Jump to content
MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It doesnt sound like the weapon balances are being tested on OTW.

 

^^^
This, which I'm happy about, because I've yet to see enough pop on OTW for anything, and the weapon test districts were very populated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
^^^
This, which I'm happy about, because I've yet to see enough pop on OTW for anything, and the weapon test districts were very populated.
They were also very, very broken on multiple levels. Low High TTK district was just player health increased, with no accompanying weapon rebalances, which obviously resulted in a pointless shitshow that G1 used as an excuse to say "see, nobody likes it!" Let's also not forget about the SHAW's bullets causing OPGL detonations on impact (which was absolutely hilarious while it lasted).
  Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
They were also very, very broken on multiple levels. Low TTK district was just player health increased, with no accompanying weapon rebalances, which obviously resulted in a pointless shitshow that G1 used as an excuse to say "see, nobody likes it!" Let's also not forget about the SHAW's bullets causing OPGL detonations on impact (which was absolutely hilarious while it lasted).

I wasn't talking about those test districts, I was talking about the weapon balance test districts, which worked perfectly, lol.

No need to go on a side rant about the high TTK test districts.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
^^^
This, which I'm happy about, because I've yet to see enough pop on OTW for anything, and the weapon test districts were very populated.
SKay tells me it WILL be otw... Im so confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yoss said:

That's not what Matt said.

Yeah Matt said:
"I can confirm that we are going to be turning the new weapon balance on in a specific zone for live servers so that players can test."

Which made me think not OTW.

And that would make sense since you will get more people playing it on the normal client vs downloading and installing OTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The proposed HVR change does not address the main problem with the HVR. Sure, QS/CQC shots are fairly easy to hit considering the damage output. A change to correct this problem is fine, but it will not stop players from using the HVR at all. We will continue to sit mid-long range, zoom in, 85 (completely take a player out of the game, pick them off with teammates, or just follow it up with a second shot). Not to mention there are plenty of above-average or overpowered secondaries (or low yields) we can use to kills players instead of using a nerfed HVR at close range. The gun is still going to be powerful even with this change, it is virtually unmatched mid to long range.

We understand the HVR is difficult to balance, but there are other options. You could buff Obir/Obeya (or other long range guns) to encourage more players to use those guns to counter an HVR. You could nerf the damage of the HVR to 650-700ish or nerf the clipsize (I still think the gun would be powerful, but a bit more balanced). Or you could take the gun out of the game, problem solved. Players will go back to using the Scout, Obir, Obeya for the most part instead.

Anyways, this proposed change is not terrible. I just do not think it goes far enough to really change anything. QS is a more a thing of the past anyways and HVR use will not change even with the slight nerf. 

 



 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Regime said:

The proposed HVR change does not address the main problem with the HVR. Sure, QS/CQC shots are fairly easy to hit considering the damage output. A change to correct this problem is fine, but it will not stop players from using the HVR at all. We will continue to sit mid-long range, zoom in, 85 (completely take a player out of the game, pick them off with teammates, or just follow it up with a second shot). Not to mention there are plenty of above-average or overpowered secondaries (or low yields) we can use to kills players instead of using a nerfed HVR at close range. The gun is still going to be powerful even with this change, it is virtually unmatched mid to long range.

We understand the HVR is difficult to balance, but there are other options. You could buff Obir/Obeya (or other long range guns) to encourage more players to use those guns to counter an HVR. You could nerf the damage of the HVR to 650-700ish or nerf the clipsize (I still think the gun would be powerful, but a bit more balanced). Or you could take the gun out of the game, problem solved. Players will go back to using the Scout, Obir, Obeya for the most part instead.

Anyways, this proposed change is not terrible. I just do not think it goes far enough to really change anything. QS is a more a thing of the past anyways and HVR use will not change even with the slight nerf. 

 



 

Maybe wait and see before judging.
... just a thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Regime said:

The proposed HVR change does not address the main problem with the HVR. Sure, QS/CQC shots are fairly easy to hit considering the damage output. A change to correct this problem is fine, but it will not stop players from using the HVR at all. We will continue to sit mid-long range, zoom in, 85 (completely take a player out of the game, pick them off with teammates, or just follow it up with a second shot). Not to mention there are plenty of above-average or overpowered secondaries (or low yields) we can use to kills players instead of using a nerfed HVR at close range. The gun is still going to be powerful even with this change, it is virtually unmatched mid to long range.

We understand the HVR is difficult to balance, but there are other options. You could buff Obir/Obeya (or other long range guns) to encourage more players to use those guns to counter an HVR. You could nerf the damage of the HVR to 650-700ish or nerf the clipsize (I still think the gun would be powerful, but a bit more balanced). Or you could take the gun out of the game, problem solved. Players will go back to using the Scout, Obir, Obeya for the most part instead.

