MageLO

10/02 PATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello everyone,

Our standard weekly maintenance will be held this Wednesday (10/02) starting at 9 AM UTC. The game should be back up and running in 6 to 8 hours.

Patchnotes

Another week, another balance pass! This balance pass focuses primarily on buffing underutilized Modifications to bring them up in power as well as two slight nerfs to the Mobile Cover character modification and Med Spray consumable. In addition to these changes, we've fine-tuned several vehicles and addressed unintended gameplay and visual issues related to them.

Modification Balance:

Mobile cover:

• Once activated Mobile Cover now takes 0.5s before spawning in the players hands.

Med Spray:

• Recovery initiated by Med Spray now has 50% reduced recovery rate.

Weapon Silencers:

• Pistol Silencer no longer reduces magazine capacity by 1 bullet.
  • Sniper Silencer no longer reduces range by 7 meters.
  • Rifle Silencer no longer reduces hard damage by 10%.

Hard Landing

• No longer increases fall damage taken by 10%

Happy Landings

• Downside reduced from 0.1/0.2/0.3m/s to 0.05/0.1/0.15m/s

Heavy Barrel

• Damage reduction lowered from 5/10/15% to 2/5/10%

Magazine Pull

• Magazine size reduction lowered from 15/20/25% to 10/15/20%

Extended Magazine

• Reload time increase lowered from 20/40/60% to 10/20/30%

Mobility Sling

• No longer increases equip time by 15%

All affected modifications have had their descriptions updated if applicable.

Weapon Balance:

N-ISSR-B

• Effective Range reduced from 90 meters to 83 meters.

Dev Note: The N-ISSR-B were the only Snipers designed with the Sniper Silencer range reduction in mind, with that removed we're lowering its Effective Range by 7 meters to keep its effectiveness the same.

Vehicle changes:

Varzuga Rally XS:

• Fixed an issue in which the car did not have enough downforce when going into sharp turns, causing it to tip over onto its side.

Dolton Broadwing:

• Increased ride height slightly.
  • Adjusted the suspension to make the wheels slightly less bouncy.

Dev Note: These changes should make it significantly harder for the Broadwing to get stuck on sidewalks or other obstacles especially when driving around the Central Park in Financial.

V20 Jericho:

• Adjusted the position of the rear wheels visuals so they no longer stick out.

IO Growl:

• Increased ride height.
  • Adjusted the suspension to make the wheels slightly less bouncy.
  • Increased Suspension Travel distance.

Dev Note: Much like the Broadwing the Growl struggled with having its chassis getting stuck on obstacles such as sidewalks or small bumps often bringing it to a full stop so we have increased its ride height slightly and made its chassis less bouncy much like we did with the Broadwing.

Charge Cisco:

• Reduced the amount the Cisco's chassis moves when accelerating.

Sungnyemun Moirai:

• Changed the visuals of both front and rear wheels slightly so the wheels no longer excessively clip into the ground.

Sungnyemun Mirage:

• Increased ride height slightly.
  • Changed the visuals of both front and rear wheels slightly so the wheels no longer excessively clip into the ground.

Benkz Mhuller M1:

• Changed its drive type from RWD to AWD.

Dev Note: This fixes the notorious counter steering issue when accelerating and also serves as a minor buff to the vehicle.

Miscellaneous changes:

• The LC Mirage is now spawning as a Moirai again.
  • Damaging an enemy as an Enforcer no longer slightly increases your Prestige level.
  • Adjusted UI Stat bars for the ISSR-C 'Kingdom' and ISSR-B
  • Fixed an issue with the description of Lucas Van Rooyen's rare daily activity.
  • The 2 Slot Mirage unlocked at Level 15 of Lynette/Lucas is now tradable.

Thank you for your patience during this period.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

As usual here are the raw stat changes for our advanced users that are a little more familiar with how weapon stats work behind the scenes.

N-ISSR-B:

• Ramp Distance reduced from 9000 to 8300.

Varzuga Rally XS:

• ComOffsetZ increased from -10 to -20

Dolton Broadwing:

• SuspensionDamping increased from 2 to 3
  • Front wheel Mesh/BoneOffset_2 changed from -16 to -18

• Rear wheel Mesh/BoneOffset_2 changed from -15 to -18

V20 Jericho:

• RearWheelMeshOffset_1 changed from 0 to -2

IO Growl:

• SuspensionDamping increased from 3 to 4
  • FrontSuspensionTravel changed from 15 to 30
  • RearSuspensionTravel changed from 15 to 30
  • FrontWheelMeshOffset_2 changed from -1.5 to -5.5
  • RearWheelMeshOffset_2 changed from -1.5 to -5.5
  • FrontWheelBoneOffset_2 changed from -1.5 to -5.5
  • RearWheelBoneOffset_2 changed from -1.5 to -5.5

Charge Cisco:

• ChassisTorqueFactor reduced from 0.04 to 0.01

Sungnyemun Moirai:

• FrontWheelMeshOffset_2 changed from -8 to -10
  • RearWheelMeshOffset_2 changed from -11 to -8

Sungnyemun Mirage:

• FrontWheelMeshOffset_2 changed from -14 to -12
  • FrontWheelBoneOffset_2 changed from -14 to -15
  • RearWheelBoneOffset_2 changed from -11 to -15

• Like 1

I have the Cisco JX04 "DevilDog", so I am assuming that the

changes to the Charge Cisco applies to the Devil Dog.

Question for the ill-informed ?

How does this affect the car ?

Charge Cisco:
    Reduced the amount the Cisco's chassis moves when accelerating.
    ChassisTorqueFactor reduced from 0.04 to 0.01

I never really noticed the chassis swaying about before, ( if that's what is meant by "chassis moves when accelerating" )

I did notice a few days ago (9/28), that the Cisco was not as quick in acceleration as it was a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure if changes were snuck in during the 9/25 patch or I was imagining it.

