Sign in to follow this  
LAPDAlonso

Retiring from APB Reloaded. (The Ban Issue) / Request RTW

I will make this short as possible. This is a goodbye post( but read carefully) but i also want to say a few things.

I have been playing this game since RTW(last 2 weeks), and i have dealt with and seen all the changes with this game since then. I still remember the good times when this game launched on steam, there was 4 servers: EU1 = 5000 Players / EU2 5000 players / Colby 4200 players ( all time record )  and Joker (4500) , so you're looking at around 180k players online every day. That's pretty good for a game that came back from the dead.  I remember the old gun sounds, and blue muzzle flashes, the beautiful graphics/visuals from the past ( not sure what in the hell Monte was thinking when he changed the visual appearance of the game/textures.) I also remember the old threat system, which made the game fun. There's no purpose, no goal to play this game anymore. This is just my opinion, but i honestly believe the game started to die when they removed the old threat system.  The player base probably will hit 5,000 players right now, if the new team bought back the old threat system and upgraded it. I told the old team to do this, and other people did also, they didn't listen, you see the aftermath of this?

Nevertheless, you guys know that old saying " all good things come to an end", well that's not true at all. Real life lessons, if people listen to each other and when you know you have something great going, don't messed it up. Good things come to an end because the people in charge or the people who are in a position never listen to reason and they end up messing things up for everyone. G1Blackbeard was a great example,  I am not sure what exactly happen to him, but after he left or was fired, things really went down hill with the "communication" . I still highly regard him as the best GM.  (along with G1Nexus, G1Alleeia, G1Zieu & Neume). I also respected Dev Bryt (he was much more respected under Byrt, then Jobs. That whole Taco/carebear clan nonsense just ruined him IMO ). Now fast forward in 2018, we have a new company and we have that communication back. Its nice to see a new team take over and glad to see that Androvald is still around. He helped out my wife in the game when steam launcher, we were all talking on the mic, not sure if he remembers that though.  Anyways, i respect the new team for taking over and possibly keeping this game alive, i respect that. But some far, i really don't agree with some  of the decision making so let me get down to the bottom line.

The main reason why i am leaving APB ( and by the way, in the past i never said i was quitting APB, i said i was taking a break, which i did ) is what Matt said in that anti-cheat post. He said that they are not going to be Broadcasting bans and he believes its toxic to do that. I'm sorry , but i disagree with that decision and i think its a very very bad idea not to Broadcast bans. If you don't want to do it in the game , which i think should happen, that's cool., but not to Broadcasted them anywhere its insane. Let me explain something, for the real legit people who play this game, we want to see who is being banned, especially for those, including myself and my clan members and other people who play this game to take the time to record these players, and submit in videos of them. Knowing who is being banned or have been ban, making us feel conformable of knowing that some sort of action is being done. Not telling us, doesn't give us any reinsurance that something is happening. BattlEye is install, but not banning anyone? When i read that, i really did "roll on the floor and laugh". If i didn't know any better, not broadcasting bans, saying its toxic, and you said you want to be  "extremely carefully about banning players", hmmm makes me wonder if you guys are going to take it serious.

If you know the history of APB Reloaded/All points bulletin, even in the past there were "closet hackers" who complained about being banned, and complaints about people being um "wrongly banned" lol. I remember in the past, over 5,000 players were banned, history repeats itself? because they did unbanned i think over 200 people. The facts are Matt , if over a million people was banned in PUBG, do you remember believe that there's not alot of cheating happening in this game? People cheat ok, that's something that's always going to happen. Stop being so nice to people, because again real life lessons, the majority of people in this world who do wrong, commit crimes, most of them will not change.  So your decision not want to broadcasting bans, that's the main reason why i am quitting. Because i need to see who is being banned, it helps put my mind at ease knowing that this new team is taking things seriously. And i know i am not the only person who feels this way. I usually hold my tongue for certain things, but I'm real about it, and i thought you and your team should know. There's nothing toxic about broadcasting bans and that sounds like you're basing this off a personal opinion. When bans were mention in the chat in game, i never seen anyone get upset, people will be laughing or just shocked or just don't say anything. Why are you so scared of calling people out? People cheat, that's something that you and the rest of the online gaming world has to realized, the sh** is never going to go away, in no online game.

