Jump to content
MattScott

New GamersFirst site

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Just a quick note to give a little context to the re-launch of GamersFirst.
You will have noticed by now that the site has been updated. This has been in the works for quite a while.
Rest assured that an entirely different team did the work, and it did not take away from our APB development schedule.

Also, the APB section is not finished - however there wasn't much there before other than very dated screenshots and videos.
We needed to push the new site live in order to prepare for the launch of Descent.
We will be going back through and fleshing this area out.
For now, I like that we have merged the News/Blog section into this site, instead of taking people to BlogSpot.
https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/

Thanks,
Matt

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or is the news section missing the mid September update?

Edited by Kevkof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Rest assured that an entirely different team did the work, and it did not take away from our APB development schedule.

It's a bit sad that this has to be mentioned. People not realizing that the web designers aren't the same people who are working on the engine overhaul. But I like the look of the new site 🙂
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Is it just me or is the news section missing the mud September update?

Good catch. It'll be added tomorrow. 🙂
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dopefish said:
It's a bit sad that this has to be mentioned. People not realizing that the web designers aren't the same people who are working on the engine overhaul. But I like the look of the new site
The age of willful ignorance, where nobody's willing to take a moment to do simple research. I blame my generation, not actually raising their kids but instead just feeding them smartphones and tablets to keep them quiet.
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently the links inside each news post still link to blogspot - will you be keeping it around for posterity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Also, the APB section is not finished - however there wasn't much there before other than very dated screenshots and videos.

You could do a crowdfunding from the community for pictures, I'm sure people would love to help out with some good pictures.

Also:

8e6725d2dc2d920f4ec403eb8d97bd97.jpg

Zooming in causes a whoopsie (unless that's by design). On some mobile devices like mine the logo scaling is broken (it oversteps its boundaries).

588e1a15bdc532eb58c393d18a5cc56a.jpg

Overall, a very nice job. A lot better than having to look at Blogspot
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For now, I like that we have merged the News/Blog section into this site, instead of taking people to BlogSpot.
https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/

 
But it doesn't have an RSS feed.
Can you add one, as Blogspot had?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, haunta said:

So does Little Orbit own G1 now ?

They have since may 10th
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell your devs that in bigger screen like mine (27 inch) I see the sites turning aside (to the left side) and when I'm resetting password it wouldn't let me do this I return to the main login place instead of "create new password" page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Regenance said:

Tell your devs that in bigger screen like mine (27 inch) I see the sites turning aside (to the left side) and when I'm resetting password it wouldn't let me do this I return to the main login place instead of "create new password" page.

Guess the site is in beta lol
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Regenance said:

Tell your devs that in bigger screen like mine (27 inch) I see the sites turning aside (to the left side) and when I'm resetting password it wouldn't let me do this I return to the main login place instead of "create new password" page.

What resolution though? A webpage adjusts based on window size in pixels not inches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kevkof said:
21 minutes ago, Regenance said:

Tell your devs that in bigger screen like mine (27 inch) I see the sites turning aside (to the left side) and when I'm resetting password it wouldn't let me do this I return to the main login place instead of "create new password" page.

What resolution though? A webpage adjusts based on window size in pixels not inches
^

prob 1440p or 2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to bad influence in the past from GameFirst aka: Money first .... i suggest to use "Little Orbit" name instead of gamefirst.
gamersfirst.com/apb/news -> LittleOrbit.com/apb/news
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the use of a fresno in that one news picture.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dopefish said:
It's a bit sad that this has to be mentioned. People not realizing that the web designers aren't the same people who are working on the engine overhaul. But I like the look of the new site 🙂
What do you mean web devs can't do animation and rigging? Gamersfirst is such a joke of a company.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MattScott said:
Good catch. It'll be added tomorrow. 🙂
While you're changing things, in the July update you reference the roadmap, should the url for that be changed to the new site as well or will that remain the old url? Edited by Kevkof
added links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Due to bad influence in the past from GameFirst aka: Money first .... i suggest to use "Little Orbit" name instead of gamefirst.
gamersfirst.com/apb/news -> LittleOrbit.com/apb/news
 

I guess the name is also part of their plans on "fixing"
make gamersfirst great again? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...