Jump to content
CookiePuss

Wake me up when this JG / Shredder meta is over

Recommended Posts

On 8/22/2018 at 9:33 AM, Keshi said:

Look...the shotguns seems fine to me https://plays.tv/video/5b7ccb6a6528241376/how-to-jg?from=user



But yoooo the shredder is 3shotting people at 40m.
How daf u defending that? Its supose to be a shotgun not a rifle...

I don't see how anything would have played out much differently if that video example were to take place before the shotgun buffs. Everyone got mowed down because they ran face first into the shotgun at point blank range like an idiot lol. Edited by notHunky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, notHunky said:
I don't see how anything would have played out much differently if that video example were to take place before the shotgun buffs. Everyone got mowed down because they ran face first into the shotgun at point blank range like an idiot lol.
lets start with the shotgun wouldnt damage you from that distance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 7:00 PM, CookiePuss said:

Man, someones gonna be mad when they fix the shredder. 

I just face a CJ3 shredder, needless to say I agree that CJ3 makes it cancer. The IR3 varient is pretty balanced however imo. Sadly the ONLY thing that could fix the issue atm is prevent cj3 from being placed on it, or "further" increase "certain" shredder TTK's, and decrease the overkill damage slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

current shootgun main players until the OTW changes comes alive (warning fortnite meme included )

try to lower the volume
Edited by AAMSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, notHunky said:
I don't see how anything would have played out much differently if that video example were to take place before the shotgun buffs. Everyone got mowed down because they ran face first into the shotgun at point blank range like an idiot lol.
Agreed, this clip is fine. All it shows is someone who knows how to aim kicking the butts of people who don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can't see how broken shotguns are in general right now. You actually have no business ever getting a kill with one.

Edited by jk0h
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shredder needs a range nerf, firerate nerf, raw damage nerf, thumper needs double the fire-rate nerf the shredder receives.

The problem with the other shotguns is the fact its a clean twoshot within 15 meters if even 1/8th of the pellets hit you, while you are extremely mobile. This further exaggerates the huge problem this game already has with cornercamping. You can fly out, barely graze someone, and 85 them. Or hit them for one damage, and meatshot + kill the next shot while not being exposed for more than .2 seconds.

Oh yeah, they're also pretty much perfectly accurate while jumping, making many situations near impossible to get out of.


It's just boring that everyone uses shotguns right now, and it's even more depressing that we have to pull out a shredder or a thumper to deal with a shredder or a thumper (a decent player, at least.)

Really takes away from the fun of the game, and with how strong cars are right now with near-indestructible pioneers/espacios being 90% of cars with blowtorches too, you can't really play the distance game either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well the LO hype is over, people strangely expected they arrive and servers are fixed and the new engine will be released. But none of these vital 2 things happened, and so playr numbers decline again. to get a steady increase in playernumbers these 2 things ened to successfully happen first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I said i'm worried this gonna be age of shotguns everyone said I overdramatise. Guess who is overdramatizing now.

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if they permanently slapped a choke (red mod) on all shredders? Gives it the range, and takes away the ability to equip CJ3 (which seems to be the problem to most.. I only use IR3 on it)

Shotguns are supposed to be strong in CQC since they are very niche weapons. The shredder, however, is supposed to be able to reach out of that niche and be a good weapon for close-mid range and be effective to soft and hard targets. It simply should not be as strong in CQC. 

I'm not sure how to make the JG okay.. maybe just make the damage dropoff after the effective range much steeper or something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nerf shredder and thumper to the ground so i can laugh at those that bought it during meta when they complain here in the forums

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my eyes the issues with shotguns is how incredibly consistent they are even if you have bad aim, making them incredibly easy to use while also allowing players to corner pop, giving you 0,1 or so seconds time to react while he only peaks his shoulder on your screen. 