Besides that, i also don't see where this game is headed too. Meaning, i know you guys just got onboard per say, but how long is the engine upgrade going to take?  when is it coming or give us an idea on when it might show up? For the Devs, you do realized it takes about 10-15 months to create a map district, did you know that? What sort of future, road map do you foresee for this game? What type of leveling system/ranking system, threat system are you planning? The old team talked about "expanding the old two districts, even went as far to use that red bridge in the background in waterfront as a new driving location", did you know that in the old two districts there are "locked areas behind gates" that can be opened up for new areas to explore? what are you plans for Asylum? to make it into a new full district? Think about bringing in "Midtown district or a new city map"?

Blue muzzle flashes? (optional settings)? 

I wish the new team the best, and i hope you guys succeed into making APB into a better game, but unless you broadcast bans publicly on a "site" and in the game, i have no intention on coming back.

Now about my request, well one day i hope someone in the department decide to release the original RTW version client and just add bots to play against / basically the full RTW APB game, but for those who just want to battle the AI with the same leveling up, everything included, old stuff fully intact.  I will buy the RTW client , right now for as high as 300 - 400 dollars, if you made one for 300 dollars right now, if you sold it. Just saying. That's just my final request, before i leave. I also requested this, because let's face the facts, one day APB Reloaded is not going to be around and I'm positive that 100 million investment you wouldn't want it to go to waste, meaning a RTW or a "offline" version would make sense, that way " Those who love APB will always be able to play the game forever".

That's all i wanted to say. Bye.

• Like 2

Bro, this is like your 3rd or 4th farewell post in the last year.

Kind of losing its impact at this point.

• Like 1

Yeah you say your leaving to grab attention. We all know when the 3.5 engine comes in a month you'll be crawling back.

• Like 2

nobody cares.

You do this every-time you get upset, typically after you've hackusated half of the district.

Just walk away from the keyboard, take a deep breath, and then come back a day later. The goodbye posts are cringey.

23 minutes ago, Laser said:

Yeah you say your leaving to grab attention. We all know when the 3.5 engine comes in a month you'll be crawling back.

3.5 engine Q1 2014.

Honestly, I have to agree with him. I got 3 tickets going atm, with evidence of each hacker. At least let the ticket creator see if action has been taken. That's at least fair. 

• Like 1

I completely agree with your point about the non broadcasting of bans.

You're an idiot. Not everyone who was banned was banned fairly. 

Firstly, countless manual bans were done by corrupt GM's and GM's with no game-logic, critical thinking skills, or APB-related mechanical skills, who assumed anyone who made a pro-like play or kill was illegitimate.

Second, countless automatic bans were triggered falsely by an anti-cheat system (FairFight) that was not calibrated correctly, as it should have been - over time, and the anti-cheat was flagging people who had above average stats for actually being good at the game.

So you're upset because those people who were falsely banished from APB are being given back what was unfairly taken from them? 

Furthermore, you're now quitting APB (for the 100th time it seems, according to other posters who have witnessed your manchild behaviour in the past), because they refuse to broadcast bans? 

Because they refuse to support witch-hunting and shaming of players?

So tell me; what about all those innocent people who got banned by FairFight or by those skill-less/corrupt GM's? Innocent players names got broadcasted when they got the ban-hammer and now I'm sure if you see any of their names you assume they were cheating and deserved the ban even though they may have been innocent all along. That's the effect broadcasting bans has. A sense of moral accomplishment for something that you're not even certain of. Do you not see the negative effect broadcasting their names has?

If you really don't, then good riddance.

I don't even know who the hell you are, but i can tell from your attitude that you're the same time of manchild who accuses innocent players of cheating just because they're better than you and beat you within this game with a significant margin above your skill level.

And lastly, are you really that self-absorbed and pretentious to believe that your "wisdom" and "guidance" is the catalyst between the success or failure of APB? 

