I've known this guy for years, and he has always been suspicious. He is one of the reasons why many players are leaving the game.

Even if you reached out to EAC they will never in a million years tell you why you got banned, it's against their security interest to provide that kind of information to any possible cheaters or coders. If it's a false ban, they will revert it, if not you won't ever get a reply. Doesn't matter if any of you cheated or not, in the current state of the game we have to trust EAC and that's the only way forward if this game wants to survive. Coming to the forums and begging the CEO and Moderators to play favorites and give you special treatment is cringe. Email EAC and wait for your reply like anyone else would have to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Not sure how this thing with the false bans is true or not but saw on twitter dat something similar goin on with famous streamers on cod as well.Different anti cheat there but still..looks like all this anti cheat companys sort a sux

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 7:50 PM, DarIeenko said:

Hello, i know there is already a topic about this but I'd like to say my two cents on the subject as well as show you some elements concerning the latest bans.

I know that a TGM  as well as dozens of other players have also been banned in the last month.

Among them are casual players, silvers, veterans never accused of toxicity and/or cheating etc. and then there is me.

These bans all or mostly EAC bans. However, as shown elsewhere they seem to be manual and for different reasons.

Even today some people who rarely play APB, mature people, non-toxic players have been banned for cheating after years of never cheating or even being accused of cheating by the community. 

Bans that we did not expect and that remove from the game that last healthy part that you had left of it, that is, people who can devote the right amount of time to a game, without arrogance or being competitive at all costs.

One of this case is about a player that received an EAC ban despite then, in later conversations with Support, he discovered that the reason for his ban was not related to cheating but more for ingame violation (using a certain symbol) so why does he get banned by EAC? 

I've contacted multiple of the banned players, to try and find out what kind of possible third party applications they were using and mostly what i got as an answer were VPNs which are allowed as far as i know. 

About me, i have never used any kind of unapproved Programs and the only Program that i used before starting APB was Mudfish which helps me to avoid Packetloss.

Since this affected a lot of Players I would like to have a statement from Matt and the LO team regarding this matter.

We just would like to know if there is any investigation already ongoing? 

@MattScott @Stitchly @Ritual @Sakebee 

You are the next Darlene.

18 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

You are the next Darlene.

Who the hell is Darlene ?

I am "so" out of the loop from this game..

The other night in District Chat, plebs were blaming "Carla"...

Who the hell is Carla ?

I need to work on my "muscle memory" ...

Edited by Westford

35 minutes ago, Westford said:

The other night in District Chat, plebs were blaming "Carla"...
Who the hell is Carla ?

I assume they  meant Clara ? There was a girl caught on stream cheating in cs:go long time ago, the moment she realised people on stream could see her wh, she started to blame her friend " Clara " that suppousedly visited her early that day. ( insinuating that Clara installed cheats on her pc )
Its a meme pretty much.

Actual on topic discussion about EAC. I just got this message launching APB. Was EAC just updated?

ga557L0.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vsb said:

eac banned me for running windows xp

Yet xp runs better than all the other OS's combined 😂

On 10/2/2023 at 7:51 AM, SuperChaffee said:

EAC bans are automatic, so LO support has nothing to do with that, and by LO rule they can't provide information about bans, you can know that because LO makes the mention that they can't provide information about banning other players, also it is known that vpns can trigger EAC alerts, regardless of people saying it's safe, You should not trust third party apps and especially not one that EAC knows is used by cheaters, and also just because a TGM is banned doesn't mean anything, in the end they are also normal players who applied for the position and are subject to the same rules as EAC or LO and therefore if they use cheats or third party apps they can be banned, just because they are TGM doesn't mean they have protection.

Merged.

EAC previously had this support email, I don't know if it is still in operation today.   contact@easyanticheat.net

EAC does not ban you for VPN,mouse programs (provided that is original software like g-hub,steelseries engine etc etc) EAC also does not ban you for ingame symbols,background music that plays from your browser(youtube,spotifu etc etc) also doesnt ban you for having MSI afterburner or any other official gpu driver/software! the things could get you banned is: Advanced launcher,configs,cheats! if you say otherwise then you must be living in a fairy tale 😉 

Merged.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:50 PM, DarIeenko said:

Hello, i know there is already a topic about this but I'd like to say my two cents on the subject as well as show you some elements concerning the latest bans.

I know that a TGM  as well as dozens of other players have also been banned in the last month.

Among them are casual players, silvers, veterans never accused of toxicity and/or cheating etc. and then there is me.

These bans all or mostly EAC bans. However, as shown elsewhere they seem to be manual and for different reasons.

Even today some people who rarely play APB, mature people, non-toxic players have been banned for cheating after years of never cheating or even being accused of cheating by the community. 

Bans that we did not expect and that remove from the game that last healthy part that you had left of it, that is, people who can devote the right amount of time to a game, without arrogance or being competitive at all costs.

One of this case is about a player that received an EAC ban despite then, in later conversations with Support, he discovered that the reason for his ban was not related to cheating but more for ingame violation (using a certain symbol) so why does he get banned by EAC? 

I've contacted multiple of the banned players, to try and find out what kind of possible third party applications they were using and mostly what i got as an answer were VPNs which are allowed as far as i know. 

About me, i have never used any kind of unapproved Programs and the only Program that i used before starting APB was Mudfish which helps me to avoid Packetloss.

Since this affected a lot of Players I would like to have a statement from Matt and the LO team regarding this matter.

We just would like to know if there is any investigation already ongoing? 