Seems good on paper, though I am questioning the changes to Magazine pull. It honestly felt fine from personal experience and never really felt bad to the point that I felt It needed a buff. I'll take it, but would love to hear why you felt a buff to the magazine size for Magazine Pull was needed.

Also going to be interesting to see how the buff to Heavy Barrel unfolds. Judging from the stats alone, It feels like HB2 Ntec 5 makes a return. Though I guess time will tell If the worries from it returning will be valid enough, considering the Ntec 5 Itself has undergone some changes since then other than the damage nerf that It received to counteract HB2 being so powerful on it. But If It ends up becoming more viable on other weapons, that's good I guess?

A very welcome buffs, but imo HB should not have damage penalty at all, replace it with range for example

While the HB2 N-TEC has been nice during playtests, its very unlikely to become 'meta' because Improved Rifling/Long Range Rifling add much more value to the weapon. I don't expect to see it used super much but it sure is nice to have as an option.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

A very welcome buffs, but imo HB should not have damage penalty at all, replace it with range for example

This was suggested, but it actually makes the DMR broken, so this is why the downside was damage and not range. 

Not bad, not bad at all.

Keep the good changes coming, one patch at a time.

Thank you for finally doing what matters.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MageLO said:

Damaging an enemy as an Enforcer no longer slightly increases your Prestige level.

no more easy grenade picks 

3 hours ago, Nickolai said:

This was suggested, but it actually makes the DMR broken, so this is why the downside was damage and not range. 

The DMR should have never had damage ramp-up. Doing a flat 400 damage from 0-100M would have been fine.

On 9/30/2024 at 1:14 PM, MageLO said:

Sungnyemun Mirage:

What's the word on the Enforcer Light situation?

5 hours ago, Westford said:

Yes it will apply to all version's of the Cisco whether they come from a contact or other players.

5 hours ago, Westford said:

Charge Cisco:

Essentially when accelerating (Holding W) the car's chassis will move based on how much Torque the vehicle has, to make sure that the car doesn't do a straight up wheelie the ChassisTorqueFactor modifier exists which decreases how much the chassis moves. 

The Cisco used to be set to 0.015 but was accidentally changed to 0.04 sometime around christmas last year which created a scenario in which the wheels would clip through the chassis quite frequently. 

This change aims to fix the clipping issue and has no real other effects on how the vehicle handles so don't expect it to handle any different than you're used to.

13 hours ago, Westford said:

Question for the ill-informed ?

How does this affect the car ?

Charge Cisco:

I never really noticed the chassis swaying about before, ( if that's what is meant by "chassis moves when accelerating" )

I did notice a few days ago (9/28), that the Cisco was not as quick in acceleration as it was a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure if changes were snuck in during the 9/25 patch or I was imagining it.

it's basically means nothing, because Cisco is still a trash, but if you wonder: it means that chassis will be less squating when you accelerate  i.e. less weight distribution when you drive your car

also

And yes, i too noticed that Cisco became slower, but it was since the update with changing Cisco's weight

2 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Why change the Varzuga Rally XS to not flip at high speed turns?????  That was the whole reason anyone even used the car, it was funny 😠

because before devs added this car into progression - it was a niche meme car nobody cares about

but when people started to use it - they found a "surprise" that Rally XS is a rolling shit!

Of course i was talking about similar behavior 2 years ago in my compacts' video, but nobody cared since then

What is the reason behind the falling mod changes? Why would you ever use happy landings 1/2 when level 3 is now no longer super punishing?

and the hard landing buff? that just seems quite extreme given how powerful having no fall-stun really can be. With no penalty why would you use anything other than carsurfer situationally over hard landings?

I am glad to see developers working on such things. It is a pity that this has not been done before. Please don't slow down, the game needs it badly. 
Please make shotguns really dangerous. I'm talking about bringing back the old characteristics of the NFAS shotgun. He was competitive and dangerous at short distances. But thanks to the whining of players who prefer a flat playing style and do not recognize anything but meta, this shotgun has become shit. It is also worth increasing the damage of shotguns to critical at short distances (up to 5-7 meters).

Pioneer N50 A - increase the ground clearance. Vegas G20 - reduce its ability to ram or reduce its mass. At the moment, it's a crazy iron on wheels. Balkan Varzuga Rally - make it all-wheel drive, reduce weight, lower the center of mass lower, increase power, reduce traction. Make a crazy stool out of it, with a crappy grip on the road, constantly drifting even in a straight line. It's going to be a real Rally.

Redesign the Mirage rims.

Edited by Yapopal

its great that you nerf all weapons but not this comon used like ntec, colby , obeya so we will only see this weapons in servers and you will get rekt if you want play with something other, ntec is so universal weapon that you get killed in long range and cqc so mayby buff shotguns like dow thumper/csg/ nfas  SBSR ? one vershion have so low range that make it useless, 

Edited by PonuryZniwiarz

19 hours ago, Haganu said:

The return of HB2 HS3 NTEC5...

ar4vrS.gif

5 hours ago, BillehBobJoe said:

With no penalty why would you use anything other than carsurfer situationally over hard landings?

Most of us will still be using Valz anyway. But I do agree on one thing, some mods (not just the one one you mentioned) don’t need 3 levels.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, PonuryZniwiarz said:

its great that you nerf all weapons but not this comon used like ntec, colby , obeya so we will only see this weapons in servers and you will get rekt if you want play with something other, ntec is so universal weapon that you get killed in long range and cqc so mayby buff shotguns like dow thumper/csg/ nfas  SBSR ? one vershion have so low range that make it useless, 

I don’t know the specifics, but more weapon balancing will happen.

• Like 1