VanilleKeks

Inquiry into recent APB banwave

Hello,

I have heard some concerns about potential false bans due to the recent ban wave. These are from people I have known for years and although I can not proof their legitimacy, I am willing to put what little reputation I got left into vouching for their innocence (when it comes to cheating).

--

Looking into it, I have found multiple games with alleged hiccups in EAC blocking players. The most recent one being in Black Desert Online, where using VPNs and lag reducing software such as ExitLag would ban you until 2055. However if you did not use ExitLag you could log in as normal after some time.

My theory here is that there could have been a false flag in EAC which caused an automatic ban in APB. Yet there seems to be no way of automatically undoing these bans once the false flag has been lifted.

There is currently no way of appealing APB's EAC bans with either LO or EAC (from my research).

It seems rather strange to me that players without as much as an account warning in 12 years of APB are now facing permanent bans.

Before anyone asks, no, I am not banned.

I would like to request a statement from Matt and the LO team regarding this matter. It seems a lot of people have been affected.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Played some games with EAC recently. They are filled with cheaters. Dunno what this anti-cheat protects but surely it ain't players.

• Like 1

Weird aspect is that VPN's have been allowed so it's fishy that something happens now rather having a full investigation to the matter so it can be rectified and if VPN's have been outlawed by EAC then I won't use em, But I've seen other players in-game that use the exact same VPN i've been using for 3 years now with no issue's..

And that I play other games that use EAC and had nothing happened on there..

Edited by mattskoii
  • Like 1

Don't worry all the cheaters will get unbanned as they always do so they can continue cheating

• Like 4

The fact is, about 95% of games now have cheaters. If you want to win, best hope is the cheater on your team is better then the cheater on their team. When it comes to "legit" players. All the legit players i know, have never ever been false banned going on 10 years. Anytime i have heard players talking about false bans, they are just trying to save face or create doubt in the system.

Also how do we know there is a "WAVE"  multiple people in the same circles getting banned??  I wonder why that is...

49 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

funny when a known streamer gets banned suddenly this issue gets more attention rofl

Of course, but I am talking to people with no audience. Not that person.

3 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

I would like to request a statement from Matt and the LO team regarding this matter

Matt posts somethin once in every 2 years so gl with ur waitin..and when he actually post is like "excitin times at LO" and gone for another 2 yeras or so..

Edited by TheMessiah

On 10/1/2023 at 3:12 PM, ninjarrrr said:

funny when a known streamer gets banned suddenly this issue gets more attention rofl

If its who i am thinking of, he should have been banned a long time ago.

Merged.

On 10/1/2023 at 4:33 PM, TheMessiah said:

Matt posts somethin once in every 2 years so gl with ur waitin..and when he actually post is like "excitin times at LO" and gone for another 2 yeras or so..

My 2 favorite times of the year, Christmas and when Matt posts !!   In Matt we trust.

Wouldn't be the first time, second, or third time an anti-cheat unfortunately mistook something legitimate (or at least not harmful to the game itself) as a problem.  Can't imagine it would hurt for them to at least look into it briefly. Right there with you on that.

Hopefully you all get an answer on what's going on soon. Even if that just winds up being confirmation that the bans were legit.

• Thanks 1

Propaganda.

OK I have Seen the knowns I will not mention cuz that is more against the rules than 

actual hacking is. I have seen them in district this weekend.

I Can't believe there was any 'Wave' because there is Zero staff to do the banning, and 

I have seen these people. But don't mind me, I've got the dented head n been known to See 

things.

Sometimes you see me post about warthunder n how i do so much better there.

Well let me say WT uses EAC, I went Flying the other day, and the planes are the oldest part of the game.

There were just as many hacks in the planes as when I started, I like the ships too.

The ships are a different set of maps, the same type of hax can't be used there as with the planes.

However WT publishes names of those banned, so it does ban some peoples.

My point here is that I think EAC sucks, and its possible that all modern anti cheats 

suck as well. I believe that with a dedicated staff and possibly Dual anticheats,

APB could be saved. The difference is that WT has a Large player base and you dont

see the same people all the time, and if you do it likely they will be on your team one mission

and the enemy the next.  Ok I can't boot WT without an update or a notice or a sale.

There is constant evidence of people working for the game and Doing things.