Right now Shotguns are certainly better than ever before, even back in the day their 2 shotting consistency and range was harmless compared to what we have now. The thing with shotguns is that you shouldn't be rewarded for any pallets hitting but rather the center pallets hitting the target, rewarding good aim. This could certainly be done by reverting the shotgun pattern changes they did when they first nerfed shotguns many years ago. As an example, the old CSG pattern would have the CENTER part of the pattern deal more damage than the outer circle of the pattern. 

The Shredder is a whole different story, the rate of fire change thanks to the pointless IR change has made it probably the best close to medium range weapon all around. It deals 480 damage per shot making it so it deals 440!! damage in overkill, is insanely accurate in both hipfire and marksman allowing for pinpoint accuracy of where the pattern cluster goes, deals an actual insane amount of hard damage which makes you blow up a Han Veo in less than 10 shots and on top of all of that it has a stupid amount of range thanks to the tight cluster pattern and a seemingly not so harsh dropoff. You can basically duel any gun up to 40~50 meters with the Shredder and on top of that, there is barely any effort required because again its a shotgun and half shots are barely punished at all thanks to its 440 overkill damage.

I look at the Dow Thumper as the mirrored version of the Shredder as it has slightly better close range viability for the tradeoff that it has far less range than the Shredder and also shoots slower if it wants to push out to these 20ish meter ranges.

Overall I think that shotguns are too forgiving and their two / three shot ranges are way too good considering that a half decent shotgun player will abuse cover inbetween shots. The whole Meta with the RFP still being an absolute laserbeam with 40 meters effective range makes it even worse and honestly just boring to play against because it feels like you're pressured at an insane range by a secondary that has a 1 second ttk and pinpoint accuracy which makes pushing into any reasonable range of a shotgun player even harder unless you pull out a ranged weapon which then completely negates the ability to push a shotgun at all.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seriously when will this shotgun meta end?

at least they can revert shotgun changes until they finish balance tests right?

why are you doing this LO?

Edited by SML

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was wondering, does the balancing team realize the problem with shotguns? It seems like they think it's fine. If they do, when are they reverting it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that LO wants to show that they are taking charge of things and that they are serious and stuff but....
This is a result of this. Like, we get it. You're doing stuff. OK. Now:

1) fix engine
2) everything else.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unclean said:

What if they permanently slapped a choke (red mod) on all shredders? Gives it the range, and takes away the ability to equip CJ3 (which seems to be the problem to most.. I only use IR3 on it)

Shotguns are supposed to be strong in CQC since they are very niche weapons. The shredder, however, is supposed to be able to reach out of that niche and be a good weapon for close-mid range and be effective to soft and hard targets. It simply should not be as strong in CQC. 

I'm not sure how to make the JG okay.. maybe just make the damage dropoff after the effective range much steeper or something similar.

When myself and jkohh use stock shredders and drop 20-30+ kills a mission. The mods help, but theyre nowhere near what makes them strong, its just the base gun. Its stupid broken. If youre a good player and youre using one, the other team needs to use one or they get molliwhopped.

lets not forget on top of its insane damage, range, and low ttk, you can fire it out of car windows and it melts cars.

Now when you have mods, theyre all pretty broken on a shredder because the gun is broken, but some stand out such as Mag Pull 3 giving it the fastest or second fastest reload in the game. Its a joke. Edited by Virgil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Virgil said:
When myself and jkohh use stock shredders and drop 20-30+ kills a mission. The mods help, but theyre nowhere near what makes them strong, its just the base gun. Its stupid broken. If youre a good player and youre using one, the other team needs to use one or they get molliwhopped.

lets not forget on top of its insane damage, range, and low ttk, you can fire it out of car windows and it melts cars.

Now when you have mods, theyre all pretty broken on a shredder because the gun is broken, but some stand out such as Mag Pull 3 giving it the fastest or second fastest reload in the game. Its a joke.
It's gets beaten by mid range weapons like ARs in mid+ range where ARs niche is, beaten by other shotguns in closer range, and rewards those who aim instead of hip fire.. It's only broken if it outperforms weapons made for mid range at mid range which it doesn't, or beats out CQC weapons which it doesn't.. 

