportunity for streamsniping on steroids?

Something along those lines.

3 hours ago, Chinook said:

Being able to spectate specific player freely would be missused.

I'm a GM in multiple games and I'm allowed to spectate, the amount of cheaters drop massively this way. It comes down to picking the right experienced GM's with spectate powers and have them sign a contract. It's really that simple and take my word for it, it works like a charm.

Edited by Spy

1 hour ago, Spy said:

I'm a GM in multiple games and I'm allowed to spectate, the amount of cheaters drop massively this way. It comes down to picking the right experienced GM's with spectate powers and have them sign a contract. It's really that simple and take my word for it, it works like a charm.

But person I quoted said players should be able to spectate. I didn't say GMs shouldn't be able, but I agree that finding the right people is critical.

1 hour ago, Chinook said:

But person I quoted said players should be able to spectate. I didn't say GMs shouldn't be able, but I agree that finding the right people is critical.

Then I misunderstood your post. I'm glad we're on the same page tho 🙂

Seems useful, to be able to spectate players as a GM. I'd compare it to the Over-watch program that CS:GO has. And each "GM" decides on whether or not the person is cheating.

Something like that. A unanimous decision or a majority decision. I'm not sure which ones more effective.

Did I mention I should be gm in this thread yet? Because I should, I am completely qualified.

2 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Did I mention I should be gm in this thread yet? Because I should, I am completely qualified.

That's not the way to do it... first you should post how much experience you have as a GM in another game and the valuable lessons you learned from it. Then you should post how critical it is that the volunteer GMs have experience. And then when you apply to LO via PM (or whatever the channel will be), they can quickly check your contributions on the new forum (ie. your indirect and veeeery subtle "non-application"), and then BAM!! The GM title is in the bag.

ezpz

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

That's not the way to do it... first you should post how much experience you have as a GM in another game and the valuable lessons you learned from it. Then you should post how critical it is that the volunteer GMs have experience. And then when you apply to LO via PM (or whatever the channel will be), they can quickly check your contributions on the new forum (ie. your indirect and veeeery subtle "non-application"), and then BAM!! The GM title is in the bag.

ezpz

My credentials are that I am a very secksi person, and quite clever.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

My credentials are that I am a very secksi person, and quite clever.

I can confirm this as well as other things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puffdragon said:

Silver GM?

Thats a hard pass from me fam. 

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Silver GM?

Lmao xD

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

ezpz

Awwh but Lixil already said no triple posts, now i can't brag how useful i was on another game but got 0 experience for this one :c

57 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Silver GM?

Oh I finally hit gold, apparently if you stand in social long enough it happens automatically, only if you are extra cool though.

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

only if you are extra cool though.

Lucky for me, I dont have that problem!

... wait

f48Cj2Y.gif

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Lucky for me, I dont have that problem!

... wait

f48Cj2Y.gif

You will see, I just have to eat a few more babies and I will be back to full strength.

• Like 1