Aeronaut

what WOULD you give G1 credit for?

...besides keeping the bed lukewarm for LO.

Edited by Aeronaut

Uhh... well.. keeping the game alive, somehow.
They barely did anything else to be honest.

• Like 1

¯\_( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)_/¯

buying the game so later it could be sold to a different company with proper management

I thank Puck ( the customer support) guy for his steadfast dedication in replying tickets. He replies tickets swiftly, professionally and at unbelievable speeds.

Despite of G1 running at a bad state and players werent happy with game owners, he did his work at the best way he could as a customer support guy. 

Even many say that he was more like a bot and get mad at him for not being helpful. I never had such a time. My memorable incidents with puck.

- I got scammed twice in my acct.
- A frnd of mine sent me a  bishada on my enf character thru ingame mail by mistake. i mailed cs regarding this and he sent me a kisakki kit, stating that he couldnt help with retrieval but i could use this instead.
- I got a couple days premium cuz i couldnt spend money on g1c. (Couldnt afford with my currency) cuz my frnd made this tattoo from prison break.
- A couple of joker boxes.

If he could be such a sportive person during a crisis, i think he shd be provided with an employment under the new management. 

If u're reading this, thanks for what you did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

keeping APB alive for the time they did.. It was only a matter of time before someone came along and took the reigns.
G1 was the guy that applied the CPR only for the chance that they would get a reward after the revival..
I hope the reward was slight.

LO IS our new overlords and I am going to pile money (infact ive already started, new guns baby! perm across my account!)
APB FTW. The servers are running very well, I dont see hackers, the Hack Sites are even saying they are not selling hacks now. This never happened when G1 was on the go. EVER. LO FTW.

G1 made the game Free to Play...

-they added new vehicles and vehicle variants, plus adjusted vehicle behavior
-Added gun drop off range, among other balance changes
-They tried to balance the maps by limiting roof access and adding openings (mostly in Waterfront)
-Added end game contacts.
-Added Fight Club mode, with Beacon, Asylum and Baylan maps. 

...I'm probably missing a few things.

• Like 2

When you're tired as fuck and read this as "what would you give g1 credit for" as what do you want to see in armas  that you would pay for with G1C then have no idea what the fuck people are talking about in the thread...

• Like 1

Thank them for leaving.

I'd thank G1 for giving me a bunch of free stuffs man, The old refer a friend was the best. I got myself a Cap 40 two slot, Temptress, Colby 45... Good times.

I commend them for their constant stream of events themed around the different ways they could sell JMBs.

Real dedication to the cause.

One thing the old G1 team added that was an unquestionable improvement:

WEAPON SKINS.

With a game so focused on visual customization, more aspects of it can never be a bad thing.

• Like 1

Not nuking the game, I guess. It's not easy to answer the question: all the promises they left unattended make it really difficult to see the bright side of that.

But yeah, I'd say not nuking the game after all this time. I would have missed completely disregarding my safety during missions so that the enemy can get a lot of kills and still lose.

Keeping the game on life support or we wouldn't be here shooting at each other today

Easter event and mugging for eggs event

Halloween pumpkin events

The new cars  clothing guns etc they added which made things much more lively

Various fight club as people already mentioned

That insane physics when they tried fixing it which makes my 4x4 even more fun to make airborne rofl

I'm sure there's other stuff

40 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Tiggs is/was hot. I can’t rub one out to Matty’s avatar, seriously...

Someone either posted on the old forums or mentioned this in game back then totally forgot about how some do lol

I've been waiting for a thread like this for a while. Note I am not a fan of how G1 handled the game they at least did quite a bit more than people give them credit for.

