TheTankBal

Can We Do Something About The BRs In THE U.S. Servers PLZ?

im geting really tired going in the US English severs just to get spamed to death with BRs talking in portuguese. the US servers r bases in TX and the U.S. national language is English, can LO give the BRs there own server and start I.P. blocking the BRs from the US server like G1 did? also called a racist all u want cuz im not. 

2 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

im geting really tired going in the US English severs just to get spamed to death with BRs talking in portuguese. the US servers r bases in TX and the U.S. national language is English, can LO give the BRs there own server and start I.P. blocking the BRs from the US server like G1 did? also called a racist all u want cuz im not. 

Same issues on the EU servers. 80% of the district chat is russian. You kill an opponent, you get 5 whisper messages in russian. When you explain that you don't speak russian nor understand cyrillic, you get messages like "Fuck America", "PUTIN BITCHHHHHH" etc. I wish they would make a separate russian server too.

Two things, well three actually...

1. Jerich is an NA server not an American server, so expect to at least see English Spanish and French in chat

2. The Br's saved Jericho, which was a freaking ghost town until they arrived. I for one, am glad to have them.

3. Jericho bronze district appears to be majority Brazillian anyways, so really you are the minority, not them.

The BR's were invited to Jericho by the owners of the game. Sorry but you get no say in this. 

Stop being so xenophobic, if you really have that much of a problem with Portuguese, you can always turn off district chat. Problem solved.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

They did something already.

They shut down the Brazil server.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Two things, well three actually...

1. Jerich is an NA server not an American server, so expect to at least see English Spanish and French in chat

2. The Br's saved Jericho, which was a freaking ghost town until they arrived. I for one, am glad to have them.

3. Jericho bronze district appears to be majority Brazillian anyways, so really you are the minority, not them.

The BR's were invited to Jericho by the owners of the game. Sorry but you get no say in this. 

Stop being so xenophobic, if you really have that much of a problem with Portuguese, you can always turn off district chat. Problem solved.

not really. the BRs is what killed the US play base cuz all they did was lag and cheat let to right and going "BR #1" BRs for the most part r just cancer. i bet u once LO IP banns the BRs all the "lag" the US servers have will be gone. 

I'm pretty sure the NA server is the only one close enough for people in South American to play with a somewhat steady latency, (compared to EU and Han).

However, to address the ethics of your topic.

No, they shouldn't get blocked from joining any server, just you, an American, can play on the EU server.

• Jericho is for North America, so Canada and Mexico, and I guess any Caribbean Island can too. (San Juan is a US Territory, and they predominantly speak Spanish).
  • I'm pretty sure G1 didn't block the entire country of Brazil from playing. I was playing earlier, and out of the entire EN2 Waterfront, there was 1 or 2 people in /d speaking Portuguese. In my 7-8 missions, only 1 teammate was Brazilian. And guess what, he actually worked with our team...

Live and let it be. They're not hurting you playing on the server.

Srsly, whats wrong with you ppl? Players in eu complaining about how much they hate cyrillics and russians should be blocked from eu and be given their own server. Same story with jericho. Do u really go thru all the chatlogs? Are u here to play the game or read the chat?

• Like 1

You can ignore them. There is no reason to exclude them when they want to play the game same as everyone else. The added pop is welcomed.

They tried separate servers but the population there just isn't high enough to support that. If anything, they can spin-off language-based districts and see if that can work.

• Like 2

Just now, TheTankBal said:

not really. the BRs is what killed the US play base cuz all they did was lag and cheat let to right and going "BR #1" BRs for the most part r just cancer. i bet u once LO IP banns the BRs all the "lag" the US servers have will be gone. 

The "lag" in the servers doesn't work like that.

Stereotyping the whole citizenry of a nation isn't helping your case.

3 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

I remember reading from the LO staff that IP banning isn't useful because people would find ways to come back? Correct me please, if I'm wrong here.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

i bet u once LO IP banns the BRs all the "lag" the US servers have will be gone. 

Do you also believe the Earth is flat and that vaccines cause autism?

• Thanks 1

Turn off the district chat if you care that much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazikeen90 said:

I remember reading from the LO staff that IP banning isn't useful because people would find ways to come back? Correct me please, if I'm wrong here.

You can easily change your IP or use a proxy. They would have to region lock them (which they did when they tried the BR server). Again, it's not beneficial to split the playerbase at this time, we need the population.

Edited by LUST
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

Oh I remember the BR#1 days.

We all used to spam chat with that, I know I did. Was good times.

But regardless, they are your fellow players, I suggest you try to get to know some of them. You might find you have more in common than you think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

That racism tho.

23 minutes ago, Mazikeen90 said:

Same issues on the EU servers. 80% of the district chat is russian. You kill an opponent, you get 5 whisper messages in russian. When you explain that you don't speak russian nor understand cyrillic, you get messages like "Fuck America", "PUTIN BITCHHHHHH" etc. I wish they would make a separate russian server too.

Yeah. They could figure that when you're playing on EU you probably aren't american but they usually think that only americans get salty towards them.

im geting really tired going in the US American severs just to get spamed to death with Canadians talking in Canadian. the US servers r bases in TX and the U.S. national language is American, can LO give the BRs there own server and start I.P. blocking the Candians from the US server like G1 did? also called a racist all u want cuz im not. 

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

16 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

Do you also believe the Earth is flat and that vaccines cause autism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYV8laCbNSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2YtR6eFWxw

Learning how your body works wont harm you hm?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Yeah. They could figure that when you're playing on EU you probably aren't american but they usually think that only americans get salty towards them.

thats the diffence. in the EU server is multi-language and the US servers r English only. when i go to the EU servers its just to troll like shit bag russians. but i dont go and tell them to STFU and leave or what not

2 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

US servers r English only

Why do you think the North American servers are English only?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

thats the diffence. in the EU server is multi-language and the US servers r English only. when i go to the EU servers its just to troll like shit bag russians. but i dont go and tell them to STFU and leave or what not

1. They're not only U.S. Servers. That's like saying Microsoft is a U.S. only company, they don't do business anywhere else...

2. The North American Server is predominantly English Speaking because the main audience is predominantly English Speaking (Canada and U.S.)

3. Just as they can join the EU server, they can join the NA server. Which, if I remember, a Russian player can join to troll as well... should he/she be banned from the server just for wanting to play on it? (hint: the answer's no)

As much as you might not like to have a teammate that might not speak your language, and that certainly does suck, because this game is team based. However, they have just as much a right to pick the server that is closest to them to play on. Like it or not. Now, as for "STFU, LEAVE" chats, anyone speaking English, German, whatever can say that, and harassing is against the ToS, so they would be digging their own hole.

Yes these servers are in the U.S., but can you guess why? Because the U.S. is geographically, and population wise, in the middle of the region for all the players.

10 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

Do u like swastikas too?

This community sure has a way of going around in circles.

OP, here's some news for ya - Hoplon is gone and will stay gone. Get used to it.

13 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

WTF

Edited by Mazikeen90