Here we can't even be sure Matt's still breathing or if he has any employees.

If there was some bans it was Too Little Too Late, n Ya like the other poster said

They'll be back, with the same accounts and names.

You have Zero updates on the subject, zero updates on content/more levels/joker tickets.

You want me to fight Golds U Pay Lots n Lots of Joker tickets, not 10 tickets to feed.

Let me guess, You can't up the pay for side jobs the same way you can't shut the joker up.

You can't alter the games coding, why are U here. Ya can't stabilize the servers, ya can't show up 

for Work. Ah I better get off here, im getting angry 

wait streamer sheeps allowed to whine ? move on no more closet cheats safe for u all 

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I too would welcome a statement. 
Im honestly too paranoid to log in.

no much point seeing how all my accounts are trade locked forever. that and the fact of what is going on right now.

I seriously question what happened to the staff at LO. did californa have an earth quake and suck them all into the relem of the molemen?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

I seriously question what happened to the staff at LO. did californa have an earth quake and suck them all into the relem of the molemen?

you better cut your hell hopes off for getting a free ticket for california from me... no free california strolling beach time for you 

Edited by PingOVER9000
EDIT: anway I put a LIKE for the effort :3

8 hours ago, Weaboos said:

Don't worry all the cheaters will get unbanned as they always do so they can continue cheating

Do they even need to get unbanned they Could just simply create a new account and buy the weapons they want with real money 

I've been switching between VPNs trying to see if I can get around APB's terrible routing and can still sign in. Only issue I had was I couldn't connect to districts using Cloudflare WARP or tethering with my phone over Sprint's network.

Edited by BlatMan

"If I speak I'm in big trouble, and I don't want to be in big trouble, and if I speak I'm accused of bringing the players into disrepute. The gm's do what they do, they do and they go home, they do and they don't go to the press, they refuse even to exchange a couple of words when one person, like me who has been in the game for so long, asks politely, 'Can you speak with me for five seconds?' and it's 'No, I don't speak with you for five seconds'." 

But yeah, maybe EAC is a bit volatile and I wouldn't trust it with VPNs etc. Just funny to see certain people post on the forums about it.

4 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

no much point seeing how all my accounts are trade locked forever. that and the fact of what is going on right now.

The latter has nothing to do with LO, the former likely has a reason if support isn't lifting the lock.

Yea it’s strange to see someone who’s been in game for 10 years + not known for cheating ends up banned while few others are still cheating lol classic apb.

I use NordVPN to play apb and I believe most players use exitlag to reduce ping + better routing.

The concerning part is not the program itself but the IP address that they assign you with and if EAC or LO set to flag these previous banned players IP address it may automatic flagged those accounts who are using it legit  

Can anyone in LO confirm this is true?

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

Yea it’s strange to see someone who’s been in game for 10 years + not known for cheating ends up banned while few others are still cheating lol classic apb.

I use NordVPN to play apb and I believe most players use exitlag to reduce ping + better routing.

The concerning part is not the program itself but the IP address that they assign you with and if EAC or LO set to flag these previous banned players IP address it may automatic flagged those accounts who are using it legit  

Can anyone in LO confirm this is true?

its not true no anti-cheat will ban you for having JUST the same ip address as a cheater you'd actually need to do other things to trigger a ban.

Edited by MonkaS

5 hours ago, MonkaS said:

its not true no anti-cheat will ban you for having JUST the same ip address as a cheater you'd actually need to do other things to trigger a ban.

Alright thanks for your input, but what about manual bans? can LO staff tell the difference?

Edited by Deadliest

On 10/1/2023 at 6:11 PM, Frosi said:

The latter has nothing to do with LO, the former likely has a reason if support isn't lifting the lock.

seeing how i never talk with anyone there, or sell anything on the market i only ever bought items i liked like clothes or songs. i Have really no idea why i'm trade locked or why it won't end.

On 10/1/2023 at 11:59 PM, Deadliest said:

Alright thanks for your input, but what about manual bans? can LO staff tell the difference?

I doubt LO had any input on the recent bans.

I know someone who bought an APB account. First logging in they were not trade locked. They were able to trade all the weapons and mods to their main account. The purchased account got banned a few days later, but the other accounts they have did not get banned. Same PCs, no VPN. If LO went by IP or HWIDs, you'd think all accounts would have been banned.