Emily

Chat with Matt! April 16th 6PM UTC

4 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Why use configs if they spoil the graphics? For the sake of better performance? Seriously? Are you playing a calculator there?

yes

Please re-enable matchmaking between crims.  Factions are pointless outside of aesthetic.

• Like 2

There is no difference between a Veteran Player that is killing you 10 times without to die.

And a cheater Player that is killing you 10 times without to die.

Tell other player as cheater is easier to handle...

The missing matchmaker (becausd of missing pupulation) is the core problem.

Unbalanced weapons and modifications (Clotting Agent is total OP, all other green Mods are usless and to weak).

This is an cycle of death. New player joining the game... and leave them after a short of time because of its issues!

I am more and more frustated to get matched against better players. My Kevlat 3 gives me no protection to defeat them...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lRush said:

I was permanently trade locked myself with absolutely no explanation from support even after a year of kindly and respectfully requesting an explanation and I'm not the only one. 

You asked them to tell you why you were trade locked and they said no?
Thats odd.

I just quit the game because of the pointlessness of the fight. I'm ready to continue the game if I could get out of a crappy fight without using a game restart.

On 4/9/2024 at 8:19 PM, ninjarrrr said:

yeah well matt didnt even answer what happened with selling the rights to unit game last stream so he will most likely dodge the important questions anyway lol, also you dont need to be hiring a new community manager you need a new developer hahaha just thought i'd include that

Pretty sure he replied that he doesn't know what happened to them either.

15 minutes ago, Kast2 said:

Pretty sure he replied that he doesn't know what happened to them either.

he did on the forum yeah, just not on the stream. and being it was the most upvoted post on the last AMA thread i have no idea why he didnt answer it at the time

On 4/13/2024 at 6:36 AM, Todesklinge said:

There is no difference between a Veteran Player that is killing you 10 times without to die.

And a cheater Player that is killing you 10 times without to die.

Tell other player as cheater is easier to handle...

The missing matchmaker (becausd of missing pupulation) is the core problem.

Unbalanced weapons and modifications (Clotting Agent is total OP, all other green Mods are usless and to weak).

This is an cycle of death. New player joining the game... and leave them after a short of time because of its issues!

I am more and more frustated to get matched against better players. My Kevlat 3 gives me no protection to defeat them...

Wait as in without dying? 

But yeah you right kelvar implant vs low-golds and high silvers end up like "Nah I'd win", but against sweaty golds and cheaters it feels like it's not even doing what it's suppose to do

22 hours ago, Bruhd101 said:

but against sweaty golds and cheaters it feels like it's not even doing what it's suppose to do

game is about movement, using kev3 just gimps you vs players that can hit their shots. you're an easier target lol

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 8:07 AM, Rade said:

Visible threat level (Bronze, Silver, Gold etc) has many unintended consequences, to list a few;

• De-threating
  • Gold players abusing non gold players
  • Gold players terminating the game before the match ends to avoid spoiling their threat level
  • Gold players asking to be kicked out of the team and tking to make this happen
  • Gold players going afk during the match
  • Non Gold players going afk
  • Non Gold players terminating the game to leave the match
  • Non Gold players agreeing to be kicked from the team
  • All golds are cheaters perception

Too many players are more concerned about their gold threat than playing the game and the general toxicity surrounding threat has ruined the game for years and continues to do so.

Do you agree allowing players to see their threat level and that of others is a problem?

Can we make threat level hidden?

most the golds are cheaters though lol, legit players quit years ago

Edited by FakeBungo

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

game is about movement, using kev3 just gimps you vs players that can hit their shots. you're an easier target lol

not like I was an easy target anyways without it, getting killed  because 1-2 pixels of my leg didn't make it in time around a vehicle or prop as I was running like prime Thierry Henry

Edited by Bruhd101
  • Like 1

When are we getting new clothing!? Thats most important question. New content!

In a sign of a good will, can you check the unchecked box near the body swimsuit which was made by g1 and is still inside the code, the case which is identical to car mirage. 
Car mirage was promised for xmas event and was delivered.

Swimsuit was promised for "maybe" easter event but was not delivered.

Can you guys just check that box next to it so that you maybe invite some old players back? Or is it too much to ask too?

P.S. I am aware just 1 clothing piece wont invite everybody back, but since majority of ppl lost any hope for anything new, you could maybe at least give us this, since its already in the code?

Should be an easy task for that 1 programmer that works for ur Lil orbit. At this point nobody cares for engine upgrade anymore. Sorry I dont mean to sound harsh, but it is what it is. 