Anyways, this proposed change is not terrible. I just do not think it goes far enough to really change anything. QS is a more a thing of the past anyways and HVR use will not change even with the slight nerf. 

 



 


well once uppon a time ago, obeya had a lower ttk, and during this times ducking behind a regular cover made you expose like 2 rows of pixels. Nowdays a N-HVR can just duck behind anythign making the the long ttk possible with just like 0,2secs time of expose by just crouchpopping. One major reason why an obeya tha needs to land so many shots even if buffed still won't compete. But nerfing obeyas ttk and range then (when the dropoff mechanics changed) the whole obeya/obir to counter snipers mechanics were kinda lost. The change will help with some abusing acts like jump shooting but not with the regular meta sniper hiding gameplay, because on that level stuff is played regular with standin/crouching and shooting at high accuracy anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of testing on live servers... What about these boxes that we were given for playing in those test districts? Are they gonna be used for anything? Recompensation? Completely useless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe its time to ask a different question: what kind of buffs do we need to give the DMR for people to consider it a counter to the HVR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nite said:

Maybe its time to ask a different question: what kind of buffs do we need to give the DMR for people to consider it a counter to the HVR?

the dmr is pretty well balanced, especially the dmr av

id rather not see it changed tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BXNNXD said:

the dmr is pretty well balanced, especially the dmr av

I actually agree tbh

Problem is I also think it competes enough against the big HVR at 80+m distance but I doubt anyone else on these forums shares that idea (maybe im not skilled enough to see how it doesn't?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nite said:
I actually agree tbh

Problem is I also think it competes enough against the big HVR at 80+m distance but I doubt anyone else on these forums shares that idea (maybe im not skilled enough to see how it doesn't?)
it’s def an hvr competitor at 88m, but it’s slightly less so vs hvr under that distance 

i kind of prefer the av these days just for the versatility it allows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a sneaking suspicion that the buffs planned for the low tier weapons isn't going to make a whole lot of difference in many cases. The 'Misery' for example has an absolutely pitiful setup going for it. Long TTK, average everything, and poor recovery. Fixing the tap-fire for it plus some overhead is nice and all.. but then it's just an Obeya CR762 with worse stats still. Sure it's automatic with a few extra shots but it has no real niche. It just kinda exists to be different for the sake of being different. It needs some kind of area it can excel in. 

That's where a lot of these guns suffer. You have kings like the N-TEC 5, OCA, etc. They do it all. So well in-fact that the specialty guns have no need to be around. Those guns overtake practically everything, even at it's perceived purpose. 

This might be a step in the right direction, but at the same time I think it is applying a band-aid to core problems with balance. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as long it keep being a sniper, high damage and be able to do the work as it.

Edited by LusoPT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Maybe wait and see before judging.
... just a thought
I have played this game since Beta, I speak from experience. The HVR has been nerfed several times and players have adapted because you can still consistently 85 across the map. QS was a major problem back in the day, it is not really an issue anymore. Play any decent player and you will not be getting QS or CQC by the HVR much at all, you will just get tagged mid-long range and taken out of the game. If you push an HVR player they will nade, secondary, reposition, drive away, etc. Like I said it is not a terrible idea, it just addresses a minor or maybe even a non issue with the gun. 

Also, it is better to give constructive feedback instead of whiteknighting the devs fyi. We respect what Matt has done and will continue to support him, but we can certainly judge his ideas if we think they could be better. We want the game to be balanced and more competitive as well.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
the dmr is pretty well balanced, especially the dmr av

id rather not see it changed tbh
Been using the DMR for years and can confirm this. People underestimate the DMR and it's fine as is. Buffing it would make it even stronger than it is as of now (I'm talking about the DMR AV to be specific) so I agree that it shouldn't be touched otherwise it would probably become a bigger issue than the current HVR assuming people actually took time to learn it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Regime said:
I have played this game since Beta, I speak from experience. The HVR has been nerfed several times and players have adapted because you can still consistently 85 across the map. QS was a major problem back in the day, it is not really an issue anymore. Play any decent player and you will not be getting QS or CQC by the HVR much at all, you will just get tagged mid-long range and taken out of the game. If you push an HVR player they will nade, secondary, reposition, drive away, etc. Like I said it is not a terrible idea, it just addresses a minor or maybe even a non issue with the gun. 

Also, it is better to give constructive feedback instead of whiteknighting the devs fyi. We respect what Matt has done and will continue to support him, but we can certainly judge his ideas if we think they could be better. We want the game to be balanced and more competitive as well.
Maybe wait til you have something to judge. 
... just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Maybe wait til you have something to judge. 
... just saying
stop saying and start doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BXNNXD said:
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Maybe wait til you have something to judge. 
... just saying
stop saying and start doing
Back off bruv Im busy whiteknighting here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...