Jump to content
MattScott

Labor Day Weekend Update

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who came out and played in the Citadel Prototype districts. I have previously apologized for the mess we made of balancing weapons. This mini-event allowed us to collect invaluable information. I want everyone to know that we are listening and not ignoring the feedback we receive. For the most part I feel like once we make the next round of changes we will be close to what we're looking for.

Next, I am excited to announce that the new Trading System is now on OTW. We invite players to come check it out and give feedback, but please note there is a Rank/Rating 15 limit to access Trading. This is a requirement for production, so not everyone who logs into OTW will immediately be able to test the feature. We understand that may be frustrating for some players, but there wasn't a simple solution for removing it. My hope is that we'll be able to launch this feature to everyone soon.

Also the next patch will have a number of very important fixes. We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.

Lastly, I know everyone has been very patient while we get organized. With many of the latency issues, hitreg, and Trading out of the way, I feel like we can now exclusively focus on the Unreal 3.5 upgrade and on the new mode. It's critical that we launch 3.5 so we can address matchmaking after that.

Have a great Labor Day weekend.

Thanks,
Matt

edited for clarity

  • Like 35
  • Thanks 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.
 

Any idea yet what this might mean for shotguns?
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, I can't wait for that engune update.

But if 3.5 breaks vegas wheelies like it did in the console I'll be very sad

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Also the next patch will have a number of very important fixes. We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.

hpLy14t.gif
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who came out and played in the Citadel Prototype districts. I have previously apologized for the mess we made of balancing weapons. This mini-event allowed us to collect invaluable information. I want everyone to know that we are listening and not ignoring the feedback we receive. For the most part I feel like once we make the next round of changes we will be close to what we're looking for.

Next, I am excited to announce that the new Trading System is now on OTW. We invite players to come check it out and give feedback, but please note there is a Rank 15 limit to access Trading. This is a requirement for production, so not everyone who logs into OTW will immediately be able to test the feature. We understand that may be frustrating for some players, but there wasn't a simple solution for removing it. My hope is that we'll be able to launch this feature to everyone soon.

Also the next patch will have a number of very important fixes. We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.

Lastly, I know everyone has been very patient while we get organized. With many of the latency issues, hitreg, and Trading out of the way, I feel like we can now exclusively focus on the Unreal 3.5 upgrade and on the new mode. It's critical that we launch 3.5 so we can address matchmaking after that.

Have a great Labor Day weekend.

Thanks,
Matt

Oof I'm on vacation in South Carolina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We were finally able to reproduce and fix the hitreg issue that has been plaguing the game.

umm, sounds good but, please elaborate... since overall server performance (and low tickrate) also plagues the game...
how does one reproduce "the hitreg issue"? is it like a certain thing that can be reproduced?
also, what about the de-syncing when getting out of a fast moving car that happens like 8/10 times? (it hasn't been always broken, at some point RP f'd that up) Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...rank 15? wait so what "rank" do accounts start on OTW?

or are we referring to rating?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

...rank 15? wait so what "rank" do accounts start on OTW?

or are we referring to rating?

you start out at rank 9 like in the actual game as far as i know, but isn't rating the same as rank? im confus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic, but I'm not seeing this post in the "Admin Tracker" tab. This is like the only way i check for updates on the forums lately.

Edited by TR3NT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TR3NT said:

Off topic, but I'm not seeing this post in the "Admin Tracker" tab. This is like the only way i check for updates on the forums lately.

inb4 people just post a link to external admin tracker LUL

here btw
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
Any idea yet what this might mean for shotguns?
it means we're fucked :^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to know what exactly "the hitreg issue" is here - I was of the general impression that "lol no hitreg" is just a symptom of packet loss, server stutter etc. Going by this though it seems to be some kind of bug in the code.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nite said:

I would love to know what exactly "the hitreg issue" is here - I was of the general impression that "lol no hitreg" is just a symptom of packet loss, server stutter etc. Going by this though it seems to be some kind of bug in the code.

same, always thought it was just a consequence of running on 30fps servers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snubnose said:
low tickrate
Kidnite and Pukegrounds also have low tickrate servers but still millions of kids baited by marketing and hype play and review them as "very good/best/number 1 games"
???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MattScott said:

the mess we made of balancing weapons. 

No need for apologies here, I had fun with the weapon changes and look forward to more.

22 minutes ago, TrinityFSB said:

people who complain about LO.

giphy.gif
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MattScott said:

 We invite players to come check it out and give feedback, but please note there is a Rank 15 limit to access Trading.

I wish we could try to trade but it says:

PSLaA5I.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade locked ?
unknown.png

Man i hope , it's not what i think it is

Will we be able to trade as much as we want after those 7days ?
because i used to trade 10 + weapons a day , and if this prevents you to trade for 7 days i will explode .
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since uhm, im not R15. I have a question for those who already tried: does it take any cut if you add in cash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Trade locked ?
unknown.png

Man i hope , it's not what i think it is

Will we be able to trade as much as we want after those 7days ?
because i used to trade 10 + weapons a day , and if this prevents you to trade for 7 days i will explode .
 

I think it's a "new account/character" limit thing, I'll get on there and check.


E8ED6EB3E53924A7C1DDE65E0108752513DEC4B4

Looks like a new pc limit thing or something that's simply been enabled because it's just been put in, but idk. Edited by Psygo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

...rank 15? wait so what "rank" do accounts start on OTW? or are we referring to rating?

Yes, they're referring to rating. Only us old hats refer to it as rating, because so many people over so many years have spread the misinformation that it's called rank that it's always going to be called that going forward. It's unfixable, although it's a great way to tell the difference between people who've been around for a long time or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nite said:

I would love to know what exactly "the hitreg issue" is here - I was of the general impression that "lol no hitreg" is just a symptom of packet loss, server stutter etc. Going by this though it seems to be some kind of bug in the code.

my shots were ghosting without lag so it may be that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...