Sign in to follow this  
VanilleKeks

Anticheat: What Are The Next Steps?

BattleEye is a thorn in many players' eyes for many different reasons. Cheaters, crashes, bugs or kicks for random stuff. I don't want to discuss how good or how bad BattleEye is more than I have to, but I want to inquire about any future plans. Be their reasons justified or not, we are losing players fast. This is unfornutate because you just released an amazing patch that finally gave us a breath of fresh air. I suppose some very dedicated pioneer users decided to take a break, but it's clear to anyone active in the communities around this game that there is severe dislike towards BattleEye.

BattleEye seems to struggle. While it does kick for macro programs like AutoIT and probably bans free clients, the amount of cheaters is rising. Even within higher skill communities there seems to be pretty wide spread acknowledgement of the problem (similar to late stage FairFight). Surely I can't speak for everyone but I have not heard anyone praise BattleEye.

Yesterday we barely managed to keep two silver districts alive on a friday night. A pop of 133 was online at around 1AM. Sure that's late but the drop in players even around prime time just confirms the fact that we are sinking.

What I also dislike is that there doesn't seem to be any solution. I don't have one and from my research there isn't that much more that would be worth it for such a small game. Bundle that together with the overall "meh" reception of the beta test and I think we got some tough times ahead. 

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 9

For me the game was always dead, if i was to play right now at night time for Australia, the population will be 9/5...... and its east. 

Though with the patch its cool, but its not going to make people come back and play again.  Most long time veterans are losing motivation to play and get bored very easily. So the population needs to rely on new players or players who are hook into the game still.

After seeing the engine update I don't think there's any hype anymore the whole thing looks like the game was re textured seems very disappointing. EMP grenade + new contact doesn't surprise me and that's the new content we get for waiting 7 years.

EAC best anti cheat.

Edited by Deadliest

I perfectly predicted that all of this would happen as soon as we heard about EAC's departure. I don't really see any other options on the table either and I expect the game to only plummet down more and more. It doesn't matter how many patches they release or what engine the game goes on, how good it looks or how balanced and competitive it becomes. If the cheater issue is as bad as this, APB won't go anywhere. This is the main issue of the game again, regardless of what people want to think.

APB's worst period was during the last months of FairFight when the population was at its all-time lowest (for that time) and it was caused by the blatant misuse of FairFight for manual banning anyone the old devs didn't like and also not banning actual cheaters for years on end. It was the last few months before LO announced their acquisition of G1 and APB. Now we aren't really getting many (if any) false positives because LO aren't malicious and don't seem to abuse it but a lot of actual cheaters are not being banned due to Battleye's inability to detect anything beyond free outdated cheats and some cheats that are just being tested until they become undetected on new throwaway APB accounts. Obviously, this is subpar and definitely useless in a game like APB where cheaters are in the top 3 biggest problems that the game has ever faced. Things are looking pretty dreadful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There will always be cheaters but this community ...
Rumors, false info
streamer hackusate everyone, viewers start to think the same
people hackusate ingame, people start to think the same

11 minutes ago, Flaws said:

-

Just stop please...
You are starting again to hackusate every average gold in this game on stream
The main issue are not the few cheaters, its the random and false hackusations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Shui said:

Just stop please...
You are starting again to hackusate every average gold in this game on stream
The main issue are not the few cheaters, its the random and false hackusations

The difference between EAC and BE is day and night, everyone knew that before it came back because we've already had BE in APB and the situation was just as bad towards the end. This is nothing new, I don't understand why you would say anything like this when the facts are right here and clearly visible. So many old cheaters came back now that EAC is gone, people that were gone from the game for most of EAC's reign and the game was significantly more enjoyable (and easier) to play.

Now every second player you meet is a slammer again all of a sudden. Low ranks, max ranks with names you've literally never seen or heard of before (bought accounts) and so on. No one can deny how superior EAC is.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Bundle that together with the overall "meh" reception of the beta test and I think we got some tough times ahead.

In the next few months(actually a year)an economic crisis of unprecedented proportions is looming so APB will be your last concern believe that..

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

In the next few months, an economic crisis of unprecedented proportions is looming so APB will be your last concern believe that..

You are probably a lot of fun at parties.

