CookiePuss

Wake me up when this JG / Shredder meta is over

1 hour ago, dett2 said:
The ttk is .74 isn't it? with CJ3 .69 
drop off range is 20m, How is it balanced.
Anyway shotguns are overpowered now.
especially shredder and thumper.
I hope LO balanced them.
Shotguns were overpowered years ago as well, point? Remember when every match had a csg or jg? "but thats not oooopppp" and then it got nerfed and shotguns stopped being used because they weren't cqc pwners in mission districts anymore.

TTK for mine is always going to be .84, i fixed the post after I rechecked, i mentioned why in other post responding. Dropoff is 20m because THAT is its intended NICHE, its not meant to compete against the csg and jg on equal footing in cqc like you ASSUME (really would make is absolutely useless having to cqc marksman mode a weapon against other shotguns), its meant for a range past their range, aka 15-30m.

You even buy the thing before this whole "shotgun buff"? I was killing people with mine at 25m LONG before this buff happened, the only difference is now its a reliable gun, and people HATE  that fact because now people are using a gun that they never had to face before let alone compete against.
1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I like the consistency of new shotguns, but its low ttk puts shotties on too good spot, and they basicaly overshadows smgs now. I d like shotguns consistency and even range to stay the same, but its TTK needs to be raised to draw shotguns back to its defensive roots instead of being unbeatable universal cqc weapon. Corner jumping, and taking advantage of covers between reloads is how pump shotties should be used. 

Problem of shredder lays in its hipfire accuracy. With RS3 I had no reason to aim in marksman mode at all. Decrease its hipfire accuracy. Problem solved. Its sure consistent but its rly not that op in short-mid range. It often costs one or more clips to kill an enemy staying 30-40m away. All it costs is not to sh*t your pants while somebody is shooting at you with shredder. Just fire back.

Sry but I dont find myself struggling to kill JG / CSG user, but the weapon indeed needs to be put back to its place.

The problem is they released the modable varients. 😂😂😂

He is defending his shredder:classic_wacko:
seems its a waste of time.

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
On 8/21/2018 at 4:58 AM, Similarities said:

I'm actually curious as to where all of the people who were defending (read: shilling) the shotguns are at, why aren't there more in this thread? There were a lot talking about how great it was just a week or so ago, now they're all MIA suddenly. 🤔

they’re probably playing the game instead of whining on the forums
Ah, so they play constantly and never ever read or write on the forums when they were shilling how balanced shotguns were a week ago. Got it.

1 hour ago, Keshi said:

3shotting people at 40m.

I can't even count how many time's I've read this over the past couple days. 
But it just isn't true, The maximum 3 shotting range of the shredder (even with IR3) is 28m 

Edit: This is not me defending the current shredder, I believe it could do with bit of reduced range. But there's no point in arguing over wrong information. Edited by Kevkof
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
I can't even count how many time's I've read this over the past couple days. 
But it just isn't true, The maximum 3 shotting range of the shredder (even with IR3) is 28m 

Edit: This is not me defending the current shredder, I believe it could do with bit of reduced range. But there's no point in arguing over wrong information.
^this

I may not personally be happy with the current shotgun changes, shredder included, but if you really think it can 3 shot at 40m you are simply incorrect. 
If you dont believe the stats (shredder does 30% damage at 40m), grab a buddy and a shredder, and test it yourself. 

12 minutes ago, FluttershyI said:

Shredder is fine 😛

I thought that Chernobyl was abandoned

1 hour ago, FluttershyI said:

Shredder is fine 😛

[video]

i counted 6 or 7 shots, which would put the ttk at about 1.5s - 1.7s

the shredder might be slightly overtuned but a video of you running around in the open missing all your shots and getting killed doesnt really help your case

I got some play time in with the shredder today
Not sure how its TTK stacks up against other CQC weapons but it easily goes beyond most shotguns' and even some SMGs ranges - and that's with CJ3 and no sight mods

Shotguns in general should have their range reduced a bunch honestly, but given the nature of most engagements in the game they'll always be a pain in the arse to deal with

22 hours ago, FluttershyI said:

Shredder is fine 😛

absolutely fine , i want this very easy AR.

On 8/21/2018 at 1:54 PM, Keshi said:
On 8/21/2018 at 2:14 AM, dett2 said:

agree.
FIX shredder first.
N-TEC is fine. The problem is Shredder.
Shredder is really really broken now. 
And everyone are using shotgun , its boring.

i disagree...played for 2hours and in 70% of all the games i played atleast 1 of the 4 had a shotgun... so not everyone 
more like 4 out of 4
(or atleast 3)

3 minutes ago, neophobia said:
more like 4 out of 4
(or atleast 3)
played several missions on jericho and encountered 2 shotguns, both in the same mission

the opp promptly changed guns by the second stage

On 8/21/2018 at 2:14 AM, dett2 said:

N-TEC is fine.