Buying the game and keeping it alive.
Revamping the game away from that terrible RTW payment model.
Changing the TTK for the better (though this is a little subjective)
Revamping some vehicles for the better.
Adjusting player movement and jump speeds for the better.
Adjusting the player and vehicle cameras for the better.
Revamping mods for the better.
Changes to witnessing and ram raid mechanics.
Reworking the game progression.
Bringing back Asylum and continuing work on it (even if still unfinished).
Reworking missions.
Reworking the spawn system.
Adding score system and reworking threat calculations.
Glicko system.
A huge number of fixes over the life span of the game.
Adding 'bounce physics' to deter griefing.
Added meshes/props/district adjustements.
Uniform interacts, such as vehicle spawners.
Added further lore and story elements.
Reduced speed on vehicles for items and vip.
A large number of new weapons, clothing, vehicles, etc.
Threat level overhaul.
Threat 'bell curve' revisions.
Added new contacts.
New mods.
Weapon skins.
Fight club.
Joker tickets, challeneges and other mechanics surrounding them, and the Joker store.
Numerous seasonal events.
Numerous daily events.
Reworking/overhauling/adding numerous areas in districts.
Retail Box.
Further store content.
Marketing and that 'lovely' live action trailer.
Chaos District.
Anarchy District.
Open Conflict District.
Shader/graphical rework.
Effective range rework.
Hitbox adjustments.
Optimization (though this come with some graphical downsides).
Titles.
Open test world.
SPCM.
SPCT.
Reopening of the artist programme.
Overhaul of the spawn system.
HUD/UI/Menu Adjustments.
Scaleform implementation (though this may have been worse in some areas).
Daily activites.
Steam release.
The APB Vendetta meme.
Implementation of a new Tutorial.
Implementation Fairfight.
Shotgun spread rework.
A number of weapon reworks.
Team leadership requesting.
Team kick based on demerits.
Fixing and adding Achievements.
Fixing and adding Merits.
Console Launch.
Loyalty Rewards.

I am sure I have missed a ton and can already think of more. Not to mention the numerous changes behind the scenes that we would not know about.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I've been waiting for a thread like this for a while. Note I am not a fan of how G1 handled the game they at least did quite a bit more than people give them credit for.

Buying the game and keeping it alive. ✅
Revamping the game away from that terrible RTW payment model. ✅
Changing the TTK for the better (though this is a little subjective) the initial short-but-not-too-short ttk change loses its luster for the steady ttk creep we've had ever since
Revamping some vehicles for the better. ✅
Adjusting player movement and jump speeds for the better. ✅
Adjusting the player and vehicle cameras for the better. ✅
Revamping mods for the better. ✅
Changes to witnessing and ram raid mechanics. i feel like the witness/ramraid changes were intended more to stop than to fix
Reworking the game progression. ✅
Bringing back Asylum and continuing work on it (even if still unfinished). ✅
Reworking missions. pretty sure they just deleted "bad" missions instead of balancing them
Reworking the spawn system. ✅
Adding score system and reworking threat calculations. score is awarded too liberally and threat was dumbed down far too much
Glicko system. ✅
A huge number of fixes over the life span of the game. a large number of bug fixes and a large number of bug creations
Adding 'bounce physics' to deter griefing. ✅
Added meshes/props/district adjustements. too much deleting rather than balancing
Uniform interacts, such as vehicle spawners. probably a minority, but i liked faction locked spawners/ammo machines 
Added further lore and story elements. ✅
Reduced speed on vehicles for items and vip. ✅
A large number of new weapons, clothing, vehicles, etc. ✅
Threat level overhaul. threat was dumbed down too much
Threat 'bell curve' revisions. these were only done twice iirc, and were largely useless since threat is not dynamic
Added new contacts. ✅
New mods. ✅
Weapon skins. ✅
Fight club. ✅
Joker tickets, challeneges and other mechanics surrounding them, and the Joker store. ✅
Numerous seasonal events. ✅
Numerous daily events. ✅
Reworking/overhauling/adding numerous areas in districts. too much deleting rather than rebalancing
Retail Box. ✅
Further store content. ✅
Marketing and that 'lovely' live action trailer. ✅
Chaos District. ✅
Anarchy District. ✅
Open Conflict District. ✅
Shader/graphical rework. the crap shaders is something the forum community is pretty not in favor of
Effective range rework. i feel the dropoff system was implemented poorly
Hitbox adjustments. ✅
Optimization (though this come with some graphical downsides). ✅
Titles. ✅
Open test world. ✅
SPCM. ✅
SPCT. ✅
Reopening of the artist programme. ✅✅
Overhaul of the spawn system. ✅
HUD/UI/Menu Adjustments. ✅
Scaleform implementation (though this may have been worse in some areas). never finished 
Daily activites. ✅
Steam release. ✅
The APB Vendetta meme. nah
Implementation of a new Tutorial. the tutorial is more comprehensive but less practical and is missing info on some important gameplay systems
Implementation Fairfight. ✅
Shotgun spread rework. ✅
A number of weapon reworks. ✅
Team leadership requesting. ✅
Team kick based on demerits. should have been a vote kick
Fixing and adding Achievements. ✅
Fixing and adding Merits. ✅
Console Launch. the fact that we had a console launch is good but the actual game, not so much
Loyalty Rewards. ✅

