Sign in to follow this  
LAPDAlonso

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yes you can.

Battleeye detects when a machine has changed it's HWID through HKEY_Local_machine to stop cracked versions of DLCs and other bypasses.. Try again.

3 minutes ago, HandThatFeeds said:

Fair enough. While on the topic, do you know if they will start IP banning or even mac address/HWID banning with battleeye?

Well, from what I know, BattlEye is proactive, which means many cheats should be prevented right away rather than waiting for them to happen for something to be done about it. As for banning with BattlEye, other than the regular banning options that go with it (Steam ID and account global ban), we are not quite sure if additional ones will be presented.

2 minutes ago, HandThatFeeds said:

Battleeye detects when a machine has changed it's HWID through HKEY_Local_machine to stop cracked versions of DLCs and other bypasses.. Try again.

That's not the only way to change what HWID you send to the APB login servers.

Yes it's true that you can change both your IP and HWID

In the past bans like this worked but now a days not so much.

3 minutes ago, TehBlizzy said:

That's not the only way to change what HWID you send to the APB login servers.

Battleeye doesn't really rely on what you send to the exe that's running APB, it just runs when you run APB and shuts APB down if something blocks it.

If I remember correctly, Battleeye is just a better version of EAC, and both enter your actual operating system and can see logs and such. Trying to send a bypass or a proxy just locks you up

None of this is important though. My question was answered.

Edited by HandThatFeeds

9 hours ago, RitualLobotomy said:

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Edited by LAPDAlonso

1 hour ago, HandThatFeeds said:

you can change IP.

You cannot change your HWID.

Spoofing your HWID is actually incredibly easy.

2 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

Spoofing your HWID is actually incredibly easy.

read the comments above.

1 minute ago, HandThatFeeds said:

read the comments above.

And do some research yourself. Google "Change HWID" and you get post after post after post on different methods on how to change your HWID.

There's a reason you can download any/all of the DLC for ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 and spoof your HWID to play on BE enabled servers. 

Again, it's incredibly easy to spoof your HWID.

1 minute ago, TheAceNinja said:

And do some research yourself. Google "Change HWID" and you get post after post after post on different methods on how to change your HWID.

There's a reason you can download any/all of the DLC for ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 and spoof your HWID to play on BE enabled servers. 

Again, it's incredibly easy to spoof your HWID.

Or don't read, and keep coming off as challenged. It's cool, I've been done with this conversation 🙂

Just now, HandThatFeeds said:

Or don't read, and keep coming off as challenged. It's cool, I've been done with this conversation 🙂

What didn't I read? Your misinformed "Knowledge" on how BE works, when a simple google search completely proves you wrong? Only "Challenged" one here is you, child.

33 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

lol children arguing over how to get around an anti-cheat system. just shows who are the hackers in this game. LMFAO .

all it really shows is that some people have enough brainpower to google things

6 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I was planning to upload about 10-15 videos of people cheating on my video channel and then send them to support. But i figure after the 25th, things will be back to normal. So i am wondering can we send in videos now for second evidence?

Or should we wait until battleye is working ?

I would like only staff members to answer this question please, thanks.

If they banned YOU it would be best for the game.  We are trying to REVIVE a nearly DEAD game which suffered the insanity of losing the ENTIRE playerbase due to false, mistaken, absurd and stupid BANS.  Little Orbit is planning to revise the entire banning situation with temp kicks... GET IT?  Once they have battleEye up and running they won't need nerds like you trying to redo the mistakes of G1 trying to BAN the playerbase... for playing BETTER. We need our playerbase BACK and quick temp kicks for suspicious behavior based on heuristics.  We do NOT need the playerbase policing itself.  Let Little Orbit set up their system, a better anticheat... a more reasonable and playerbase forgiving kick system... and no more G1 silver closet investigators.

2C05pdn.gif

Some people think everything they personally can't replicate with 100% success rate is always cheatning and never just luck and/or skill.

Given how much lag sometimes breaks things from clientside point of view, I don't put much credibility on video evidence unless it's goat level stuff.

Better just stop wasting your time, let alone waste support's time at time like this with a lot of genuine tickets to handle about login issues like password reset mails going to defunct adresses, etc...

Play the game, make love to /report as much as you like and move on.

33 minutes ago, Hey! said:

If they banned YOU it would be best for the game.  We are trying to REVIVE a nearly DEAD game which suffered the insanity of losing the ENTIRE playerbase due to false, mistaken, absurd and stupid BANS.  Little Orbit is planning to revise the entire banning situation with temp kicks... GET IT?  Once they have battleEye up and running they won't need nerds like you trying to redo the mistakes of G1 trying to BAN the playerbase... for playing BETTER. We need our playerbase BACK and quick temp kicks for suspicious behavior based on heuristics.  We do NOT need the playerbase policing itself.  Let Little Orbit set up their system, a better anticheat... a more reasonable and playerbase forgiving kick system... and no more G1 silver closet investigators.

2C05pdn.gif

And i thought that it all started with cheaters rekting gold servers; actual golds went to silver interrupting their development; silvers would go bronze to repeat; everyone dethreating; balances issues in the matchmaking; losing more people every time; rebalancing more and so on... but if you say because cheaters were unfairly banned it must be true.

I'm all for banning the cheaters, but you have to take responsibility when you send in those sort of tickets. Your actions could result in legit player getting punished or important tickets getting delayed. Also, keep in mind that GM staff generally doesn't play alot of the game, this makes it much harder and often too risky to judge a players skill. I doubt they will ban anything other than blatant cheaters (360 aimbotters) from video "evidence". To catch the closet cheaters they will work with and rely on the new fairfight. Video evidence is not good evidence most of the time.

Edited by Vanille
  • Like 1

Video cannot prove anything these days, the scenario when the player get caught cheating can be disturbed by client side lags, maybe de-syncs and so on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Video is not concrete evidence of cheating.

But it is a clear indication this person needs to be watched and acted upon if they are indeed cheating.

22 minutes ago, PTCntte said:

Video cannot prove anything these days, the scenario when the player get caught cheating can be disturbed by client side lags, maybe de-syncs and so on.

And the dev team can take that into account in their investigation. They can also get on the game and watch said person in question if something does look fishy. Its not an end all but its def better then having words with nothing to back them up.

52 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

But it is a clear indication this person needs to be watched and acted upon if they are indeed cheating.

I mean, unless the person is BLATANTLY snapping, recording someone from an entirely different point of view doesn't mean anything. The problem with this is we're going to have people like Alonso and TankBalll sending 15+ videos a day of "Supposed" cheaters which just takes up time and man-power. 98% of all these videos are going to be akin to someone sending a blurry, shaky cam footage of a "Figure" 200 yards away and claiming it's big foot.

1 hour ago, PTCntte said:

False

32 minutes ago, SirBlackazz said:

I'm assuming you mean that Pre-fired perfectly timed OSMAW Shot is proof hes walling?
That little alcove is a great place to post up with just about any weapon, let alone an Osmaw. He very likely could of seen you coming up, as you were in his line of sight (remember 3rd person camera) for approx 4 seconds. From there its just some basic prediction, and remember, its possible that was a really lucky shot.

So no, Nothing in that clip is proof.

Also remember, because APB, his character was facing one way, but he was potentially looking elsewhere, so when he did start his wind up it gives the appearance of snapping.

Edited by PrincessTwilight

32 minutes ago, SirBlackazz said:

... Is your video supposed to show someone hacking? Because you literally ran up to corner which someone was already peaking and got blasted by an OSMAW. 

Again, this is the type of stuff Support is gonna have to deal with from Silvers every single day. I feel sorry for them.