That statement right there just rendered the rest of your post quite vain. The N-TEC and variants are just as 'not fine' as the Shredder, and to some extent, the other shotguns affected by the latest balancing pass. Both need a harsh balancing pass in order to broaden the variety of weapons used in missions. People will always have their favourites, but it would be nice to see weapons balanced to a point where successfully being able to use the same primary/secondary combo (N-TEC / FBW) in all situations, would not be fruitful at all. It would force players to change weapons mid-mission more often, according to the circumstances, and would make for a more dynamic experience.

2013 meta was most fun, most inherently rewarding, and had the most options. (real carbine, real obeya, great ntec, qsing, shotguns worked, oca was sicc, i suppose pmg was only thing that needed to be touched. but the important thing was that the TTK of everything was even enough that you could compete with anything.)

bring that back, bring back ladders, and a threat system that encourages competitive play, instead of boring two-gun meta, nothing to compete for, and a threat system where 99% of your population gets gold once and never loses it.

Edited by Virgil

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

2013 meta was most fun, most inherently rewarding, and had the most options. (real carbine, real obeya, great ntec, qsing, shotguns worked, oca was sicc, i suppose pmg was only thing that needed to be touched. but the important thing was that the TTK of everything was even enough that you could compete with anything.)

bring that back, bring back ladders, and a threat system that encourages competitive play, instead of boring two-gun meta, nothing to compete for, and a threat system where 99% of your population gets gold once and never loses it.

I like the idea of threat system that u dont lose gold when u reach it or be so hard to lose it. Also automatically when u became gold to got kicked from bronze district

WAKE ME UP WHEN THIS JG / SHREDDER META IS OVER
By CookiePuss,

Add me too, I returned back around 2 weeks ago, at the beginning the game was still quite enjoyable also with all JG everywhere, but now I see  SHREDDER everway I turn my sight and 50% of the matchmakings there is one or two with it and make kill at 40meter.

I tried it me too, no NEED AIMING, it's a NFAS with 40 m drop off, withour recoil/ spread issues, and enough ammo for kill 3 people togheter..no skill..no sense..no enjoyments..

THAT the IDEA of WEAPONS BALANCING??
And I have given 200 euro some days ago... for that?  NO THANKS, I prefer spending my time while a recover my bones in other way

BYE Edited by PingOVER9000

1 hour ago, Akratos said:
I like the idea of threat system that u dont lose gold when u reach it or be so hard to lose it. Also automatically when u became gold to got kicked from bronze district

used to be bronze/silver/gold 1-10.

gold 10 was max, very hard to obtain and hold, and announced your entry upon joining district.

you moved a lot within your respective level, and it was easy to drop threat.

rn i can lose ~40-50 missions in a row and not lose gold. (jk0h tested it on stream, lmao. 46 losses afk on an alt, and didn't lose gold.)

last video from when the game was decent, and it was after the competitive part of the game was already butchered. Edited by Virgil

Shotguns were absolutely fine before LO balance, there is nothing in common between weapon stats and game hitreg issues . If they rly try to fix hitreg issues with buffs when they should buff all weapons cuz time to time i get no hitreg with all weapons not just shotguns.

Edited by MartisLTU

6 hours ago, Virgil said:
rn i can lose ~40-50 missions in a row and not lose gold. (jk0h tested it on stream, lmao. 46 losses afk on an alt, and didn't lose gold.)
Missions don't count towards your threat if you get too low of a score. Going AFK means -100 score.

35 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
7 hours ago, Virgil said:
Missions don't count towards your threat if you get too low of a score. Going AFK means -100 score.
didn't know that, thank you.

point still stands, may not be as drastic though. I have actually lost 18-20 in a row before to no impact to our threat levels while participating.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:00 PM, CookiePuss said:

Man, someones gonna be mad when they fix the shredder. 

Mine won't change much honestly, its the preset "ir3" varient, unless they decrease its range down to 10m it wont really effect me.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:05 AM, Nitronik said:

I got some play time in with the shredder today
Not sure how its TTK stacks up against other CQC weapons but it easily goes beyond most shotguns' and even some SMGs ranges - and that's with CJ3 and no sight mods

Shotguns in general should have their range reduced a bunch honestly, but given the nature of most engagements in the game they'll always be a pain in the arse to deal with

Shredder isn't meant to be facing off cqc against the JG nor CSG, its range is further