I am sure I have missed a ton and can already think of more. Not to mention the numerous changes behind the scenes that we would not know about.

my thoughts and opinions that no one asked for or cares about

side note, whats with all the wonky default text colors

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
my thoughts and opinions that no one asked for or cares about

side note, what with all the wonky default text colors

Guess I'll reply to some. Some are valid though.

Changes to witnessing and ram raid mechanics. i feel like the witness/ramraid changes were intended more to stop than to fix
This was in reference to the actual implementation of witnessing and the mechanics of ramraiding that we have now.

Reworking missions. pretty sure they just deleted "bad" missions instead of balancing them
This was talking about mainly last stages of many missions. Such as removal of the one sided Takeout missions. Also they fixed a number of broken missions.

Added meshes/props/district adjustements. too much deleting rather than balancing
This was in reference to adding a number of jump locations, further cover in areas, etc.

Reworking/overhauling/adding numerous areas in districts. too much deleting rather than rebalancing
This was in reference to reworking a number of camp spots, adding new locations to district, new routes, etc.

Shader/graphical rework. the crap shaders is something the forum community is pretty not in favor of
This includes more than just the shader/tone mapping. Things like adjustments to light and extensions to cloud cover.

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This was in reference to the actual implementation of witnessing and the mechanics of ramraiding that we have now.

fair, altho they basically shot themselves in the foot with the hard limit they added later

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This was talking about mainly last stages of many missions. Such as removal of the one sided Takeout missions. Also they fixed a number of broken missions.

fair point, the your drop/their drop mechanic was also a g1 addition iirc

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This was in reference to adding a number of jump locations, further cover in areas, etc

misunderstood this one, agreed these were good changes

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This was in reference to reworking a number of camp spots, adding new locations to district, new routes, etc.

g1 was just as prone to removing problem areas as they were to actually fixing them, i still feel like the districts are "smaller" than they were in cbt/obt

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This includes more than just the shader/tone mapping. Things like adjustments to light and extensions to cloud cover.

honestly im not sure if everything else can make up for The Big One, game just looks like poop now 

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

g1 was just as prone to removing problem areas as they were to actually fixing them, i still feel like the districts are "smaller" than they were in cbt/obt

What area did they remove, besides the obvious camp spots that really did need removing for the better?

Killing the game to the ground

Despite all the truly awful shit they've done to this game, they have also made a whole lot of improvements.

Weapon skins, Asylum (even though it's still not finished), Tiptoe Birth Gumball and Lynette though they existed since RTW, just weren't in the actual game, increased jump height to what it is now, added a sweet Halloween event, etc.  A lot of cool things happened while Mok was the creative director actually.  He'd be the reason we got that Halloween event and the Growl.

Hell in 2011 they even made the game look prettier than it already was before they swiftly destroyed it in 2013 and made it look worse than it did in 2010.

And lastly, they kept the game running this long.  If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be able to play APB anymore.

I strongly disagree with a LOT of their choices, but they did a lot of good things for the game.  I still feel like the amount of bad things that happened outweighed the good though.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

22 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

Debundled Wheel's kit from the Kurai Uber bundle

or a Inventory expansion Selector