Jump to content
Sakebee

V-Day Patch Announcement

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 2/10/2021. The patch is scheduled to start at 3 PM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 3 PM UTC as well.

 

OVERVIEW

This update lets us storm the beaches of love once more! We are bringing back V-Day classics while we continue full steam on the engine upgrade. You can read details on our various events here

 

PC CHANGES/FIXES

  • Love Lost Valentine daily activities enabled
  • Valentine Week Massacre event enabled
  • Snubbed Love event enabled

 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

 

 🐝 Sakebee

Edited by Sakebee
Updated downtime window
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When are we gonna get new items in the debundling rotation? You've missed like 4 weeks worth of debundled items. Can't you just debundle all items from all packs already? Idk why it's even a thing.

Edited by qb
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, qb said:

When are we gonna get new items in the debundling rotation? You've missed like 4 weeks worth of debundled items. Can't you just debundle all items from all packs already? Idk why it's even a thing.

Good question, i agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a lovely event, despite being an old one, but why 10 hours again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qb said:

When are we gonna get new items in the debundling rotation? You've missed like 4 weeks worth of debundled items. Can't you just debundle all items from all packs already? Idk why it's even a thing.

They won't even put the LCRs on the store permanently, and you expect them to debundle everything? Good joke.

 

Despite what they claim about "standing for non-predatory practices, and clarity of marketing/microtransactions", they still engage in many unsavory things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

they still engage in many unsavory things.

Hex Bro, cut em some slack. They gotta keep the lights on somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Despite what they claim about "standing for non-predatory practices, and clarity of marketing/microtransactions", they still engage in many unsavory things.

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/31/jt-store-update

 

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2020/6/22/legendary-beta

 

improving upon the joker distribution store system and allowing legendaries to be progressed towards are pretty big changes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

They won't even put the LCRs on the store permanently, and you expect them to debundle everything? Good joke.

 

Despite what they claim about "standing for non-predatory practices, and clarity of marketing/microtransactions", they still engage in many unsavory things.

nothing says "unsavory" like giving every player free premium for abt a year straight so far, reworking the Joker store so you can unlock most if not all weapons for free, and debundling products made by the previous developer so that players can pick and choose the content they actually want to pay for instead of paying extra for garbage they don't want.

 

believe me, preventing your players from spending money on a garbage gun like the LCR is anything but unsavory. maybe they don't want to sell it again til they rework or buff it into a more playable and acceptable state? would be pretty tragic if a newer player spent money on their first ever ARMAS weapon, and chose the LCR not knowing how terrible it is.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, claude said:

nothing says "unsavory" like giving every player free premium for abt a year straight so far, reworking the Joker store so you can unlock most if not all weapons for free, and debundling products made by the previous developer so that players can pick and choose the content they actually want to pay for instead of paying extra for garbage they don't want.

 

believe me, preventing your players from spending money on a garbage gun like the LCR is anything but unsavory. maybe they don't want to sell it again til they rework or buff it into a more playable and acceptable state? would be pretty tragic if a newer player spent money on their first ever ARMAS weapon, and chose the LCR not knowing how terrible it is.

ARMAS full of such weapons, according to your logic they should remove anything except ATAC, Scout, N-Tec, OCA and PMG reskins. 

Personally would love to buy something like 3-slot LCR.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone - I apologize for the inconvenience, but we will need to amend our previously stated maintenance window. We previously announced that maintenance would take place at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 10 hours. Our provider's availability has changed, so we will need to shift that window to start at 3 PM UTC on 2/10 instead. The good news is that we are now expecting only 6 hours downtime. Thank you for your understanding! We will update the OP accordingly.
 

Also, to answer your question:

20 hours ago, Bambola said:

It's a lovely event, despite being an old one, but why 10 hours again.

Occasionally, when we do a patch or maintenance, we also have some work to do on the background infrastructure of the game. Downtime in those cases can take longer than average. We hope to return to our usual length and time in the near future. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

@MattScott @Sakebee You guys couldnt at least rotate new v day weapons into this reuse? We all have these same v day weapons and roles from 9 yrs ago

Ignored lol

atleast i can buy that obeya..dunno if i should really..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UTSAV said:

Uhhh what's the point of posting this in a Vday announcement thread? 

 

On topic: hope there more variants in the future for all events. Would love to see a Ntec love gun or something off the walls like a OPGL that shoots hearts(LOL) 

Edited by Valkyrja-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sakebee said:

start at 3 PM UTC on 2/10 instead

😭 So that's Pac-Time 7-am to 5-pm @10hrs. Possibly done by 1-pm pac-time @ 6hrs = $2.14 for 9 Eggs, on account of Johney fell off his bicycle on the way back from the grocery store, cracking 3 Eggs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so when will the server be up?

 

also why the heck you patching stuff during peak hours for this game? In every good company that patch would be during night or at the morning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DreAmGirL said:

so when will the server be up?

 

also why the heck you patching stuff during peak hours for this game? In every good company that patch would be during night or at the morning.

ikr, same thing every single time they do "maintenance".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 11:25 AM, Sakebee said:

Hey everyone - I apologize for the inconvenience, but we will need to amend our previously stated maintenance window. We previously announced that maintenance would take place at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 10 hours. Our provider's availability has changed, so we will need to shift that window to start at 3 PM UTC on 2/10 instead. The good news is that we are now expecting only 6 hours downtime. Thank you for your understanding! We will update the OP accordingly.
 

Also, to answer your question:

Occasionally, when we do a patch or maintenance, we also have some work to do on the background infrastructure of the game. Downtime in those cases can take longer than average. We hope to return to our usual length and time in the near future. 

4 minutes ago, DreAmGirL said:

also why the heck you patching stuff during peak hours for this game? In every good company that patch would be during night or at the morning.

It is the Provider not them. Just hold your horses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MattScott @Sakebee Guys can you add valentine weapons separently ?

You have writen on news blog that valentine variats weapons are avilable on armas but you only unlock v-weapon pack...

Maybe is becouse u need to chcnge price 😁😜

But just add guns to market please

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, Sakebee said:

 

Joker SR15 'Casanova' - Available through ARMAS & Valentine’s Gift Boxes

 

Obeya CR762 'Heartbreaker' - Available through ARMAS & Valentine’s Gift Boxes

 

Colby CSG-20 'Speed-Dater' - Available through ARMAS & Valentine’s Gift Boxes

 

N-HVR 243 'Cupid's Arrow' - Available through ARMAS & Valentine’s Gift Boxes

 

STAR 556 'Love-Gun' R&D III - Available through ARMAS & Valentine’s Gift Boxes

 

Colby M-1922 'Big Chopper' - Available through ARMAS & Valentine’s Gift Boxes

 

but u only add v-day bundle 😤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how long are the valentines weapons supposed to stay on armas for? (and why was there no xmas classics bundle considering there is a halloween and easter classics bundle)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...