@MattScott @Stitchly @Ritual @Sakebee 

i dont know what the forum rules are but i still gonna leave another feedback on this for you in a different manner! congratulations for your ban ^^ 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

the advanced launcher will not get you banned
https://www.gamersfirst.com/download

it should! and i think it can be the case! do you think EAC will not flag a 3rd party program running and modifying the game? especially a program that made by the community? try modify rust with a 3rd party tool, doesnt have to be a cheat just something that modifies graphics etc! EAC will get you as soon as you load up to the server lol 

14 minutes ago, Therustee said:

it should! and i think it can be the case! do you think EAC will not flag a 3rd party program running and modifying the game? especially a program that made by the community? try modify rust with a 3rd party tool, doesnt have to be a cheat just something that modifies graphics etc! EAC will get you as soon as you load up to the server lol 

If you check the link...
nPZIa7J.png
you can download the program directly from the Gamersfirst website
if will not get you banned

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you check the link...
nPZIa7J.png
you can download the program directly from the Gamersfirst website
if will not get you banned

doesnt matter EAC will not care what LO lets everyone to use if EAC thinks otherwise! dont modify the game in any shape or form and stop cheating easy as that! in the end of the day EAC still wont ban you for nothing

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Therustee said:

doesnt matter EAC will not care what LO lets everyone to use if EAC thinks otherwise! dont modify the game in any shape or form and stop cheating easy as that! in the end of the day EAC still wont ban you for nothing

EAC doesn't care either way cause all the advanced launcher does is modify .ini files, its not a program that's running as you play the game, it serves the same functionality as changing your ingame settings through the regular options, you simply have more control. Not to mention that EAC has the ability to block config edits, they've already shown this by blocking shaders as well as upk edits (upk edits have been used to remove particles entirely) this is manually set up and basically tells you that if they wanted to block .ini edits they can absolutely do so rather than just making it so it flat out bans you for something they themselves said is an approved way of editing your graphic settings. EAC checks for injections into the game client, things such as overlays and patterns such as simulated inputs (Macros/Triggerbots), it doesn't give a crap about whether or not a line in an .ini file says 16 instead of 128.

In other words, you are clueless if you think the cause of these bans is due to configs considering if they didn't want configs to be a thing anymore they have all the tools in the world to stop players from using them rather than flat out banning the accounts.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 4

On 10/5/2023 at 4:03 PM, Therustee said:

EAC does not ban you for VPN,mouse programs (provided that is original software like g-hub,steelseries engine etc etc) EAC also does not ban you for ingame symbols,background music that plays from your browser(youtube,spotifu etc etc) also doesnt ban you for having MSI afterburner or any other official gpu driver/software! the things could get you banned is: Advanced launcher,configs,cheats! if you say otherwise then you must be living in a fairy tale 😉 

I had also mentioned that in one of my past posts, and even added a list of applications that are known to be 100% safe according to EAC. 

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/21701-easyanticheat-allegedly-bans-people-who-use-msi-afterburner-and-logitech-g-hub/?do=findComment&comment=235816

Merged.

On 10/5/2023 at 8:56 PM, Frosi said:

EAC doesn't care either way cause all the advanced launcher does is modify .ini files, its not a program that's running as you play the game, it serves the same functionality as changing your ingame settings through the regular options, you simply have more control. Not to mention that EAC has the ability to block config edits, they've already shown this by blocking shaders as well as upk edits (upk edits have been used to remove particles entirely) this is manually set up and basically tells you that if they wanted to block .ini edits they can absolutely do so rather than just making it so it flat out bans you for something they themselves said is an approved way of editing your graphic settings. EAC checks for injections into the game client, things such as overlays and patterns such as simulated inputs (Macros/Triggerbots), it doesn't give a crap about whether or not a line in an .ini file says 16 instead of 128.

In other words, you are clueless if you think the cause of these bans is due to configs considering if they didn't want configs to be a thing anymore they have all the tools in the world to stop players from using them rather than flat out banning the accounts.

Totally agree with Frosi  1037181365986275359.webp?size=128&qualit

Edited by SuperChaffee

I was banned for griefing a few months ago after 10 years of playing with no explanation of what my "griefing" was. I still see the same max ranks in Jericho in 4x4s and dumptrucks but nothing is done about them 🙂 

imagine complaining you got ban for cheating again after you already got unbanned by mattscott for cheating the first time LOL

4 hours ago, porcupine_omg said:

I was banned for griefing a few months ago after 10 years of playing with no explanation of what my "griefing" was. I still see the same max ranks in Jericho in 4x4s and dumptrucks but nothing is done about them 🙂 

Welcome to the #bansquad

Very strange that a group of players that somehow know each other suddently get banned for no reason. What are the odds?

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Ilyas said:

Very strange that a group of players that somehow know each other suddently get banned for no reason. What are the odds?

We've had the same playerbase for a decade.

Pretty hard for veterans not to know/befriend each other after playing for so long.

I log in on dead NA server (Jericho) and still recognize a few names in there, even after years without playing.

Edited by Talla
  • Like 1

Can totally hear the worlds smallest violen.

Now just need the wine and cheese 🧀  to go with those tears 😢.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 11:22 AM, Therustee said:

For Rust, I can launch the game using command line arguments, or use the client.cfg file. The APB Advanced Launcher is basically doing that, editing config files that are designed to be user edited, and then launches the game with a few arguments. If there's certain settings the devs feel should not be disabled, they can have that setting ignore the config files, like G1 did with grenade vfx.

What you often see on Twitch are players using modified .upk files. That needs to be stopped. Those files are not meant to be modified by the end user. It's easy to do too. Innova, the Russian version, checked for modified files when you logged in. If files didn't match you would get kicked in a few minutes for "client/server mismatch."

19 hours ago, porcupine_omg said:

If APB tracked afk demerits, you will be #1 in Jericho.

Edited by BlatMan
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

If APB tracked afk demerits, you will be #1 in Jericho.

I'm pretty sure it counts as griefing lol