Hexerin

Remember how they intended to increase the LCR's fire rate as compensation for the Improved Rifling rework?

It went to the normal STAR instead. Thing's fire rate is through the roof, it's kinda stupid.
It now makes sense why the trainees have been an actual threat lately.

Ummm? Since when star was bad?

99% sure nothing has changed on live with the STAR

20 minutes ago, Toasted said:

live or otw?

Live servers.

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
24 minutes ago, Toasted said:

live or otw?

Live servers.
Was it reverted? I jumped on just to test it and fired it side by side with an ntec and seemed fine, unless I'm blind 🤷

I tested LCR Old Glory against a friend using the STAR 556 with IR3 for maximum RoF slowdown; the 556 still has a much higher RoF with IR3 than the Old Glory.

Old Glory definitely feels better than it did before, though, which I'm totally fine with.

39 minutes ago, Knite said:

I tested LCR Old Glory against a friend using the STAR 556 with IR3 for maximum RoF slowdown; the 556 still has a much higher RoF with IR3 than the Old Glory.

Old Glory definitely feels better than it did before, though, which I'm totally fine with.

They changed the LCR's TTK from 1.20>1.08 to compensate for the PR1/PR2 having IR3 forced on them.

From there the 'Old Glory' does indeed take this buff in stride. While it was intended to simply keep the PR1/PR2 functioning as they did before, it instead buffed the aforementioned variant massively. It was brought down to an impressively short 1.03 for it's effective range. Causing the PR1/PR2 to end up being overshadowed to an absurd extent. Edited by Genobee

Isn't the Old Glory unavailable to own through normal means, however? You could only legitimately obtain the PR1 / PR2 variants

3 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Isn't the Old Glory unavailable to own through normal means, however? You could only legitimately obtain the PR1 / PR2 variants

The 'Old Glory' was sold on Armas as well, but only very briefly

Just now, Kevkof said:
4 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Huh. I stand corrected.

7 minutes ago, Nitronik said:
Huh. I stand corrected.
This was a couple years ago already :o

47gGN7O.png

I have an Old Glory and can confirm the new fire rate is very nice. Still not necessarily worth using over CR762 or whatever unless you're really that into it though, IMO.
That said, I actually use the stock Star here and there and it doesn't feel any different to me ;c

Edited by Tizzie

Haven't noticed any difference with the 556.
However I'm still waiting for them to sell any version of the LCR at this point, the only alternative being coughing up 700 joker tickets a week, which isn't sustainable.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:03 PM, Genobee said:
They changed the LCR's TTK from 1.20>1.08 to compensate for the PR1/PR2 having IR3 forced on them.

From there the 'Old Glory' does indeed take this buff in stride. While it was intended to simply keep the PR1/PR2 functioning as they did before, it instead buffed the aforementioned variant massively. It was brought down to an impressively short 1.03 for it's effective range. Causing the PR1/PR2 to end up being overshadowed to an absurd extent.

Yyyep, the RoF buff to the base LCR has really turned Old Glory into something amazing; I haven't used my PR1 yet to compare, but given how the Old Glory feels, I don't expect it to be too bad.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:17 PM, Kevkof said:
On 8/26/2018 at 12:13 PM, Nitronik said:

Sold twice in limited sales a few years back.

22 hours ago, Tizzie said:

Still not necessarily worth using over CR762 or whatever unless you're really that into it though, IMO.

I would have agreed with you before, but right now, the Old Glory is very competitive with the CR762.
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 6:33 PM, Hexerin said:

It went to the normal STAR instead. Thing's fire rate is through the roof, it's kinda stupid.
It now makes sense why the trainees have been an actual threat lately.

I mean, if they buffed the star's rof to .7 im fine with that...
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 7:23 AM, Fortune Runner said:

Either it was lag or the star 556 was firing fast like an oca

Uh, no way a STAR could fire that fast.