360_F_491558086_ueuRCd50FSytYjQEDNzSBqCV

• Like 2

But does anyone still have hope in this game, still have the motivation to ask questions about this dead game! :[

Posted (edited)

Hey Matt, I wonder will the "open world part" of APB get some love down the line? More to do for enforcers, more to do for criminals, including BOTH sides being reliant on the other (i.e. more cops on patrol more gain for the criminals, less cops out, less gain), as well as "drop off" points not spawning right next to where the witnessing happens but on the opposite site of the town for both sides, so we can have MORE chases happening?

Oh and if there is any chance that clan groups could be larger than just 4 people?

Thanks!

Edited by StevenDeckard

cant talk in twitch

KEEP FACTIONS

dont listen to clowns like this;

https://prnt.sc/sC8yGgKFShaq

i don't want yet another red vs blue game, ill just go play cod

• Like 3

Yeah Matt did say that they - thank god - will definitely keep factions so I think you got nothing to worry there mate 😉

The faction removal segment was pure copium. It would be another massive waste of Dev Time just to get bugs and no real progress on APB.

8 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

who said this?

Posted (edited)

super short highlight:

1.easyanticheat will be removed(most players unbanned)

2.new customer support service/platform soon

3.the matchmaking latest patch/work is ready(test in next couple of weeks)

4.theres not gonna be faction removal for mission districts(Matt hates the idea)

5.promotions for the game are planned after the new matchmaking patch + the new content(contacts)are live(the cross dist. thing gonna be later i guess)

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

When are we getting new clothing!? Thats most important question. New content!

In a sign of a good will, can you check the unchecked box near the body swimsuit which was made by g1 and is still inside the code, the case which is identical to car mirage. 
Car mirage was promised for xmas event and was delivered.

Can you guys just check that box next to it so that you maybe invite some old players back? Or is it too much to ask too?

P.S. I am aware just 1 clothing piece wont invite everybody back, but since majority of ppl lost any hope for anything new, you could maybe at least give us this, since its already in the code?

Should be an easy task for that 1 programmer that works for ur Lil orbit. At this point nobody cares for engine upgrade anymore. Sorry I dont mean to sound harsh, but it is what it is. 

360_F_491558086_ueuRCd50FSytYjQEDNzSBqCV

what if i told you they have no programmers

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

super short highlight:

1.easyanticheat will be removed(most players unbanned)

2.new customer support service/platform soon

3.the matchmaking latest patch/work is ready(test in next couple of weeks)

4.theres not gonna be faction removal for mission districts(Matt hates the idea)

5.promotions for the game are planned after the new matchmaking patch + the new content(contacts)are live(the cross dist. thing gonna be later i guess)

I'm a text guy, can't focus on long format talkshows. What else did I miss?

1. Is there going to be another anti-cheat? I feel like the EAC failure is not EAC's fault, but the way LO implemented it. For example, EAC blocks DXVK on Windows, but it works in Linux. That doesn't make sense.

2. From the customer perspective, the only issue I saw with the support portal is lack of clarity to what info is needed for the ticket. It was 1 giant form with every question customer support might need. The info text boxes should have been broken down, based on what type of support is needed. But, the layout wasn't an issue. If they added a tip stating "include relevant info", that would be good enough. No need to redesign it.

3. Revert to old system. There is no point in fine tuning matchmaking if the pop is too low to utilize it.

4. Which means new matchmaking will continue to produce poor results. I'm against removing factions, but there not enough players to refine the threat based matchmaking.

5. NO, DON'T PROMOTE THE GAME IN ITS CURRENT STATE. Ban cheaters who post on Youtube and Twitch. Disable super low resolution textures so the game doesn't look like poo on Youtube and Twitch. Fix the Mirage LOD model and textures, so the new content doesn't look like poo for returning players. Then maybe LO can focus on promotions. Don't use any streamers who play with stretched resolution, custom configs, or other modifications to the game's UI.

Little Orbit has been solving problems for a very, very long time, because of which the population is declining. For example, the imbalance of guns, the developers could fix it at least every week without attracting large resources. There are a thousand such examples. But the fact is that the developers themselves ruin their project with their inaction and indifference. 
This game is like a dog on a chain. Every six months, the owner brings her a barrel of water and a bag of feed. Everything seems to be fine, there is food, there is water, but for some reason dog want to die.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Little Orbit has been solving problems for a very, very long time, because of which the population is declining. For example, the imbalance of guns, the developers could fix it at least every week without attracting large resources. There are a thousand such examples. But the fact is that the developers themselves ruin their project with their inaction and indifference. 
This game is like a dog on a chain. Every six months, the owner brings her a barrel of water and a bag of feed. Everything seems to be fine, there is food, there is water, but for some reason dog want to die.

It doesn't help when this game has GM (ingame) telling players who complain about weapon balancing that "weapons are balanced, you need to learn game mechanics."

If weapons are balanced we wouldn't see all the tryhards using the same OP weapons.

• Like 2