The changes being made to the shredder take it from a .74 TTK which is already higher than ARs and relevant smgs to .84.. This will definitely help with things, but limits it's usability. I just dislike that once any weapon actually hits meta standards, it's shot down for reasons like... people not owning the weapon and actually using it to see what it can use to limit it's potential.. like a locked red mod.

by default the gun isn't broken, it's just good.. and there's nothing wrong with that. It's when you speed up the ttk to be under .7 and you still have that reliability is when trouble hits. I still prefer to run it with IR3 myself lol
 
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, Hexerin said:
On 8/20/2018 at 3:50 PM, Uqe said:

you're not the only one

JrwoEAN.png

 

Approaching a 20% drop in playerbase in the past 30 days alone... with current trends, game will surpass the "dead-ness" it was at when Little Orbit picked it up by the end of next month.
its obviously unfair graph since summer has more people playing games than in school time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

I get that LO wants to show that they are taking charge of things and that they are serious and stuff but....
This is a result of this. Like, we get it. You're doing stuff. OK. Now:

1) fix engine
2) everything else.

I second this ,while I don't love the new shotgun meta its not like OCA is unviable; shredder is strong but honestly has fine range imo, make it a 4 shot that should be the only change. An above poster mentioned that spread pattern should reward good aim, that too would be a sufficient change . In the end the engine update should come out before the end of the year, best case scenario December > Engine Update > brand new X-Mas event to draw in new player base > Fix threat and matchmaking problems ; all of these content and balance changes are secondary and metaphorically an life ring that can't float being thrown to a drowning sailor Edited by Davess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the shotgun damage just  nerf at  50/55% health damage x shot at close range(like the scout at long range), Can be that a possible solution?

The shreader is a weapon that shots not bullets but shopping carts of bullets until 45m XD
Edited by PingOVER9000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Unclean said:
It's gets beaten by mid range weapons like ARs in mid+ range where ARs niche is, beaten by other shotguns in closer range, and rewards those who aim instead of hip fire.. It's only broken if it outperforms weapons made for mid range at mid range which it doesn't, or beats out CQC weapons which it doesn't.. 

The changes being made to the shredder take it from a .74 TTK which is already higher than ARs and relevant smgs to .84.. This will definitely help with things, but limits it's usability. I just dislike that once any weapon actually hits meta standards, it's shot down for reasons like... people not owning the weapon and actually using it to see what it can use to limit it's potential.. like a locked red mod.

by default the gun isn't broken, it's just good.. and there's nothing wrong with that. It's when you speed up the ttk to be under .7 and you still have that reliability is when trouble hits. I still prefer to run it with IR3 myself lol
 
>>I just dislike that once any weapon actually hits meta standards, it's shot down for reasons like... people not owning the weapon and actually using it to see what it can use to limit it's potential.. like a locked red mod.


DAMN SON.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PingOVER9000 said:

if the shotgun damage just  nerf at  50/55% health damage x shot at close range(like the scout at long range), Can be that a possible solution?

The shreader is a weapon that shots not bullets but shopping carts of bullets until 45m XD
The weapon does 41.6% HP damage if enough pellets hit, and is never a 2-shot kill (not even to fragile users)

at 45m this gun is hardly a support weapon. 10m-30m is where this weapon shines.. If they lock a red mod on it, then it'll nerf the CQC power which seems to be the problem right now.

The range of this gun is not the issue. It's meant to be effective farther out than other shotguns. The issue is that right now, if you slap CJ3 on it, it's effective from 1mmm-25m and nothing can beat it.. except a JG with CJ3 lol
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Unclean

Video of stock shredder gameplay inc. Nothing beats it within 35m, you’re delusional. Gun is broken. Nothing about the gun lands anywhere close to balanced even without mods. Hopefully gameplay/narrated gameplay/side by sides can demonstrate my point.  I dont have the slighest clue why people think itll be okay with barely any nerfs.

you do not need mods for this gun to rip everyone and everything apart Edited by Virgil
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I just vomited

: /
Come on it wasn't that bad bro :'(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...