Jesus Christ, get a room, i don't think there's enough space for you and your ego to fit in one.

And get gud scrub.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Honestly, I have to agree with him. I got 3 tickets going atm, with evidence of each hacker. At least let the ticket creator see if action has been taken. That's at least fair. 

The previous policy was to not let you know the action taken against the player though (you could always monitor FF bans if it meant that much to you however)

While not broadcasting bans is weird, I don't particularly care. If i see a player again, then so be it, if not, then so be it.

1 minute ago, ShadowXS said:

Firstly, countless manual bans were done by corrupt GM's and GM's with no game-logic, critical thinking skills, or APB-related mechanical skills, who assumed anyone who made a pro-like play or kill was illegitimate.

Second, countless automatic bans were triggered falsely by an anti-cheat system (FairFight) that was not calibrated correctly, as it should have been - over time, and the anti-cheat was flagging people who had above average stats for actually being good at the game.

So you're upset because those people who were falsely banished from APB are being given back what was unfairly taken from them? 

Furthermore, you're now quitting APB (for the 100th time it seems, according to other posters who have witnessed your manchild behaviour in the past), because they refuse to broadcast bans? 

So tell me; what about all those innocent people who got banned by FairFight or by those skill-less/corrupt GM's? Innocent players names got broadcasted when they got the ban-hammer and now I'm sure if you see any of their names you assume they were cheating and deserved the ban even though they may have been innocent all along. That's the effect broadcasting bans has. A sense of moral accomplishment for something that you're not even certain of. Do you not see the negative effect broadcasting their names has?

I don't even know who the hell you are, but i can tell from your attitude that you're the same time of manchild who accuses innocent players of cheating just because they're better than you and beat you within this game with a significant margin above your skill level.

And lastly, are you really that self-absorbed and pretentious to believe that your "wisdom" and "guidance" is the catalyst between the success or failure of APB? 

Jesus Christ, get a room, i don't think there's enough space for you and your ego to fit in one.

And get gud scrub.

Ouch, the bullet whizzed past me and it still hurts

No we dont need to see bans broadcast go something else. Farewell.

• Like 2

Do you not see how broadcasting bans can actively encourage hackers? Imagine your name got displayed in chat for all players every so often whenever you won a mission. How would you feel about it? Amused? Proud of the notoriety? You'd want to keep winning missions so people could keep talking about you, right?

Now apply that to hackers. I can guarantee that a lot of the people who rerolled persistently had "You get to see my name/my new account's name show up for everyone" as one of their reasons or motivation. A whole website full of angry people discussing you? A leaderboard of such that keeps track of every account banned without any effort required on your part? I bet that craploads of games got ruined just for another notch on the infamy board. It's not a difficult concept. Naming and shaming doesn't work if the player isn't ashamed of their actions.

Here are your 5 seconds of attention.

Now leave. See you next week.

16 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

And get gud scrub.

Wow the closet cheater got really mad.

Alonzo will be watching u kid.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Now about my request, well one day i hope someone in the department decide to release the original RTW version client and just add bots to play against / basically the full RTW APB game, but for those who just want to battle the AI with the same leveling up, everything included, old stuff fully intact.  I will buy the RTW client , right now for as high as 300 - 400 dollars, if you made one for 300 dollars right now, if you sold it. Just saying. That's just my final request, before i leave. I also requested this, because let's face the facts, one day APB Reloaded is not going to be around and I'm positive that 100 million investment you wouldn't want it to go to waste, meaning a RTW or a "offline" version would make sense, that way " Those who love APB will always be able to play the game forever".

Ya itd be so great to play that buggy mess solo with bots.  And I'm sure there would be no new bugs added with those bots.  Also, APB with bots isn't APB, IMO.

Have fun in other games.

the only thing i agree with is the banbroadcasting...but keep ffbans.org out....thats where the toxidity is. Sadly ffbans.org wasnt from G1. So if they dont want an ffbans2.0 they gonna stop broadcasting. I guess its understandable. The other 95% of your story is stupid, But see you and ur clanmembers in a few weeks 🙂

Sign in to follow this