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

I perfectly predicted that all of this would happen as soon as we heard about EAC's departure. I don't really see any other options on the table either and I expect the game to only plummet down more and more. It doesn't matter how many patches they release or what engine the game goes on, how good it looks or how balanced and competitive it becomes. If the cheater issue is as bad as this, APB won't go anywhere. This is the main issue of the game again, regardless of what people want to think.

APB's worst period was during the last months of FairFight when the population was at its all-time lowest (for that time) and it was caused by the blatant misuse of FairFight for manual banning anyone the old devs didn't like and also not banning actual cheaters for years on end. It was the last few months before LO announced their acquisition of G1 and APB. Now we aren't really getting many (if any) false positives because LO aren't malicious and don't seem to abuse it but a lot of actual cheaters are not being banned due to Battleye's inability to detect anything beyond free outdated cheats and some cheats that are just being tested until they become undetected on new throwaway APB accounts. Obviously, this is subpar and definitely useless in a game like APB where cheaters are in the top 3 biggest problems that the game has ever faced. Things are looking pretty dreadful.

hahahaha how many accounts did you have again?

• Like 4

Cheaters will never be defeated in this game.

Live with them or quit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlishaHutt said:

Cheaters will never be defeated in this game.

Live with them or quit.

there's a big difference between accepting that there will always be cheaters and just sitting back and allowing them to flourish

• Like 5

With all this hate towards BE I'm thinking EAC was easier to bypass.

• Thanks 2

Closeting and triggerbots are becoming more of an issue again and while I won't say EAC was perfect and eliminated the majority of the cheating problem I will say that theres been a noticable increase in cheating primarily in the closeting area. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Closeting and triggerbots are becoming more of an issue again and while I won't say EAC was perfect and eliminated the majority of the cheating problem I will say that theres been a noticable increase in cheating primarily in the closeting area. 

closeting aka people who livestream themselves aimbotting but never get banned because they are ex-cheaters apparently

• Like 4

6 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

What I also dislike is that there doesn't seem to be any solution

APB and Little Orbit can only do so much.

The real fight is with the anti cheat companies being able to do their part on their side somehow.

7 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

This games fate is the same as NFS: World.

Flashback memories...  What a cool game it was till EA lose it to hackers.

~I use to have Toyota MR2 and Chevrolet El camino. I was unstoppable at sprint/drag race.

tenor.gif?itemid=13904041

Nostalgia kicks in ...

2 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

With all this hate towards BE I'm thinking EAC was easier to bypass.

Don't make jokes like this, some players are just dumb enough to believe it.

• Like 1

next step is FaceIT maybe?no idea but CEO said that BE is temporarily if im not mistaken

Stop crying, APB will never die and we all know that. Depression is not popular anymore.

14 hours ago, Frosi said:

I think the actual strategy is to give cheat coders so much whiplash from the amount of back and forth between anti-cheating methods that they eventually give up on coding new cheats for APB that probably makes them a few hundred a year. 

12 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Flashback memories...  What a cool game it was till EA lose it to hackers.

~I use to have Toyota MR2 and Chevrolet El camino. I was unstoppable at sprint/drag race.

tenor.gif?itemid=13904041

Nostalgia kicks in ...

Sad sad good memories came from that game..

5 hours ago, AgentWatson said:

I think the actual strategy is to give cheat coders so much whiplash from the amount of back and forth between anti-cheating methods that they eventually give up on coding new cheats for APB that probably makes them a few hundred a year. 

Going back to an inferior anti-cheat which is easier to bypass and inject through is not really helping that kind of strategy.

Let's try punkbuster again.

Then after that VAC.

Then vanguard.

Then maybe back to EAC?

On 8/8/2020 at 3:16 PM, ReaperTheButcher said:

This games fate is the same as NFS: World.

At least someone has the nerve to say it 😄 

Meanwhile i got handpicked banned on my account that was too much money invested so they are not gonna see me again 😄
just waiting for beta to be a big financial fail and closing the game officially 🙂 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Scheepy said:

At least someone has the nerve to say it 😄

People have been saying that for like 8 years now.

9 minutes ago, Scheepy said:

Meanwhile i got handpicked banned

You should have followed whatever rules you broke.

Being mad at the game wont help.

If you are really done playing, the healthy thing would be to just move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this